Looking for a self storage facility in Tacoma, WA? Welcome to Storage.com! We're here to help you find the storage unit that best suits your needs. Our site is optimized to help you search, compare, and rent self storage within minutes based on location, unit size, price, and amenities. When you've found the unit for you, reserving it is a piece of cake—you can rent it right here at Storage.com!
COMMON REASONS FOR USING SELF STORAGE IN TACOMA
Whether you're moving to Tacoma from out of town, are relocating for work, attending school, need more space at home, or need to store seasonal belongings, Storage.com is here to help you find the Tacoma storage unit that fits your needs as well as your belongings.
Relocating to Tacoma
With a beautiful climate, gorgeous scenery, and a healthy local economy, Tacoma offers a lot of opportunities for its residents. Tacoma is an international trade center thanks to its major seaport, the Port of Tacoma. As a trade center, Tacoma is home to many large companies such as True Blue, Inc., Simpson Lumber Company, LLC, Roman Meal, and Brown & Haley, as well as other top employers including Joint Base Lewis-McChord, MultiCare Health System, Franciscan Health System, and the State of Washington. With plenty of employment opportunities, growing neighborhoods such as Ruston and Hilltop, and a thriving arts and culture district, the "City of Destiny" offers something different for everyone.
Relocating is always an exciting experience wherever you're going, but transitioning into a new home and starting a new job can be stressful to say the least. Renting a storage unit in Tacoma can help ease the strain of moving. You can store all of your household items in Tacoma mini storage while you're finding the perfect place to live. Once you've found your new home, you can take your time unpacking your belongings from your storage unit into your new home.
Helpful storage features when relocating:
- Drive-Up Access:Work smarter, not harder by renting a storage unit in Tacoma with drive-up access. Drive-up units make it more manageable to load and unload heavy or bulky items by driving a truck right up to the door of your unit.
- Short-Term Rental Agreements: Look for a Tacoma storage facility that offers weekly or monthly rental agreements. This way you're not stuck in a lease and paying for storage longer than you need it.
- Climate Control: If you're storing items during the summer months, you should consider climate-controlled self storage in Tacoma. Climate control will keep your unit between 55-85°F with low humidity, ensuring your sensitive belongings like electronics, wood furniture, photos and more are not damaged during Washington's rainy season.
Living in Downtown Tacoma
Downtown Tacoma is a beautiful place to live that has something for everyone, whether you're a fan of gorgeous views of Mount Rainier or Commencement Bay or you're interested in arts, culture, city heritage, or sports. With the Broadway Center for the Performing Arts, Museum of Glass, Tacoma Dome, and other exciting opportunities, you'll never be bored living downtown.
However, Downtown Tacoma's prime location comes at a high cost. Residents often have to choose between a smaller living space downtown or moving away from the city center to find a large enough space that fits their budget. This is where Tacoma self storage comes to the rescue to help downtown residents fit comfortably in their smaller spaces.
Storage amenities to consider when living in Downtown Tacoma:
- Downtown Location: You probably chose to live downtown so you would be close to everything. Logically, your storage unit should be close by, too. Easy access and proximity is key to maximizing your living space with mini storage, so look for a Tacoma storage facility that's downtown.
- Facility Security: If you're storing valuables in a downtown storage unit, you'll want to make sure they're safe. Most storage facilities offer basic security features like gated access and unit locks, but if you'd like more protection for your peace of mind, look for more advanced security measures like alarmed units, video surveillance, and on-site management.
Self Storage for College Students
With several colleges and institutes of higher education—including the University of Puget Sound and University of Washington Tacoma—Tacoma is home for many college students. While college is a must for a lot of people, it can also be a rather cramped experience when you're living in close quarters.
Whether you're living on campus in a residence hall or you're sharing an apartment downtown with several roommates, not having enough space is a common problem in college. Consider a Tacoma storage unit to help you save the limited space you have and keep your belongings safe when you're not using them instead of finding a more spacious and expensive apartment.
Seasonal clothing, recreational equipment, and extra furniture take up valuable space you don't have; keep them in a Tacoma storage locker until you need them. If you're going home for the summer, save yourself the stress of hauling everything home only to bring it back three months later by storing it in Tacoma mini storage until August.
Helpful storage features for college students:
- Unit Size: For storing college essentials like bedding, a mini-fridge, school supplies, or room decorations, a 5x5 or 5x10 unit should do the trick. A 5x5 unit starts around $30 per month in Tacoma, with larger units going up in price. Consider sharing a unit with a friend or roommate to make your storage more budget-friendly.
- Short-Term Rental Agreements: If you're only looking for a short-term storage solution, look for a storage facility in Tacoma that offers weekly or month rental agreements. This way you're not stuck in a lease and paying for storage longer than you need it.
- Climate Control: If you're storing over the summer months, look for a Tacoma storage facility with climate-controlled units. Excessive heat or humidity (ahem, Washington's rainy season) can damage sensitive items like books, electronics, wood furniture, and more. A climate-controlled unit will remain between 55-85°F with low humidity so your belongings are safe.
Tacoma is a great city to have a little, or a lot, of fun outdoors. You can go hiking through Point Defiance Park, scuba diving along Titlow Beach, biking along Ruston Way, or golfing at Meadow Park. Whatever your preference, there are plenty of opportunities for you to enjoy outdoor life in the city.
When you're not out having fun, all of your recreational equipment can take up a lot of space. Items like golf clubs and bicycles are essential for outdoor hobbies, but need a good storage solution when they're not in use. Using Tacoma self storage, you can safely store your gear when it's not in use so everything is ready for your next adventure and you're not tripping over it at home.
Storage amenities to consider for storing recreational equipment:
- Unit Size: Measure your gear before renting a unit to make sure you rent the right amount of space. A 5x5 unit is great for storing golf clubs or scuba gear, whereas you'll want a 5x10 for mountain bikes or kayaks. Take a look at our interactive storage unit size guide for additional information.
- 24-Hour Access: A facility with 24-hour access is key for spontaneous adventures. When you get the urge to hit the road or are out later than planned, a storage facility with 24-hour access puts you in control so you can access your unit whenever it's convenient for your schedule.
- Facility Location: Choose a storage facility that is close to home or close to the place you frequently use your recreational gear. You'll want your equipment nearby when you frequent the trails or golf courses, instead of stored in a unit that's a 30-minute drive across town.
Auto, Boat, and RV Storage in Tacoma
The climate and landscape in Tacoma are basically begging you to go out and explore the terrain. Seated between Mount Rainier and Commencement Bay, there's no shortage of places to use your toys, whether you're off-roading on High Rock Lookout or snowmobiling through a Washington State Sno-Park. When you're not using recreational vehicles, however, it's a challenge to find room for them at home. Tacoma vehicle storage makes it easy to safely store all of your fun toys so they're safe, out of the way, and ready for your next adventure.
Storage options for vehicles include:
- Outdoor storage is the most affordable option and offers no protection from the elements.
- Covered storage is slightly more expensive and provides some shelter from the elements.
- Indoor storage is the most expensive option and it provides complete protection from the elements.
Additional vehicle storage features to consider:
- Facility Security: These toys may well be your pride and joy, so you'll want to make sure they're safe. All storage facilities offer standard security measures including gated access and unit locks. If you'd like a little extra security for your peace of mind, choose a storage facility in Tacoma with more advanced options like video surveillance, alarmed units, and on-site management.
- Climate Control: If you're storing heat-sensitive vehicles in your storage unit like a classic car or a boat you salvaged, consider a climate-controlled unit. Climate control will keep your unit at a comfortable temperature, between 55-85°F, with low humidity, ensuring that sensitive belongings aren't damaged during Washington's rainy season.
RENT YOUR TACOMA STORAGE UNIT TODAY!
Thanks for visiting Storage.com to explore your self storage options. If you've found the Tacoma storage unit you need, you can make your reservations right here on our site, or you can call in to speak with a storage representative.