Cramped for space in San Diego, CA? Let Storage.com be your guide to finding and comparing storage units by price, location, features, and size within minutes. Do all of your searching right here on our site and then reserve the unit that best fits your storage needs quickly and easily.
Common Reasons for Using Self Storage in San Diego
Maybe you're new to San Diego due to a change in jobs, assignment in the Navy, educational opportunities, or simply a love of the fantastic weather. Whatever the case may be for you, renting a storage unit is a simple way to help ease your transition.
Relocating to San Diego
Known for its large number of headquarters and research institutes in the biotechnology industry, San Diego has over 400 businesses in the field, including Neurocrine Biosciences, ResMed, and the Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation. San Diego is also home to notable regional headquarters in the technology industry including Nokia, LG Electronics, QUALCOMM, and Kyocera International, drawing in professionals of all ages and skill sets to work and reside in the sunny environment.
Defense is another of the area's prominent industries and San Diego is the site of several U.S. Navy facilities, Marine Corps bases, and Coast Guard stations. Naval Base San Diego is the largest Navy Base on the West Coast and is home to 20,000 military members.
Thanks to the plenitude of career opportunities, many people move to San Diego for a new job. While moving to a new city is an exciting experience in general, it can also bring along feelings of stress throughout the moving process. An easy way to manage the inconveniences that come with relocating is to use a storage unit in San Diego during your transition. Store your belongings in a safe place while you're between homes or as you look for a new place to live.
Storage amenities to look for when relocating:
- Drive-Up Access: When moving large furniture, appliances, and heavy boxes, drive-up access makes it easier to load your possessions into your storage unit. This feature allows you to pull your moving truck or vehicle right up to your unit's door for quick and easy unloading.
- Short-Term Rental Agreements: If you only need for a space to keep your belongings for a short amount of time while you make your transition, look for a San Diego storage facility with short-term rental agreements. That way, you can rent on a weekly or monthly basis that's flexible with your storage needs.
- Climate Control: Many of the belongings you wish to store, like electronics, wood furniture, and photographs, may be affected by extreme temperatures. A climate-controlled storage unit in San Diego will keep your possessions in a regulated environment between 55–85°F with low humidity.
Opting for a living space right in the heart of downtown is a popular choice for many residents of San Diego. Take a walk or a trolley ride to the historically charming Gaslamp Quarter, scattered with the cities best restaurants, boutiques, and rooftop bars, or spend the afternoon with exotic animals at the world famous San Diego Zoo. With an endless variety of events and attractions, you can kick back on the beach by day and unwind in the city by night.
Living in San Diego's lively downtown area doesn't have to mean breaking the bank to get a little more living space, because you can gain more space for less cash by renting a San Diego storage unit near your place. Use your unit to store non-essential items that would otherwise sit and collect dust or cause clutter.
Storage features to consider when living downtown:
- Location: Choose a Downtown San Diego storage unit within walking distance of your place so retrieving items or storing more is just a few steps away.
- Security: Facilities located in busy downtown areas tend to offer extra security for your peace of mind. Alarmed units, security cameras, and gated access are a few features to look for during your search.
- Unit Size: Renting a storage unit gives you the same amount of space (or more) as having an additional room in your apartment. Your unit options with generally range between 5x5 and 20x30. Use our storage unit size guide to determine how much space you'll need.
Attending College in San Diego
If you're a new or current student of San Diego State University, the University of California, San Diego, or one of the many other colleges located in the city, San Diego is the place you call home for at least a portion of the year. With roughly 30,000 students enrolled each year at San Diego State, and another 30,000 at the University of California, San Diego, it's safe to say that the living quarters in the city are nearly filled to the brim.
Whether you need to store your campus belongings over the summer break, or you need some additional space during the school year, San Diego self storage can help. Rent a storage unit in San Diego near your campus and make the task of managing your college furnishings a lot easier.
Self storage features for college students to consider:
- Short-Term Rental Agreement: If you're looking to store your stuff when you head home for summer vacation, look into facilities that will let you rent a unit on a month-to-month basis. That way, you don't have to worry about lugging large or unneeded items home just to bring them back to campus in a few months.
- Location: If you're a walker or heavy user of public transportation, renting a San Diego storage locker at a facility close to your campus makes transitioning your things extremely simple. Some facilities offer discounts for college students on units or moving trucks with a rental, so be sure to inquire about these options during your search.
Storing Recreational Equipment
With a picturesque scene of mountains, canyons, and bays all by the sea, the list of recreational activities in the San Diego area is truly endless. Whether you're interested in hiking the Laguna Mountains, scoping out Rose Canyon, or sailing the San Diego Bay, you'll never run out of things to do. Instead of trying to fit all of your outdoor equipment in a small closet or garage, store it properly and safety in a San Diego storage unit near your favorite outdoor attractions.
Helpful storage features for recreational equipment:
- Unit Size: Be sure to measure all of the equipment that you're looking to store before picking out a unit size, or ask your facility manager if you're still unsure which dimensions will best fit your needs.
- 24-Hour Access: The spontaneity of your outdoor adventure is half the fun, so finding a facility that offers you 24-hour access to your gear is a must.
- Vehicle Storage: If you have an RV, boat, or an ATV you want to store, look for a San Diego storage facility that offers specialized vehicle storage.
RENT YOUR SAN DIEGO STORAGE UNIT TODAY!
Thank you for visiting Storage.com to find self storage in San Diego. If you have found the right unit for your needs, you can reserve it on our website in just minutes, or you can call in to speak with a storage representative.