Revised: February 18, 2021
1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
PLEASE REVIEW THIS TOU CAREFULLY. BY REGISTERING FOR AN ACCOUNT OR OTHERWISE ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICES, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS TOU, INCLUDING ANY UPDATES OR REVISIONS POSTED HERE OR OTHERWISE COMMUNICATED TO YOU. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS TOU, YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES.
THIS TOU REQUIRES FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION TO RESOLVE ANY DISPUTE OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THIS TOU, OR YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING THE VALIDITY, APPLICABILITY OR INTERPRETATION OF THIS TOU, AND YOU AGREE THAT ANY SUCH CLAIM WILL BE RESOLVED ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION, ARBITRATION OR OTHER SIMILAR PROCESS. PLEASE REVIEW SECTION 14 CAREFULLY TO UNDERSTAND YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE RESOLUTION OF ANY CLAIM.
- Grant. Subject to and conditioned on your compliance with this TOU, Storable hereby grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license solely to use the Services only for your personal, non-commercial use to initiate and request Reservations for Units. Your access to and use of the Services must further comply in all material respects with all usage guidelines we post.
3. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
- You grant Storable and its service providers a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, fully-paid-up, non-exclusive, sublicensable, transferable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publicly perform, publicly display, distribute, make and have made all content (in any form and any medium, whether now known or later developed) that you provide in connection with the Services. You acknowledge and agree that the technical processing and transmission of data associated with the Services, may require: (i) transmissions over various networks and across borders; and (ii) modifications to conform, connect, and adapt to technical requirements of networks or devices.
- The Services provided to you hereunder or available to you through the Services are licensed, not sold, and Storable retains and reserves all rights not expressly granted in this TOU. You acknowledge and agree that, as between you and Storable, Storable and its licensors own all rights, title and interest (including all intellectual property rights) in the Services and all data, content, and other materials within the Services. The Services are protected by U.S. and international copyright and other intellectual property laws and treaties. Storable reserves all rights not expressly granted to you in this TOU.
- You may not share your account or password with anyone. You are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify Storable immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or password or any other similar breach of security. If your account remains inactive for three months or longer, Storable reserves the right to suspend or terminate your account, with or without notice to you, and delete your content all without liability.
4. RESERVATION TERMS
- Storable reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to deny access to the Service and decline Reservations, at any time and for any reason.
- As a condition of your use of the Reservation Service, you warrant that: (i) you will use the Service in accordance with this TOU; (ii) you possess the legal authority to create a binding legal obligation; (iii) you will only use the Service to initiate legitimate Reservations for you or for another person or company for whom you are legally authorized to act; (iv) all information supplied by you via the Service is true, accurate, current and complete; and (v) you are at least 18 years of age.
- If you use the Service to make a reservation online, certain automated dialing features of the Service may call you at the telephone number(s) that you provide to us including without limitation in order to try to connect you with the lessor of the Unit(s) that you have expressed interest in via the Service. The personnel with whom you speak as a result of any such call are the personnel of the third party lessors, not Storable.
- Storable is not involved in any lease transaction pertaining to a Unit, and any such transaction is solely between you and the lessor. Storable has no control over and does not guarantee the quality, safety or legality of spaces advertised, the truth or accuracy of listings, the ability of lessors to lease the storage space, or that a lessor will actually complete a transaction.
- Storable’s role in the rental of storage spaces is limited to publishing advertising provided by lessors and communicating your requests for Reservations to storage operators. Storable is not responsible for, and does not engage in, brokering, selling, purchasing, exchanging, or leasing posted properties. Storable does not purport to broker transactions, even though Storable may be licensed as a real estate broker in one or more states. Storable does not counsel lessors or lessees, show properties, negotiate sales contracts, or hold a position of trust and confidence, whether or not in connection with the Services. No brokerage relationship or any agency or fiduciary relationship is intended to be or shall be deemed to have been created between Storable and any lessee of a storage space. Storable makes no representations about properties advertised on this Website, about the lessors of such properties, or about the accuracy of information provided by such lessors. Prospective lessees are advised to perform all due diligence before entering into a contract to rent or lease storage space.
5. REVIEW TERMS
- In connection with the Services, you may submit reviews of facilities from which you rented Units, by survey or otherwise. You acknowledge Storable’s right to publish any reviews you submit. Storable only posts reviews submitted by customers who have had a firsthand experience with the facility being reviewed. You may not submit a review if you have a relationship with the facility being reviewed, whether as an owner, manager, employee or competitor. You may not submit a review if you receive compensation or the promise of compensation (such as a discount off the facility's rental fees or a free product) in exchange for the review.
- Reviews submitted to Storable and posted on the Website reflect the opinions and beliefs of the individual reviewers and not of Storable or any of its affiliates, officers, directors or employees. Storable does not endorse any of the opinions expressed by reviewers. Storable is not affiliated with any facility listed or reviewed on the Website.
6. USER CONDUCT AND RESTRICTIONS
- In your use of the Services, you will not:
- use, reproduce, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, sublicense, publicly perform, publicly display, distribute, sell, lease, rent, make, have made, assign, pledge, transfer or otherwise grant rights to the Services, except as expressly permitted under this TOU;
- reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, translate, or otherwise attempt to derive trade secrets, algorithms, or the source code, architectural framework, or data records, within or associated with the Services;
- interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the Services, including by disrupting the ability of any other person to use or enjoy the Services;
- provide use of the Services on a service bureau, rental or managed services basis, provide or permit other individuals or entities to create Internet "links" to the Services or "frame" or "mirror" the Services on any other server, or wireless or Internet-based device;
- access the Services for the purpose of developing, marketing, selling or distributing any product or service that competes with or includes features substantially similar to the Services;
- violate any applicable local, state, provincial, federal or international law or regulation, or use the Services for any illegal, unauthorized or otherwise improper purposes, including to store or transmit malicious code, or to store or transmit material in violation of third-party privacy rights;
- remove or obscure any proprietary notice that appears within the Services;
- impersonate any person or entity, including Storable personnel, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with Storable, or any other entity or person;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Services;
- take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately heavy load on the Services or its infrastructure; or
- use spiders, crawlers, robots, scrapers, automated tools or any other similar means to access the Services; or download, reproduce, or archive any substantial portion of the Services.
- You will not: upload, post, email, store, transmit, or otherwise make available any content that:
- is illegal, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or otherwise objectionable;
- may not be made available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as confidential or proprietary information learned as part of an employment relationship or under a non-disclosure agreement);
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary right of any party;
- consists of unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, commercial electronic messages, or any other form of solicitation;
- contains software viruses or any other code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any software or hardware;
- contains infringing, libelous, or otherwise unlawful or tortious material; or
- consists of information that you know or have reason to know is false or inaccurate.
- Storable’s failure to enforce any of these restrictions or guidelines shall not act as a waiver for any future enforcement, will not be considered a breach of this TOU by Storable, and does not create a private right of action for any other party.
7. LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES
8. COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
- If you believe that your work has been made available through the Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, whether in such comments, reviews, or otherwise please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information: (i) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (iii) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Website; (iv) your address, telephone number, and primary email address; (v) a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
- Send any notices of suspected copyright infringement issues to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Copyright in the subject line.
- You shall indemnify and hold Storable and its affiliates, and each of their officers, directors, employees, agents, partners and licensors (collectively, “Storable Parties”) harmless from and against all losses, damages, costs, liabilities, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, to extent resulting from or arising out of any third party claim, demand, or action due to (a) content you provide to Storable; (b) your violation of this TOU, any law or regulation, or any rights (including intellectual property rights) of another party; or (c) your use of the Services, except as expressly permitted in this TOU.
- THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED TO YOU STRICTLY ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. ALL CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
- STORABLE MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION THAT: (i) THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (ii) ACCESS TO THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, VIRUS-FREE, OR ERROR-FREE; OR (iii) THE INFORMATION AND ANY RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, CURRENT, OR COMPLETE.
- ALL CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES IS MADE AVAILABLE FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR CONFIRMING THE ACCURACY OF ALL CONTENT BEFORE TAKING OR OMITTING ANY ACTION
- THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY MAY NOT BE VALID IN SOME JURISDICTIONS AND YOU MAY HAVE WARRANTY RIGHTS UNDER LAW WHICH MAY NOT BE WAIVED OR DISCLAIMED. ANY SUCH WARRANTY EXTENDS ONLY FOR THIRTY (30) DAYS FROM THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF THIS AGREEMENT (UNLESS SUCH LAW PROVIDES OTHERWISE).
11. Limitations of Liability
- STORABLE PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR GOODWILL, OR COST OF COVER, OR FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING DAMAGES ARISING FROM ANY TYPE OR MANNER OF COMMERCIAL, BUSINESS, OR FINANCIAL LOSS, EVEN IF STORABLE PARTIES HAD ACTUAL OR CONSTRUCTIVE KNOWLEDGE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE. IN NO EVENT SHALL STORABLE PARTIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS TOU OR YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF (OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE) THE SERVICES OR CONTENT EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO STORABLE FOR ACCESS TO THE SERVICES WITHIN THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE DATE ON WHICH THE APPLICABLE CLAIM(S) AROSE.
- THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS, EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS SHALL APPLY REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. INSOFAR AS APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS ANY LIMITATION ON LIABILITY HEREIN, THE PARTIES AGREE THAT SUCH LIMITATION WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY MODIFIED, BUT ONLY TO THE EXTENT SO AS TO MAKE THE LIMITATION COMPLIANT WITH APPLICABLE LAW. THE PARTIES AGREE THAT THE LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITIES SET FORTH HEREIN ARE AGREED ALLOCATIONS OF RISK AND SUCH LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY.
12. SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
- If you violate this TOU, Storable may, with or without notice to you, immediately suspend or terminate your access and use of the Services.
- Storable reserves the right at any time to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Services (or any portion thereof) with or without notice, and Storable shall not be liable to you or any third party for any such modification or discontinuance;
- Upon termination of this TOU for any reason: (i) Storable, in its sole discretion, may remove and discard your content and information; (ii) you will immediate cease your use of the Services; and (iii) any provision that, by its terms, is intended to survive the expiration or termination of this TOU shall survive such expiration or termination. Further, you agree that Storable shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your account or access to the Services.
13. GOVERNING LAW
This TOU shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the United States Federal Arbitration Act, other applicable federal laws and the laws of the State of Texas, without regard to conflict of laws principles. The parties agree that neither the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, nor the Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act (UCITA) shall apply to this TOU, regardless of the states in which the parties do business or are incorporated.
14. BINDING ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER
- ALL CLAIMS ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION RATHER THAN IN COURT, EXCEPT THAT YOU MAY ASSERT CLAIMS IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT (DEFINED FOR THE PURPOSES OF THIS TOU AS A COURT OF LIMITED JURISDICTION THAT MAY ONLY HEAR CLAIMS NOT EXCEEDING $5,000) IF YOUR CLAIMS ARE WITHIN THE COURT’S JURISDICTION. THERE IS NO JUDGE OR JURY IN ARBITRATION, AND COURT REVIEW OF AN ARBITRATION AWARD IS LIMITED.
- The arbitration shall be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) under its then-applicable Commercial Arbitration Rules or, as appropriate, its Consumer Arbitration Rules. The AAA’s rules are available at http://www.adr.org/. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees shall be governed by the AAA’s rules. The arbitration shall be conducted in the English language by a single independent and neutral arbitrator. For any hearing conducted in person as part of the arbitration, you agree that such hearing shall be conducted in Austin, Texas or, if the Consumer Arbitration Rules apply, another location reasonably convenient to both parties with due consideration of their ability to travel and other pertinent circumstances, as determined by the arbitrator. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding. Judgment on the arbitral award may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
- WE EACH AGREE THAT ALL CLAIMS SHALL BE RESOLVED ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR OTHER SIMILAR PROCESS (INCLUDING ARBITRATION). IF FOR ANY REASON A CLAIM PROCEEDS IN COURT RATHER THAN IN ARBITRATION, WE EACH WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL AND AGREE THAT SUCH CLAIM SHALL BE BROUGHT ONLY IN A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION IN AUSTIN, TEXAS. YOU HEREBY SUBMIT TO THE PERSONAL JURISDICTION AND VENUE OF SUCH COURTS AND WAIVE ANY OBJECTION ON THE GROUNDS OF VENUE, FORUM NON-CONVENIENS OR ANY SIMILAR GROUNDS WITH RESPECT TO ANY SUCH CLAIM.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, you and Storable may seek injunctive relief and any other equitable remedies from any court of competent jurisdiction to protect its intellectual property rights, whether in aid of, pending, or independently of the resolution of any dispute pursuant to the arbitration procedures set forth in this Section 14.
- If Storable implements any material change to this Section 14, such change shall not apply to any Claim for which you provided written notice to Storable before the implementation of the change.
15. LEGAL COMPLIANCE
You represent and warrant that you will comply with all applicable foreign, federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations, including without limitation, U.S. export laws and import and use laws of the country where Licensed Material is delivered or used and you are not: (a) located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (b) listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties, including the Specially Designated Nationals List.
16. U.S. GOVERNMENT ENTITIES
This section applies to access to or use of the Services by a branch or agency of the United States Government. The Services includes “commercial computer software” and “commercial computer software documentation” as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212 and qualifies as “commercial items” as defined in 48 C.F.R. 2.101. Such items are provided to the United States Government: (a) for acquisition by or on behalf of civilian agencies, consistent with the policy set forth in 48 C.F.R. 12.212; or (b) for acquisition by or on behalf of units of the Department of Defense, consistent with the policies set forth in 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 and 227.7202-3. The United States Government shall acquire only those rights set forth in this TOU with respect to the such items, and any access to or use of the Services by the United States Government constitutes: (i) agreement by the United States Government that that such items are “commercial computer software” and “commercial computer software documentation” as defined in this section; and (ii) acceptance of the rights and obligations herein.
17. CALIFORNIA USERS & RESIDENTS
In accordance with California Civil Code §1789.3, you may report complaints to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by contacting such unit in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112, Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210.
18. GENERAL PROVISIONS