Looking for self storage in Costa Mesa, CA? Storage.com is here to help! Our directory allows you to compare storage near you by location, unit size, pricing, available amenities, and more. You can even reserve a Costa Mesa storage unit directly on our website! Whatever your storage needs are, Storage.com will find you the best option.
COMMON REASONS FOR USING SELF STORAGE IN COSTA MESA
Are you moving to Costa Mesa? Do you already live in the city but need more space at home? Are you attending college nearby? Do you want somewhere to keep recreational equipment or additional vehicles? In all of these situations, Costa Mesa mini storage can be useful. With a storage unit, you can ease your transition while moving, get more space at home, store dorm furniture and belongings over breaks, and protect outdoor gear and vehicles.
Relocating to Costa Mesa
Part of the Los Angeles metropolitan area, Costa Mesa is a beautiful place for anyone looking to move to the West Coast. With a population just over 110,000 and proximity to Newport Beach and Huntington Beach, Costa Mesa is perfect for young professionals and families looking to be near the water and the big city. Also, Costa Mesa has a mild climate year-round and a thriving economy driven by top employers like Experian and Orange Coast College.
Relocating to a new city is always an exciting experience, but getting settled can be stressful. If you move to the area before you've found a permanent home, a Costa Mesa storage unit can help your transition go smoother with a safe place to store furniture, appliances, and other belongings.
Storage features to consider when relocating:
- Drive-Up Access: When unloading and loading heavy furniture and appliances into a storage unit, having drive-up access is convenient, as it allows you to pull your car or moving truck right up to your unit.
- Short-Term Rental Agreement: Search for storage facilities with weekly or monthly leases so you can store your belongings in a storage locker without paying for storage longer than you need it.
- Storage Security: If you're storing valuable items, vehicles, or everything you own in a storage unit, you want to know that it's safe. Find a Costa Mesa storage facility that has advanced security, such as gated access, on-site management, video surveillance, and alarmed units.
Storage for College Students
Whether you're living on campus at Vanguard University or renting an apartment during the school year while you study at Orange Coast College or Whittier Law School, finding a place for stuff is on every college student's mind.
For those living on campus, a self storage unit in Costa Mesa can be useful over summer breaks. Rather than renting an expensive moving truck or trying to pack your car full of dorm furniture and belongings, you can move your stuff to a storage unit for the summer months. That way, it's near campus and ready to go next fall. For students who don't live on campus, however, Costa Mesa mini storage is a great way to save on apartment rentals, as it means you have a place for all of your things without needing to upgrade to a larger, costlier apartment.
Storage features to consider for college storage:
- Unit Size: Students can store a mattress set, small furniture, and boxes in a 5x5 or 5x10 storage unit, both of which are equivalent to the size of a walk-in closet. If, however, you need more space but don't have the budget, you can always consider a larger storage unit that you can share with a friend or roommate.
- Facility Location: If you're using storage while in college, you'll probably want a facility that's close to campus. Then, it's easier to switch out clothes, grab a bike, or drop off your stuff.
- Short-Term Rental Agreements: For students who only use self storage over the summer break from school, a month-to-month lease is best.
Recreational Equipment Storage
With mild temperatures year-round and close proximity to the beach, Costa Mesa offers many ways to stay active. You can grind the rails at Volcom Skate Park in Fairview Park or enjoy a game of baseball, basketball, soccer, or tennis at TeWinkle Park. Or maybe you'd prefer a day in the sun at nearby Newport Beach, Huntington Beach, or Laguna Beach, where you can surf, swim, paddleboat, or fish.
Since Costa Mesa has many ways for you to spend time outdoors, it's possible you have sporting gear that takes up space in your dorm room, apartment, or house. Rather than keeping this gear on a balcony, in a closet, or in a garage where it gets in the way, you can move recreational equipment to a Costa Mesa storage facility.
Storage features to consider for sporting gear storage:
- Facility Location: Find a storage locker near your favorite beach or park so you don't have to go out of your way to grab what you need for a day out.
- Unit Size: Golf clubs, fishing poles, skateboards, bikes, and other small equipment will only need a 5x5 or 5x10 storage space. However, when storing surfboards, you may need a 10x10 or 10x15 storage unit.
- 24-Hour Access: You never know how early or late you'll be out. Search for storage facilities with round-the-clock access so you can get to your storage unit on your schedule, not the facility's.
Because the weather is nice in Costa Mesa, many residents own classic cars, sports cars, and boats. Unfortunately, these additional vehicles can take up space in a garage or driveway. Not to mention, these investments are expensive, and owners don't want anything happening to them, whether it's vandalism or theft.
With Costa Mesa vehicle storage, you can safely store your car or boat. With options ranging from outdoor storage spaces to covered parking and indoor vehicle storage, you're able to pick the kind of protection you want.
Storage features to consider for vehicle storage:
- Storage Type: Outdoor storage is the most affordable option since its only protection is often just a fence. Covered storage is moderate in price, as it provides slightly more coverage than outdoor storage. Indoor storage is the most expensive, but it provides complete protection from the weather, vandals, and thieves.
- Climate Control: Although California's weather is nice, climate-controlled storage in Costa Mesa can protect your classic car from rust, corrosion, and other aging that could damage its quality.
- Wide-Drive Aisles: Wider aisles between storage buildings are especially nice when storing a boat and its trailer. That's because you have fewer chances of damaging your boat when you go to get in and out.
RENT YOUR COSTA MESA STORAGE UNIT TODAY
Thank you for visiting Storage.com for your storage needs! If you've found a unit you like, you can reserve it right here online or call in to speak to a storage representative!