Not enough space in your Lakewood, CO home? Find your solution right here at Storage.com, where you can compare your storage options by price, size, and location, all at once.
COMMON REASONS FOR USING SELF STORAGE IN LAKEWOOD
Maybe you’re relocating to Lakewood after landing a new job, moving to a new home, or simply looking for a change in scenery. No matter the reason that’s fueling your need for some extra space, you can find a storage unit in Lakewood that is suitable.
Relocating to Lakewood
A short drive west of Denver, Lakewood is a thriving suburb with unique professional opportunities, and an endless list of recreational adventure. The city’s headquarters include Einstein Bros Bagels, 1st Bank, and The Integer Group, which draw in a variety of professionals from all over the country. Other top employers of Lakewood include the St. Anthony Hospital, HomeAdvisor, and Terumo BCT.
While starting fresh in Lakewood is an exciting journey, the actual packing up and moving part can put a little bit of a damper on the process. Eliminate the stress that tends to tag along with relocating by renting out a Lakewood storage unit to help with the transition of your belongings to a brand new place.
Amenities to consider when relocating
- Climate Control- Lakewood is a city of all seasons, while milder than some other places, you’ll still want to consider climate control when storing your items to ensure that their quality remains top notch.
- Drive Up- You can take the worst parts of moving out of the process by renting a storage unit with drive-up access. With this feature, you can pull right up to your unit’s door to cut back on heavy lifting and unloading time.
- Short-Term Rental Agreement- Since you won’t be in the in-between phase forever, check out the facilities that offer short-term leases, like month-to-month or even weekly. With this option, the process of storing and retrieving your items is as flexible as you need it to be.
Living Downtown Lakewood
Otherwise known as Belmar to the locals, there’s something for everyone in downtown Lakewood. Explore the countless shops and restaurants that bring the streets to life with their unique art and culture. Catch a movie at the outdoor amphitheater, or check out more than 30,000 artifacts on display at the Lakewood Heritage Center. With the perfect blend of retail and residential buildings, you’ll find this charming downtown to be peaceful and riveting all at once.
While life in a setup downtown offers the utmost excitement and convenience, chances are that you’re sacrificing a bit of space for the great location. However, this doesn't mean you have to get rid of certain items for that reason alone, because there are many storage facilities near you for a quick fix.
Features to Consider When Living Downtown
- Unit Size- A storage unit is like having a spare room, and there are a wide range of sizes available. Make sure to measure any of the items you wish to store beforehand to get an estimate of which size will work best for you.
- Climate Control- Seasonal items are usually the ones that tend to take up the most space in your home. Since you’ll likely be storing away winter gear during the hot summer and vice versa, climate control is an important feature to look out for so that your items aren't affected by extreme temperatures.
Storing Recreational Equipment
The great outdoors don’t get much better than your options in Lakewood. Make your way out to Bear Creek Lake Park for some fishing and an afternoon picnic, or hike up to Hayden Park on Green Mountain for some unforgettable mountainous views. Whether you’re into biking, whitewater rafting, or simply soaking up the sights, your options for adventure in Lakewood are never-ending—just like your stash of equipment that follows. Instead of filling your garage or extra closets to the brim with your gear, organize it in a storage unit near your home or most visited outdoor spot.
Amenities for Storing Recreational Equipment
- Drive Up Access- Bulky equipment is hard to carry and no fun to stack in the closet or garage, so store it away safety in a unit with drive up access until you actually need to use it.
- 24 Hour- Keep an eye out for facilities that offer 24 hour access to your unit, so you can get your equipment for each whim at any time.
- Security Features- Sports and recreational equipment isn't cheap, so keep it safe and locked away in a storage unit it during the downtime. Many facilities offer features like individual unit alarms, keypad entry, and surveillance cameras to keep your stuff protected until you’re ready to use it all again.
RESERVE YOUR LAKEWOOD SELF STORAGE UNIT TODAY!
Storage.com’s search features allow you to look up nearby self storage facilities, compare and contrast their features and price ranges, and make an online reservation. If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the facility of your choice or call in and speak to one of our storage representatives. Thank you for using Storage.com!