10:53:22 AMSearching for a storage facility in Fort Myers, FL? You've come to the right place! Storage.com is here to help you find and compare Fort Myers storage units near you. Our directory allows you to search by facility location, unit size, amenities, pricing, and more! Plus, once you find a storage space that fits your needs, you can rent your new unit without ever leaving the site!
COMMON REASONS FOR USING SELF STORAGE IN FORT MYERS
Whether you're relocating to Fort Myers, attending a nearby university, or need a place to keep a vehicle, Storage.com can help you find the Fort Myers self storage option that will meet your needs.
Moving to Fort Myers
With warm weather year-round and its proximity to Barefoot Beach State Preserve, the Gulf of Mexico, the Caloosahatchee River, and neighboring city of Cape Coral, Fort Myers (often called "The City of Palms") is a great place to live. That's why thousands of people move there each year, whether it's just for the winter or for a permanent change. But while moving to Fort Myers could mean a change of scenery and new opportunities, the process of moving itself is always stressful. Fortunately, Fort Myers self storage can be there to help your moving experience all the easier, giving you a place to store your belongings while you transition to your new home.
Features to consider when relocating:
- Drive-Up Access: Find a storage facility with drive-up access so you can pull your car, truck, or trailer directly up to your unit, saving you time and energy while loading and unloading your belongings.
- Storage Security: Since you could be putting the majority of your things in storage for a few weeks or months while you get settled, look for a facility with advanced security, such as gated access, video surveillance, and on-site management, so there's something protecting your things from vandalism or theft.
- Short-Term Rental Agreements: Be sure to find a storage facility that offers short-term rental agreements to avoid paying for storage longer than you'll actually use your unit.
Downtown Fort Myers is a hot spot for people who love to live, work, and play in urban settings. History buffs can enjoy attractions, such as the Edison & Ford Winter Estates and Southwest Florida Museum of History. Sports fans can check out the Fort Myers Skatium & Recreation Center or nearby City of Palms Park, the former spring training home of the Boston Red Sox. And shoppers can partake in shops like the Enjewel Boutique, Linen Cottage, or Ma Peggy's Emporium. No matter, there's always something happening in Downtown Fort Myers.
With so much to do nearby, it's no wonder why people want to live in the Fort Myers River District. But because the area is so popular, rent comes at a higher price, and living space is sacrificed. This is where a storage unit in Fort Myers can come in handy, as it can give you additional space for a more affordable cost.
Features to consider when living downtown:
- Unit Size: Be sure to find a storage unit that's big enough for your needs, but small enough that you're not paying for space you don't use. For instance, most apartment renters could do with a spare closet, which is comparable to a 5x5 or 5x10 storage unit.
- Climate Control: Fort Myers has hot and humid summers, as well as a significant rainy season. Humidity in particular can cause irreparable damage by warping wood, promoting mold and mildew growth on paper and fabrics, and shorting out electrical equipment. By renting a climate-controlled storage unit in Fort Myers, you can protect your belongings with a moderate environment.
- Facility Location: If you plan on spending most of your time downtown and need frequent access to your belongings in storage, a storage facility that's nearby will be more convenient than one across town.
Attending College in Fort Myers
The City of Palms is home to a number of colleges and universities, such as Florida Gulf Coast University and Florida SouthWestern State College, both of which offer on-campus housing. Living on campus is a great experience for college students, as it keeps them close to the action.
For out-of-state students, dorm life is necessary, but it also means stressful trips home, as all of their dorm belongings have to be packed up, driven across the country, and then returned for the following semester. Rather than deal with an overloaded vehicle or an expensive moving truck, college students can use Fort Myers mini storage to keep all of their belongings near campus over summer break.
Features to consider for college storage:
- Unit Size: Whether you're looking to store your recreational gear near campus or skip packing up the futon, coffee table, and mini fridge, a 5x5 or 5x10 will usually do the trick.
- Short-Term Rental Agreements: Most storage facilities offer month-to-month rental agreements, which is ideal for students looking to use self storage over the summer months.
- Climate Control: Climate control ensures sensitive belongings like photos, clothing, and electronics don't get damaged by the hot, humid weather outside.
Boat Storage in Fort Myers
One of the best parts about living in Fort Myers is the access to the water. Located right on the Caloosahatchee River and a short drive away from San Carlos Bay and the Gulf of Mexico, boating is a common pastime. However, finding space for this vehicle may not always be easy. Boats small enough to fit in a garage at home can take up valuable parking space while those too large are left out in the driveway, where they're vulnerable to damage. Fortunately, Fort Myers boat storage gives the solution to this predicament, providing boaters a secure place to store their watercraft when it's not out on the water.
Features to consider for boat storage:
- Storage Type: There are different levels of protection with boat storage. Most facilities offer outdoor storage, which is essentially just a large parking spot. Some storage facilities, however, may offer covered or indoor boat storage. These space do come at a higher cost but offer worthwhile protection for your boat.
- 24-Hour Access: Many boaters enjoy getting an early start, so why wait for a facility to open? Find a Fort Myers storage facility with round-the-clock access so you can pick up and drop off your boat on your schedule.
- Wide-Drive Aisles: A facility with wide-drive aisles is key for storing larger boats and their trailers. This feature provides additional space between storage buildings and spots to help you avoid any accidental bumps or scrapes against other storage units or boats.
RENT FORT MYERS MINI STORAGE TODAY
Thanks for using Storage.com to find your a Fort Myers self storage facility! If you've found the perfect storage unit for your needs, you can rent it directly online or call in to speak with one of our storage representatives!