Looking for a self storage facility in Brandon, FL? Welcome to Storage.com! We're here to help you find the storage unit that best fits your storage needs. You can compare storage based on location, unit size, price, and features. When you've found the right Brandon storage unit for you, reserving a unit is simple—you can rent it right here on Storage.com!
COMMON REASONS FOR USING SELF STORAGE IN BRANDON
Whether you're moving to Brandon, need more space in your downtown apartment, attending college in or around the city, or simply want somewhere to stash recreational gear, a Brandon storage unit can help.
Relocating to Brandon
Many young professionals and families have relocated to Brandon because of the area's strong job market and economy. With an unemployment rate of 5.6% (under the national average of 6.3%), large employers like the School District of Hillsborough County and Hillsborough County Government, and nearby career opportunities in Tampa, Brandon is a Florida hot spot to relocate for work.
But relocating for work isn't as simple as moving everything to a new home. Sometimes, move-in dates don't line up with your new work schedule—that is, your job start date may be weeks or months ahead of your home move-in date. Often, those who've relocated to Brandon have to stay with family and friends or rent a hotel room until they can get settled. During that time, finding a place for furniture, appliances, and other belongings is difficult. That's where Brandon mini storage comes in. With a storage unit, you can easily keep all of your belongings safe while you wait.
Storage amenities to consider when relocating:
- Climate Control: When storing sensitive items, such as electronics, antique furniture, and photos, you need a unit that stays between 55-85°F year-round and moderates humidity. This protect your items from damage.
- Drive-Up Access: Finding a storage facility in Brandon with drive-up access will make moving larger furniture and appliances easier, as you'll be able to pull right up to your unit for loading and unloading.
- Short-Term Rental Agreements: If it's hard to know when you'll be able to move into your new home, you'll want a Brandon storage facility with flexible leasing. This means you can rent self storage on a weekly or monthly basis rather than getting locked into a long-term contract.
Living in Downtown Brandon
With retailers, concerts, art galleries, and restaurants like the Mellow Mushroom, Della's After Dark, and Jo-To Japanese Steak House, Downtown Brandon is happening. In fact, that's why people choose to live downtown—to be closer to the action. Unfortunately, living downtown often means sacrificing space in order to be closer to the fun. That's why many downtown residents turn to Brandon self storage in order to expand their living spaces without having to upgrade to a larger, more expensive apartment or condo.
Storage amenities to consider when you need more space:
- Facility Location: One of the benefits of living downtown is the convenient distance from everything you need. Your Brandon storage unit shouldn't be any different. Find a location that's close to your apartment or condo so you don't have to go out of your way to grab things you need.
- 24-Hour Access: You never know when you may need to grab something from your storage unit, so it can be helpful to find a storage facility with round-the-clock access.
- Facility Security: Your belongings are important and valuable, which means you'll want to make sure they're protected in storage. When reserving mini storage, look for a facility with unit alarms, video surveillance, on-site management, or other advanced security features.
College Students in Brandon Using Storage
Students attending the University of South Florida in Tampa often choose to rent apartments or storage units in Brandon because they're usually cheaper than they would be in Tampa. Whether it's storing seasonal items, recreational gear, a vehicle, or dorm furniture throughout the year or just while they're away on break, college students love self storage.
Storage amenities to consider for college storage:
- Unit Size: For most college storage needs, a 5x5 or 5x10 storage unit will do. These unit sizes are similar to a walk-in closet space. Students who want to store a vehicle should look at 10x10, 10x20, and 10x30 sizes.
- Facility Location: Find storage facilities in Brandon that are either close to your apartment or dorm room or between your campus and your home. That way, you won't waste time getting to your items.
- Short-Term Rental Agreements: Flexible rental agreements are useful if you plan to only store items over the long summer break. This ensures you aren't paying for storage you don't need.
Storing Recreational Equipment
With the beautiful weather in Florida and proximity to Hillsborough Bay, you probably enjoy outdoor recreation. But these activities don't come without their share of equipment. Fishing gear, kayaks, golf clubs, beach toys—all of these can take up space in a closet or garage. Rather than getting rid of these items (or allow them to keep taking up space), invest in a Brandon storage unit.
Storage amenities to consider when storing recreational equipment:
- Facility Location: The location of your storage unit is important when storing recreational equipment. Whether you use it every day or just on the weekends, finding a storage facility that's either close to your home or where you spend time outdoors will save you time.
- Security Features: Kayaks, golf clubs, and fishing equipment can be expensive, so you want to ensure that your belongings are safe when leaving them in a storage unit. There are many facilities that offer gated access and video surveillance to put your mind at ease when leaving your items behind.
- 24-Hour Access: Since plans can change at the drop of a hat, it's a good idea to reserve a storage unit with 24-hour access. You never want to miss out on a round of golf because your storage facility isn't open.
RENT BRANDON MINI STORAGE TODAY
Thanks for stopping by Storage.com to find Brandon self storage. If you've found the storage unit you need, you can reserve it right here on our site, or you can call in to speak with a storage representative.