Self storage in Tampa, FL is just a few steps away at Storage.com. If you're looking for a Tampa storage unit, use our convenient directory to compare a wide range of locations, unit sizes, prices, and features to help you find the best fit for your belongings. Once you've found the storage facility of your choice, you can make your reservation right here online at Storage.com. It's really that easy!
WHY DO PEOPLE NEED SELF STORAGE IN TAMPA?
Individuals and businesses use mini storage as an economical space solution for many reasons. In addition to events like relocating to the area or moving into a new home, there are other occasions that call for additional space. Self storage facilities can provide a secure option when storing recreational equipment and vehicles, business equipment, or personal belongings for seasonal living.
Using Mini Storage When Moving
Whether you're relocating to the Tampa Bay area or you already live there and you're moving into a new home, self storage can help you manage your belongings through the transition. Many people are drawn to Tampa for both work and play. With nearly 3 million people living in the area, Tampa is one of the largest cities in Florida and provides a mix of economic opportunity with Gulf Coast surf, sun, and sand.
However, it can be difficult to coordinate moving dates, and you may need a place to store your belongings when you're between homes. Tampa storage facilities provide a wide range of unit sizes to accommodate your needs. For an entire home, you may need a larger unit, like a 10x20 or 10x30. To help you determine how much space you need, you can use our interactive size guide at Storage.com, which provides illustrations to help you see what can fit in each unit size.
Helpful features when using self storage during a move:
- Short-Term Rental Agreement: Many Tampa storage facilities will give you a month-to-month lease so you can avoid renting storage for longer than you'll need it.
- Drive-Up Access: You'll want to choose a unit with drive-up access to move large appliances and bulky furniture easily.
- Additional Security Features: Since you're storing all of your belongings, you may want to choose a storage unit that provides advanced security features like video surveillance, alarmed units, or on-site management.
Finding Tampa Mini Storage for Seasonal Living
Snowbirds (people who migrate to warm climates for the winter) live in the Tampa area for a few months every year. Often, snowbirds are retired people who have a household in a northern state. Rather than hauling belongings across the country or paying to maintain two residences year-round, many snowbirds rent a home or apartment in Florida for the winter and store their possessions in a Tampa storage unit when they head north for the summer.
Making College Life Easier with Tampa Self Storage
Tampa welcomes thousands of college students every year to the University of South Florida and University of Tampa. University of South Florida is one of the largest public universities in the nation with approximately 48,000 students, creating a large influx of Tampa residents when the school year starts. Students come from all over the state of Florida, as well as from other areas of the country to attend these two schools.
Since driving times in Florida alone can stretch to up to 14 hours, many students choose to rent a storage unit in Tampa and store their belongings over the summer, rather than hauling it all home just to return in a couple of months. Self storage can be an economical convenience for students on the move.
Tips for college students looking for Tampa self storage:
- A short-term rental agreement is a good idea for students who only need to store belongings for a few weeks or months.
- Look for storage facilities that offer a free moving truck with rental.
- Most students only need a small unit, such as a 5x5 or 5x10, to store items from a dorm room. If you're looking for more space, consider sharing a storage unit with a friend or roommate to save money.
- Choose a climate-controlled storage unit in Tampa to avoid damage to sensitive items over the hot Florida summer.
Storing Recreational Vehicles and Equipment
The Tampa Bay area affords people endless opportunities to enjoy the sun and sand while still giving them the conveniences of a major city. Because many people in Tampa, especially in the downtown area, live in apartments or condominiums, they might not have the space they need to store all of the belongings and equipment they want for local recreation.
Items like surfboards, sailboards, and golf clubs can take up a lot of room, and many people do not have additional space for such items. Personal watercraft like jet skis, waverunners, and kayaks are very popular in the Tampa area, but where can you store them when not on the water? A storage unit can be a perfect solution to safely stow your belongings out of the way until you need them.
- Location: Look for self storage locations that are either near your home or near the place where you want to use your recreational equipment, such as a river, lake, oceanfront marina, or park. When planning a fun outing, you won't want to drive across town or backtrack over a long distance just to get your gear.
- Extended Hours: You may want to find a storage facility with extended hours to make it more convenient to access your belongings when you're preparing for your outdoor excursions.
- Indoor/Outdoor/Covered: You'll need to decide if you want indoor, outdoor, or covered storage for your equipment. Often, people choose outdoor storage for recreational vehicles and boats, as it's the most affordable. Covered storage is also outdoors but offers more protection for your belongings from the elements. Indoor storage offers the most protection from both the weather and theft.
- Drive-up Access: Storage units with drive-up access make it easier to load and unload large vehicles like jet skis, boats, and ATVs.
Growing Your Small Business with a Storage Unit
Self storage is not just for individuals or families. Many small businesses use storage units as an economical way to manage business assets and provide more space for their organizations. Business owners use self storage to store office supplies, furniture, electronics, or paper documents. They also may rent a storage unit to house extra inventory.
Some helpful features for small business storage in Tampa:
- Security: When storing valuable business investments like inventory, furniture, and electronics, you may want to choose a facility with additional security features like video surveillance, alarmed units, or on-site management.
- Climate Control: You'll definitely want to choose a unit with climate control in Tampa to protect your belongings from the hot, humid conditions in South Florida, which can damage sensitive items like electronics and paper documents.
- Business Center: Some storage facilities provide amenities for business owners, such as meeting rooms, Wi-Fi, and electrical outlets inside storage units.
THE BENEFITS OF CLIMATE-CONTROLLED STORAGE IN TAMPA
Due to the very hot, humid climate in Tampa, most people will want to consider a climate-controlled storage unit to protect their belongings. Extreme temperatures and humidity can damage sensitive items, such as antiques, wooden furniture, clothing, electronics, and photos. Climate control keeps units between 55-85°Fand dehumidifies the space to maintain ideal storage conditions.
RESERVE YOUR TAMPA STORAGE UNIT TODAY!
Thanks for stopping by Storage.com! If you've found a self storage unit that suits your needs, you can reserve directly online or call in to speak with one of our storage representatives.