With Storage.com, you can easily find self storage in Miami, FL that fits your additional space needs for personal or business use. Not only can you find Miami storage facility locations, but you can also compare pricing, unit sizes, availability, and storage features. You can even reserve a unit directly from Storage.com! Why waste a day driving around to check out different facilities when you can find everything in one convenient place online?
REASONS FOR USING SELF STORAGE IN MIAMI
Tropical weather and great beaches make Miami a fantastic place to live, whether you're just starting a career or winding down toward retirement. It's also an attractive city for those who want to attend a college like the University of Miami, or further their careers in the fast-paced business environment of the metro area. Because of its popularity, Miami has been steadily growing over the years in all demographics.
As more and more people move to Miami, the cost of living continues to increase. Because of this, you may have to downsize to stay on budget and avoid moving to a larger and more expensive apartment, condo, or house. Fortunately, there's another option. By renting a Miami storage unit with Storage.com, you can gain valuable storage space and maintain an orderly home for less money than renting a larger dwelling. Whether you are moving into the area or you are looking to keep your current living costs down, you can use self storage in Miami to achieve your goals.
When You're Relocating to Miami
Miami is one of the highest ranked cities in the world in terms of economy, which makes it a great place to launch a career or advance your current one. Several large companies are headquartered in Miami including Bacardi USA, Burger King, Carnival Cruise Lines, Perry Ellis International, and more. Whether you're moving to Miami for a job opportunity, or you're drawn by the beaches, weather, and culture, self storage can help you make the transition. When making the move, you can place all of you belongings in a Miami storage unit while you search for your new home or apartment.
Self storage features to consider when relocating:
- Drive-Up Access: Since you'll be storing some large items like furniture and appliances while looking for your new home, you'll want to have a storage unit with drive-up access. Then you can pull your moving truck right up to your unit's entrance to easily load in and load out heavy items.
- Short-Term Rental Agreement: Hopefully you won't be searching for a new home for too long, so it would be helpful to find a storage facility that offers short-term rental agreements with flexibility.
- Additional Security: All of your valuables will be in your storage unit, so it'll be very important that everything is well-protected. Some facilities offer advanced security features like unit alarms, video surveillance, or on-site management, so you can rest easy knowing your things are safe.
- Climate Control: Miami is notoriously hot and humid, conditions that can be damaging to sensitive items like electronics, wood furniture, musical instruments, antiques, photos, and more. If you are moving during the summer, look for a climate-controlled storage unit in Miami to make sure your valuables are protected.
When You're Between Homes
People move for a lot of reasons, whether it's to upgrade to a newer home, or to move to their favorite part of town. There are several great neighborhoods in Miami, like Little Havana and Coral Way, which have historical and cultural charm. Those who prefer an ocean view may move to South Beach, and those who love the nightlife are flocking to Brickell, Downtown, or Midtown. Wherever you're moving, you may have to deal with small gaps between leasing agreements or closing dates on properties. Fortunately, you can use Miami self storage to store your belongings while you stay in a hotel or with friends or family for a short period of time.
Self storage features to consider when between homes:
- Short-Term Rental Agreement: Hopefully won't be in transition for long. When moving, you'll want to find a storage facility that offers flexible, short-term rental agreements so you only have to pay for storage as long as you'll need it.
- Additional Security: You'll have almost all of your belongings in your storage unit, which means that you'll want to know that it's secure. Some storage facilities offer advanced security features like unit alarms, video surveillance, or on-site management.
- Drive-Up Access: Drive-up access will make you moving process go a lot smoother when storing large items like appliances and furniture. This feature allows you to pull a truck right up to your unit's entrance for easier loading and unloading.
When You Need Storage Space for Recreational Gear
With so much to do around Miami, especially out on the open water of the Atlantic, you may have a lot of recreational gear. For those who enjoy boating, wakeboarding, or golfing, you may need some additional space to store the gear for your outdoor hobbies. Miami mini storage is a perfect solution for someone who needs additional storage to feed their adventurous side.
Self storage features to consider when storing recreational gear:
- Access Hours: Some people like to get outside bright and early, and don't return home until the sun has gone down. If you want to have the flexibility to access your recreational gear whenever you want, make sure to look for a Miami storage facility with extended evening and weekend hours, or 24-hour access.
- Additional Security: Recreational gear like golf clubs, surfboards, and wakeboards are usually a pricey investment. In order to protect your equipment, rent a storage unit that comes with advanced security features like unit alarms, video surveillance, or on-site management.
When You're Living in Downtown Miami
Downtown Miami and the nearby areas of Brickell and Midtown are among the fastest growing areas in the city. With so much to do within walking distance, living downtown is a dream come true for many Miami residents. You can be close to the American Airlines Arena, dance clubs, bars, the Jewelry District, and even your job.
Unfortunately, living downtown often means sacrificing space. That's why many downtown residents turn to Miami self storage in order to expand their living spaces without moving to a larger and more expensive apartment. Self storage helps them keep their apartments organized without sacrificing infrequently used possessions or sentimental items like holiday decorations, scrapbooks, personal files, seasonal clothing, or family mementos and antiques.
Self storage features to consider when living in downtown Miami:
- Downtown Storage Facility Location: You chose to live in downtown Miami to be closer to everything, so wouldn't you want your storage unit to be close as well?
- Additional Security: Downtown attracts a lot of crowds, so you'll want to find a storage unit with advanced security features like video surveillance, unit alarms, or on-site management.
- Access Hours: If you want the flexibility to access your storage unit whenever you want, you can find a storage facility that offers 24-hour access or extended evening and weekend hours.
When You're Attending College in Miami
College students account for more than 200,000 people living in the Miami area. Many of them live in dorm rooms and residence halls while attending school at the University of Miami, Florida International University, Barry University, or other local colleges. But when school's out for the summer, college students have to head back home, which, for some, might mean flying or driving across the country.
Where does dorm furniture go when students are on break? Many students choose to rent a Miami storage locker while they're away from school as a place to keep larger items like futons, mini fridges, and mattress sets. This saves them the hassle of having to pack and unpack all of their larger belongings at the beginning and end of summer breaks.
Self storage tips for college students in Miami:
- Share the storage unit with a classmate in order to split the costs for the summer.
- Since you'll only need the storage unit for a few months, find a facility that offers short-term lease agreements.
- It's hot and humid in Miami during the summer months. If you plan on storing sensitive items over your summer break, you'll want to have a climate-controlled storage unit.
When You Own a Small Business
Businesses often use Miami storage facilities to keep inventory, equipment, and supplies without using valuable office space. Some will even use a storage unit as their headquarters, as it's often cheaper to rent a Miami storage unit than retail or office space. For newer businesses that are growing rapidly, it can sometimes be difficult to keep up with expanding operations. A storage unit can give your business flexibility as it grows, while also saving money.
Self storage features to consider when running a small business:
- If you're just storing a few office supplies and spare office furniture, you could use a 5x5, 5x10, or 10x10. If you are planning on storing large amounts of inventory or equipment, storage units up to 10x30 are available.
- Look for storage facilities that offer document storage if your office needs a place to store important paperwork.
- Some storage facilities offer designated conference rooms, Wi-Fi, and electricity inside units so you can conduct business—like tracking inventory or meeting with colleagues—while at your storage unit.
PROTECTING YOUR VALUABLES WITH SECURITY AND CLIMATE CONTROL
Since you're making the investment to find additional space for your belongings, you're going to want those belongings to be well-protected. When storing valuables, there are two features that can help ensure they stay in good shape: additional security and climate-controlled storage.
Self Storage Security Features
When it comes to storing valuable belongings—such as business inventory, cars, motorcycles, boats, professional equipment, or prized collections—you should feel at ease and know that your items will be protected from any threat of break-ins or theft.
If the security of your storage items is a major concern, look for Miami storage facilities offering video surveillance, on-site management, gated access, or unit alarms. All of these security features can help protect your possessions from costly damage or theft.
Climate-Controlled Storage in Miami
Miami weather is a dangerous mixture of heat and humidity. Dangerous for your belongings, that is. While it is often the tropical climate that attracts new residents, it can be very harsh on sensitive items like wood furniture, antiques, electronics, books, photos, and more.
If you plan on storing things for long periods of time or over the summer months, it is highly suggested that you find a climate-controlled storage unit in Miami. Not only does climate control keep your storage unit between 55-85°F, but it can also decrease humidity, preventing rust, mold, and mildew.
RENT YOUR MIAMI STORAGE UNIT TODAY
Thanks for using Storage.com to find Miami mini storage! If you've found a unit you like, you can reserve it directly on our website or by calling in to speak with a storage representative. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us!