Looking for self storage in Fontana, CA? Welcome to Storage.com, where you can compare storage units near you by location, pricing, amenities, and more. You can even reserve a unit directly through our website!
COMMON REASONS FOR USING SELF STORAGE IN FONTANA
Whether you're moving to Fontana, need more space at home, or want to store recreational equipment or vehicles, a Fontana storage unit can help.
Relocating to Fontana
With a beautiful climate, scenery, and healthy local economy, Fontana offers a lot of opportunities for residents. Home to a large trucking-based industry, several truck dealerships, and the Auto Club Speedway, Fontana also hosts a wealth of product distribution centers for companies like the Home Shopping Network, Target, Mercedes-Benz, and Toyota. With employers in the city such as Kaiser Permanente, the City of Fontana, Target, and Manheim Auctions, growing communities like Hunter's Ridge and Coyote Canyon, and a variety of local landmarks and cultural scenes to explore, Fontana offers something different for everyone.
Relocating is always an exciting experience, but transitioning to a new home and starting a new job can be stressful, to say the least. Rent a storage unit in Fontana to help ease the strain of moving. Then, if you're still looking for a permanent home after you've already started your new job, you can keep everything in storage until you can get settled.
Storage features to consider when relocating:
- Drive-Up Access: Work smarter, not harder by renting Fontana mini storage with drive-up access. You can easily load and unload heavy or bulky items by driving your car or moving truck right up to your unit.
- Short-Term Rental Agreement: Look for a storage facility that offers weekly or monthly rental agreements. This way, you're not stuck in a lease and paying for storage longer than you need it.
- Climate Control: If you're storing during the summer months, you should consider climate-controlled storage in Fontana. Climate control will keep your unit between 55-85°F with low humidity, ensuring sensitive belongings like wooden furniture, electronics, photos, and more aren't damaged by heat and humidity.
Living in Downtown Fontana
Downtown Fontana is a hot place to live, and we're not just talking about all that summer sunshine and heat. In addition to the gorgeous climate, this part of the city has a lot to offer residents whether you're a fan of the arts, culture, city heritage, or sports. With the Lewis Library & Technology Center, Steelworkers' Auditorium, Art Depot, and Auto Club Speedway, you'll never be bored living downtown.
However, Downtown Fontana's prime location comes at a higher cost, which means residents often have to choose between smaller living spaces or moving away from the city center to find a space that fits their budget and belongings. This is where Fontana self storage is a valuable asset to help downtown dwellers fit comfortably into their smaller spaces.
Storage features to consider when living downtown:
- Facility Location: You probably chose to live downtown to be close to everything, so your Fontana storage facility should be close, too. Easy access and proximity are key when using storage to expand your living space, so look for a storage facility that's within walking distance from your apartment or condo.
- Storage Security: If you're storing valuables in a downtown storage unit, you'll want to make sure they're safe. Most storage facilities offer basic security like gated access and unit locks, but if you'd like more protection, look for a storage facility that offers alarmed units, on-site management, or video surveillance.
- Unit Size: If you're storing small furniture, a few boxes, and recreational gear, a 5x5 or 5x10 unit is a good place to start. However, if you plan to store multiple rooms' worth of items, you may need a 10x10 or larger.
Storing Recreational Equipment
The climate and surrounding landscape in Fontana is just begging you to go out and explore. Whether you're hiking through the San Bernardino Mountains, playing 18 holes at Sierra Lakes Golf Course, or climbing Cucamonga Peak in your spare time, there are plenty of opportunities for you to enjoy outdoor life in the city.
When you're not out having fun, all of your recreational equipment can take up a lot of space at home. From golf clubs to bicycles to climbing gear, these items are essential for outdoor hobbies but need a good storage solution when they're not in use. Using Fontana mini storage, you can safely store your equipment when you're not using it so everything is ready for your next adventure—and you're not tripping over it at home.
Storage amenities to consider when storing recreational equipment:
- Unit Size: A 5x5 unit is great for storing golf clubs or hiking gear whereas you'll want a 5x10 or 5x15 unit for bicycle or kayak storage.
- 24-Hour Access: A facility with 24-hour access is key for spontaneous adventures. When your urge to explore hits or if you're out later than planned, a Fontana storage facility with 24-hour access puts you in control so you can access your storage unit whenever it's convenient for your schedule.
- Facility Location: Choose a storage facility that's close to home or near your outdoor adventure. You'll want your equipment nearby if you regularly hit the trails or golf courses instead of having to drive across town.
Auto, Boat, and RV Storage
Fontana is a great city to have a little or a lot of fun in the sun. Nestled between the San Gabriel and Jurupa mountain ranges and a short distance away from the Auto Club Speedway, there's no shortage of places for you to use your vehicles. Whether you're off-roading through the Mojave Desert, cruising through Cajon Pass, or camping in one of the 12 San Bernardino regional parks, there are plenty of venues suited for your vehicle of choice.
When you're not using your vehicles, however, it could be a challenge to find room for them at home. Fontana vehicle storage makes it easy for you to store all of your fun toys so they're safe, out of the way, and ready when you need them.
Storage options for vehicles include:
- Outdoor storage is the most affordable option and offers no protection from the elements.
- Covered storage is slightly more expensive and provides some shelter from the elements.
- Indoor storage is the most expensive option and provides complete protection from the elements.
Additional vehicle storage features to consider:
- Facility Security: Most storage facilities offer standard security features, such as gated access and unit locks. If you'd like a little extra security for your vehicle, though, consider a Fontana vehicle storage facility with more advanced options like on-site management and video surveillance.
- Climate Control: If you're storing sensitive vehicles in your storage unit like a classic car or vintage motorcycle, you'll definitely want to consider a climate-controlled storage unit. Fontana's summers are extremely hot with temperatures well over 100°F. Climate control will keep your unit resting comfortably between 55-85°F with low humidity, ensuring your vehicle doesn't rust or have mechanical damages.
- Wide-Drive Aisles: If you're looking for boat and RV storage in Fontana, find a facility with wide-drive aisles. This makes it easier for you to maneuver these large vehicles in and around the facility.
RENT YOUR FONTANA STORAGE UNIT TODAY
Thanks for stopping by Storage.com to explore your self storage options! If you've found the self storage unit you need, you can make your reservation right here on our site, or you can call in to speak with one of our storage representatives.