Welcome to the storage directory for San Bernardino, CA! On Storage.com, you can find, compare, and reserve San Bernardino self storage units in one convenient place. Learn about locations, unit sizes, prices, and amenities at San Bernardino storage facilities and determine the perfect solution for your storage needs. Once you find the best unit for you, it's easy to reserve it through Storage.com.
COMMON REASONS FOR RENTING SELF STORAGE IN SAN BERNARDINO
San Bernardino, a historic community in Southern California, is home to approximately 200,000 people. The seat of San Bernardino County, this city is an important transportation hub for many businesses and is home to several college campuses. Whether people are moving to San Bernardino to attend school, relocating to the area for a job, moving to a new neighborhood, or just looking to create more space at home, self storage can help San Bernardino residents manage their belongings and get better settled in the city.
Relocating to San Bernardino
San Bernardino has recently experienced an upswing in its local economy, thanks to an influx of companies using the logistic transportation resources in the area. The nearby Cajon Pass through the San Bernardino Mountains fostered the formation of many transportation hubs, including San Bernardino International Airport, the Alliance California Logistics campus, the Burlington Northern and Santa Fe rail hub, and many freeways. Kohl's, Mattel, Pep Boys, and Amazon.com all operate large fulfillment centers in San Bernardino to take advantage of these transportation routes as well, which means the area is drawing people looking for new career opportunities.
Also, because the cost of living in San Bernardino is much lower than the California average, many people move there from other areas of the state. Nearly 42,000 people moved to San Bernardino County from Los Angeles County between 2007 and 2011, according to the U.S. Census Bureau, the largest migration seen in the U.S. during that time period.
Relocating can create a lot of challenges for individuals, from lining up moving dates and closing dates to finding the right home before a work start date. Often, people rent mini storage in San Bernardino to make the move easier. By storing belongings in a San Bernardino storage locker, new residents can take the time they need to complete their relocation plans.
Self storage features that are helpful when relocating:
- Short-Term Rental Agreement: Look for a San Bernardino storage facility that will give you a flexible, month-to-month lease so you don't rent space for longer than you'll need it.
- Drive-Up Access: A unit with drive-up access will make it much easier to move large appliances and bulky furniture.
- Security Features: You may want a storage unit that provides advanced security features like gated access, alarmed units, or video surveillance since you could be storing everything you own.
Moving to a New Home in San Bernardino
Some city residents find San Bernardino self storage helpful when moving from one home to another. Upgrading to a new home, moving closer to work, or investing in a new neighborhood or school district are all reasons people consider making a move.
Neighborhoods like Del Rosa and the University District are appealing for many residents looking to move into a more luxurious home. The Hospitality Lane area and downtown district also draw new residents who want to enjoy the city's urban attractions, like the National Orange Show Events Center and the California Theatre, both of which are found in these revitalized neighborhoods.
Coordinating a move can be difficult when lining up moving dates and closing on a home, but self storage can help. Many people rent a storage unit in San Bernardino for just a short period of time to make their move easier. Similar to a relocation, people renting self storage during a move will want to look for a short-term rental agreement, a storage unit with drive-up access, and a storage facility with additional security features to make their move as easy and secure as possible.
Attending College in San Bernardino
Ten institutions of higher learning are located in San Bernardino, the largest of which is the California State University-San Bernardino campus. With more than 17,000 students, CSUSB was named a 2014 Best College in the Western Region by The Princeton Review for the tenth year in a row, ranking CSUSB among the top 25 percent of universities across the nation.
Recognized for its business school and many other programs, CSUSB attracts students from all over the state of California and other areas of the country. Other colleges, like the American Sports University and The Art Institute of California-Inland Empire, draw students to San Bernardino for specialized programs.
For students who have moved to the area to attend school, using a San Bernardino storage unit during semester breaks can be easier than moving belongings home and bringing them back a few weeks or months later.
Tips for college students renting mini storage in San Bernardino:
- Some storage facilities offer a free moving truck with rental, making the move easier and more affordable.
- Most students only need a small unit, such as a 5x5 or 5x10, to store items from a dorm room. If you're looking for more space but still want to save money, share a storage unit with a friend or roommate. Our interactive size guide at Storage.com can help you determine how much space you actually need.
Storing Seasonal Items and Recreational Gear
Nestled at the foot of the San Bernardino Mountains, this community has access to a wealth of scenic parks and lakes, providing ample opportunities for outdoor recreation. Lake Gregory, Lake Arrowhead, and Silverwood Lake are just a few of the regional attractions for boating and water sports, as well as hiking, camping, and mountain biking. The proximity to the mountains also means San Bernardino experiences more of a winter than most of Southern California, allowing residents to enjoy winter activities like skiing and snowshoeing in the higher altitudes.
The change of seasons can create a need to store seasonal items or recreational equipment when they're not in use. Winter boat storage is very popular in San Bernardino, in addition to storing smaller gear like jet skis, golf clubs, camping supplies, or bicycles. Other seasonal items like clothing and holiday decorations are often kept in San Bernardino mini storage units to reduce clutter at home and free up valuable space, especially for apartment dwellers or downtown residents who may have less square footage to devote to storage.
Features to look for when storing recreational equipment:
- Location: Look for self storage locations that are near your home so it's easy to access your belongings.
- Extended Hours: Find a storage facility with extended hours to make it more convenient to access your belongings in the evening or on the weekend.
- Indoor/Outdoor/Covered: You'll need to decide if you want indoor, outdoor, or covered storage for large equipment or vehicles like boats, RVs, and ATVs.
- Drive-up Access: Storage units with drive-up access make it easier to load and unload large, heavy equipment.
Using San Bernardino Business Storage
With the rebounding local economy because of job creation and people moving to the area, San Bernardino is an attractive place for operating a small business. Many small business owners use self storage in San Bernardino as an economical business solution. Rather than renting a larger office space, many small businesses supplement their current space by renting a San Bernardino storage unit to store equipment, office supplies, or inventory.
Self storage features for small businesses:
- Security: When storing valuable business investments like inventory, furniture, and electronics, you may want to choose a facility with additional security features like video surveillance, alarmed units, or on-site management.
- Climate Control: Temperatures in San Bernardino average 96°F in July and August. Sensitive items like electronics and documents can be damaged by extreme temperatures or humidity. Climate-controlled storage units will keep temperatures between 55-85°F and humidity low to keep your items protected.
- Business Center: Some storage facilities provide amenities for business owners, such as meeting rooms, Wi-Fi, and electrical outlets inside storage units to help you conduct business while at the facility.
RENT SAN BERNARDINO SELF STORAGE TODAY!
Thank you for visiting Storage.com! If you have found a storage unit that meets your needs, you reserve it today using our online system, or you can call in to speak to a storage representative.