Welcome to Storage.com! Through our site, you can search for self storage units in Irvine, CA, and compare them by size, price, amenities, and more. When you've found your perfect storage facility, you can also rent the unit quickly and easily through Storage.com. It's that simple!
COMMON REASONS FOR USING SELF STORAGE IN IRVINE
Whether you need short-term storage while you're moving to a new apartment or house in Irvine, or you need long-term storage because you'll be overseas for a year, mini storage in Irvine can help.
Relocating to Irvine for Employment
Ranked as one of the best places to live in the country, Irvine has a lot to offer anyone looking to relocate. Besides the beautiful Southern California climate, extremely low crime rates, and proximity to Orange County hot spots like Laguna Beach, Knott's Berry Farm, and Disneyland, Irvine has employment opportunities that tend to draw people to Irvine from outside of California, as well as from other California cities.
Tech companies of all kinds are prolific in Orange County, including software companies like Blizzard Entertainment and Sage North America to manufacturers like Vizio, Kingston, and Toshiba. Even Western Digital Corporation and Broadcom are located in Irvine. The health care industry is also a big part of Irvine's economy. Allergan and Edwards Lifesciences both push research and development and are ranked among Irvine's top ten employers.
While lining up a job before moving to Irvine might be easy, moving to a new home from across the state or outside of the state is a stressful and hectic process for a lot of people, even when it's to a great place under great circumstances. Fortunately, Irvine self storage makes moving simpler. When looking for a housing situation that fits your new lifestyle, self storage can ease the transition, particularly if you aren't able to get settled before you start work. In fact, with an Irvine storage unit, you can keep all of your things safe in one place.
Storage features to consider when moving:
- Short-Term Rental Agreement: While searching for a home, don't sign a long-term contract on storage space you won't need a few weeks or months out. Find an Irvine storage facility that offers month-to-month (or weekly) rental agreements.
- Drive-Up Access: Ease the burden of moving heavy items by driving your moving truck or other vehicle right up to your unit. Drive-up access is a must for moving bulky or heavy items.
- Climate Control: Protect your wooden furniture and electronics from any damage with a climate-controlled unit. This feature keeps your storage unit between 55-85°F and controls humidity.
Storage for College Students
University of California-Irvine is rated one of the top schools in the nation and enrolls nearly 29,600 students each year, including thousands of out-of-state students. There's also Concordia University Irvine, a private Christian university that enrolls around 4,000 students each year, and the two-year Irvine Valley College, which is known for being a nontraditional commuter school. Whether students live on campus at their schools or share an apartment across town with a roommate and commute to school, student living isn't always the most accommodating.
College students in Irvine who need more space in their dorm rooms or apartments often turn to Irvine storage units to get more livable space. Another reason college students use storage units is for storing belongings over breaks from school so they don't have to drive everything home with them—this is especially helpful for out-of-state students who would otherwise have to rent an expensive moving truck to go back and forth.
Storage features to consider for college storage in Irvine:
- Climate Control: Certain items like furniture, paper documents, and electronics can be damaged by extreme temperatures and humidity. A unit with climate control will keep your belongings safe.
- Unit Size: Most students probably won't need a huge storage unit. A 5x5 or 5x10 can usually fit small furniture and a few boxes, which is all you really need for dorm items. Also, you can share a unit with a roommate or friend to get a bigger storage unit for a more affordable cost.
- Short-Term Rental Agreement: If you're storing items over a vacation, you won't need the unit for a long time. Month-to-month agreements are often the best option for student storage needs.
Storage for Recreational Equipment
Like many places in California, Irvine's weather allows you to spend a lot of time outside. Hiking and bicycling are popular among residents, especially because Irvine has more than 280 miles of bicycle lanes. Orange County surf spots like Huntington Beach are among the best in California, too, so surfing is also big in the area. Of course, there's also golfing at award-winning courses like Oak Creek Golf Club in Irvine as well.
If you enjoy outdoor recreation and have a bunch of sporting equipment you no longer want taking up space in your home or garage, you can always move recreational gear to an Irvine storage unit. A 5x5 or 5x10 will work for bikes, golf clubs, and other gear that's small. As for surfboards, kayaks, and larger equipment, you may want to look at 10x10 or 10x15 storage units.
Amenities for storing recreational equipment:
- Extended Hours: When you want to hit the trails or the beach, you don't want to be limited by the time of day. Look for an Irvine storage facility that allows you to head out whenever the time is right for you.
- Facility Location: You'll save precious recreation time if you can get a unit close to the area where you'll be using your gear most often. Don't be limited by long trips out of your way to pick up your stuff.
WHY STORAGE SECURITY IS A GOOD INVESTMENT
Whether you're storing boxes of family photos, a set of golf clubs, furniture, or a boat, your items are valuable. That's why finding a self storage facility in Irvine that has good security features is important.
Basic security features at most storage facilities include gated access and perimeter fencing, both of which keep anyone who isn't a storage tenant off the facility's property. If, however, you would like more security than these features, advanced amenities like alarmed units, video surveillance, and on-site management should give you peace of mind.
- Alarmed Units: Storage units equipped with alarms will sound whenever someone tries to get into your unit. In most cases, these alarms will be monitored by the facility's management so immediate action can be taken should anything happen.
- Video Surveillance: Facilities with video surveillance allow the staff to keep an eye on the facility grounds and the storage units. A few cameras alone should prevents thieves from trying to get to your stuff.
- On-Site Management: Having a manager who remains on the storage facility's grounds during business hours (or sometimes even 24/7) will definitely break-ins, as there's always someone around.
RENT YOUR IRVINE STORAGE UNIT TODAY
Thanks for using Storage.com to find mini storage in Irvine! If you've found a storage unit that's right for you, reserve it through our site! If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to call in and speak with one of our storage representatives.