If you're looking for self storage in Peoria, AZ, you've come to the right place. Storage.com can help you find, compare, and rent storage in your area, making it easy for you to get the most convenient storage facility, storage unit size, and pricing for your storage needs. If you're in the planning stages of a big move and need somewhere to store all of your household belongings, or even if you're just trying to clear some clutter from your home, Storage.com can help!
REASONS FOR USING STORAGE IN PEORIA
Peoria has been growing steadily ever since the late 1990s and continues to be a great place to call home. Some of the most well known attractions from the area are the Challenger Space Center and the Peoria Performing Arts Center. Both establishments have employed many and brought visitors from all over the United States.
This suburb of Phoenix is also full of historic charm! There are a large number of areas within this city such as the Wilhelm Automotive, Edwards Hotel, Peoria Presbyterian Church and the Palo Verde Ruin, just to name a few, that have been introduced into the National Register of Historic Places or the Peoria Register of Historic Places.
Relocating to Peoria
Relocating for a job is an exciting time for a family, but it can also come with a number of stressful situations, especially if you are moving to Peoria from a different state. Finding a new home quickly and arranging moving dates can be a challenge. Peoria storage facilities are a great resource for diminishing stressful moving situations that come with moving to a new neighborhood.
Self storage features to consider when moving to Peoria:
- Drive Up Access: A drive-up access unit makes loading and unloading large and heavy items easy by allowing you to back a moving truck up to the door of your storage unit.
- Security Features: Whether you are leaving your personal belongings in a storage unit for weeks or months, you want to make sure they are well protected. To make sure your items will be protected, reserve a storage unit in Peoria that has gated access and uses secure locks. If you want to have an additional layer of protection, reserve a unit at a facility that has on-site management and video surveillance.
- Climate-Controlled Unit: When leaving furniture, appliances and other environmentally sensitive items in a storage unit, it is important to invest in a climate-controlled unit. By spending a little extra money on a climate-controlled unit, you will ensure that you will not have to replace certain items because their function or appearance was damaged by fluctuating temperatures and elements.
Between Homes Storage
Finding the perfect home doesn't always come with a perfect timeline. Many times families have to wait at least 30 days before moving into their new home. This can create a stressful situation because you will need to find a place to put all of your belongings if you have to be out of your old house before those 30 days. A self storage unit in Peoria can help! A storage unit can offer a safe and accessible place for you to put your personal belongings while you wait to sign the last of the real estate paper work and transition into your new home.
Self storage features to consider when you are between homes:
- Flexible Lease Agreements: Since finding a new home can happen sooner or later than most people plan, having your items stored at a storage facility in Peoria that allows short or flexible contracts will allow you to keep your items in storage as long as you need and not leaving you paying for a storage unit that you no longer need.
- Delivery Service: Sometimes when people who are waiting to move into their new house, they begin ordering furniture or appliances that are meant for the new house. It is important to find out how deliveries are handled at the storage facility. Every storage facility handles deliveries differently. Many facilities will hold your packages for a certain period of time so you can come in and load them into your unit.
- 24-Hour Access: Being able to drop by your storage unit when it best fits your schedule will make the stress of moving a little easier to bare since you will be able to drop off or pick up items when it is convenient for you. You will not have to wait for your storage facility to open or race to get there before they close in order to grab an item that you need.
Peoria has so much to offer its residents when it comes to outdoor activities! Between the number of golf courses, kayaking opportunities, and hiking trails, residents and visitors will never be at a loss for something to do in their free time. However, kayaks and golf clubs can take up precious space in an already crowded garage. By investing in a storage unit, recreational equipment can still be accessible, safe and won't clutter up your already full garage or shed.
Self storage features to consider when you are storing recreational equipment:
- Facility Location: Location is key! When storing your recreational equipment, you want to find a storage facility that is close to your house or where you use your equipment. You do not want to miss out on a hike with friends if you have to drive across town to grab your gear!
- Access Hours: Sometimes you'll be out on an adventure until the sun goes down. You don't want to be locked out of your storage facility when it's time to place your things back into storage. Look for a Peoria storage facility with extended evening and weekend hours or 24-hour access.
- Facility Security: Recreational equipment is an investment. When you are storing your hiking gear, bike, or golf clubs, you want to make sure that they are just as safe as if they were being stored in your own home. Most storage facilities in Peoria have features like gated access or unit locks, but some have additional security features like video surveillance, unit alarms, or on-site management.
Storage for College Students
With Peoria being a major suburb of Phoenix, students flock to the surrounding areas to enroll at Arizona State University, University of Arizona or one of the many community colleges. Since the standard dorm room and apartment leaves little closet space for extra storage, students can invest in a self storage unit to protect items that mom and dad do not want left in their basement after you have moved out.
Self storage features to consider when you are in college:
- Climate-Controlled Units: Since many college students will be storing photo albums, furniture and other environmentally sensitive items, it is important to invest in a climate-controlled unit. By investing in a climate-controlled unit, students can ensure that their photos and furniture will not develop mold or mildew since they are protected from fluctuating temperatures.
- Short-Term Contracts: If you are going to need a storage unit for only a semester or just over the summer, make sure you find a storage facility in Peoria that offers short-term contracts. This will ensure that you will not have to keep your storage unit longer than you need it.
- Access Hours: When it comes to storing personal items, you want to make sure you have access to them when you need them most. For college students, plans can change at the drop of a hat, so it is important to find a storage facility in Peoria that offers 24-hour access. By using a facility that is open all the time, students will not have to make their plans around the storage facilities hours of operation.
RENT YOUR PEORIA, AZ STORAGE UNIT TODAY!
Thank you for stopping by Storage.com! If you've found a Peoria self storage unit that fits your needs, you can either reserve it directly online or call in to speak with one of our storage representatives.