Looking for self storage in Laredo, TX? Welcome to Storage.com, where you can search for storage facilities based on your location and compare them by price, amenities, size, and more. When you've found the best storage unit for your particular needs, you can even reserve it through Storage.com quickly and easily.
COMMON REASONS FOR USING SELF STORAGE IN LAREDO
Are you moving to Laredo some time soon? Do you have a ton of recreational gear taking up space in your garage or basement? Have you been looking for a place to store an additional vehicle? Or do you simply just need more space at home? In all of these situations, a storage unit in Laredo can help!
Relocating to Laredo
Laredo holds the distinction of being the largest inland port in the United States and third largest overall. As a port town, an enormous amount of business in Laredo centers around international trade and transportation. According to the Laredo Development Foundation, more than 700 of the Fortune 1,000 companies in the U.S. conduct international business through Laredo. Because of this, people often move to Laredo in search of new employment.
While getting settled in this fast-growing Texas town, Laredo self storage can make the transition easier. For instance, if you have to move and start your new job before you've found a permanent home, you may need to rent a small apartment or stay in a hotel for a temporary period, which means you'll need to find a place for all of your possessions, including heavy items like furniture and appliances. That's where a storage unit comes in handy.
Storage features to consider when relocating:
- Drive-Up Access: You'll most likely be moving a lot of heavy items when you're relocating. Being able to pull your car or moving truck right up to your unit will make loading and unloading much easier.
- Storage Security: If you're storing most of what you own in a Laredo storage facility, you may want extra protection for your things. Every facility is equipped with standard security features, of course, but advanced features like on-site management, video surveillance, and alarmed units are offered at some locations.
- Short-Term Rental Agreement: With short-term storage unit rentals, you're able to keep your unit for as long as you need it. That way, if you only need it for a month, you aren't trapped in a long-term commitment.
Recreational Equipment Storage
Outdoor recreation is popular in Laredo, such as golfing on one of Laredo's three 18-hole courses, kayaking on the Rio Grande, mountain biking on the Shiloh Bike Trail, and even bird watching. Lake Casa Blanca State Park is an especially good spot for outdoor activities. You can fish, boat, or swim on the lake and spend time exploring the trails in the park. Camping spots with water and electricity are available as well.
Most of these hobbies require equipment that can take up space in your home. If you're looking to reclaim that space, a Laredo storage unit gives you a place to keep your gear out of your way without having to get rid of it.
Storage features to consider when storing recreational equipment:
- Unit Size: In most cases, a 5x5 or 5x10 will be enough for bikes, fishing gear, and golf clubs, but you may need as large as a 10x10 or 10x15 for bigger equipment like kayaks.
- 24-Hour Access: If you like to head out on your outdoor adventures early in the morning and stay out until the late hours of the evening, you don't want a Laredo storage facility that's only open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. You need a facility with round-the-clock access so you can grab your gear on your schedule.
- Facility Location: You want to be able to access your recreational equipment whenever you start itching for an adventure, not go miles out of your way to pick them up. Think about where you'll be using them and choose your facility accordingly.
Laredo Vehicle Storage
Whether you have a classic car, motorcycle, ATV, boat, or RV, at some point, you may need to store them away from home, especially if your neighborhood covenant doesn't allow you to keep these additional vehicles parked in your driveway or in the street near your home. Using Laredo vehicle storage can save you the headache of trying to find somewhere to keep these vehicles.
Types of storage available for vehicles:
- Outdoor storage is the most affordable option and offers no protection from the elements.
- Covered storage is slightly more expensive and provides some shelter from the elements.
- Indoor storage is the most expensive option and provides complete protection from the elements.
Storage features to consider when storing vehicles:
- Storage Security: Whether you're using Laredo boat storage or auto storage, your vehicles are valuable, and you want to know they won't get damaged or stolen. Look for facilities with gated access and perimeter fencing. For more advanced security, a facility with video surveillance and on-site management will help.
- Facility Location: When storing a car, motorcycle, or recreational vehicle, you want to access them quickly and easily. That's why it's smart to find a self storage facility in Laredo that's close to your home so you don't have to go out of your way to grab your vehicle.
- 24-Hour Access: You never know when you'll need to grab your vehicle, so make sure you keep it at a storage facility with 24-hour access.
RENT YOUR LAREDO STORAGE UNIT TODAY
Thanks for using Storage.com for your self storage needs. If you have any questions or concerns, you can call in to speak with one of our storage representatives. You can also reserve your unit right here on Storage.com.