Looking for self storage in Garland, TX? Welcome to Storage.com! Our site is optimized to help you find, compare, and rent storage within minutes based on your specific needs, such as location, unit size, price, and amenities. When you've found the unit for you, you can reserve it right here on Storage.com!
COMMON REASONS FOR USING SELF STORAGE IN GARLAND
Whether you're moving to Garland from out of town, relocating for work, in need of more space at home, planning to store seasonal belongings, or in need of a place for your vehicles, Storage.com is here to help you find the Garland storage unit that's right for you.
Relocating to Garland
Garland is part of the advanced manufacturing and technology cluster in Texas with predominant metal, chemical, plastic, and rubber industries. Hatco (formerly Resistol Hats) and Kraft Foods operate manufacturing plants in the area with other major employers like Raytheon, Atlas Copco, US Foods, and APEX Tool Group. With a variety of employment opportunities, growing neighborhoods, such as Duck Creek and Rose Hill, and vibrant cultural districts, "Texas Made Here" is more than a motto—it's a way of life in Garland.
Regardless of why you're headed to Garland, relocating is always an exciting experience. However, transitioning into a new home and starting a new job can be stressful. Renting a storage unit in Garland can help easy the strain of moving. You can store all of your household items while looking for a place to live. Once you've found your new abode, you can take your time unpacking your belongings from your storage unit into your new home.
Storage features to consider when relocating:
- Drive-Up Access: Work smarter, not harder with drive-up access. You can drive your car or moving truck right up to the door of your unit so loading and unloading heavy or bulky items is more manageable.
- Short-Term Rental Agreements: Garland storage facilities with flexible leasing agreements mean you won't be trapped in a long-term commitment and paying for storage longer than you need it.
- Climate Control: Climate-controlled storage will keep your unit between 55-85°F with low humidity, ensuring sensitive belongings like electronics, wooden furniture, and photos, aren't damaged by heat and humidity.
Living in Downtown Garland
Downtown Garland is a hot place to live, and we're not just talking about the Texas sunshine. In addition to the gorgeous climate, this part of Garland is known for its charm. With Historic Downtown Garland, Granville Arts Center, Plaza Theatre, Pace House, Firewheel Town Center, and more, you'll never be bored living downtown.
However, the prime location comes at a steep cost. Residents often have to choose between a smaller living space downtown or moving away from the city center to have enough square feet for a price that's within budget. This is where Garland mini storage is a valuable asset to help downtown residents fit comfortably in their smaller spaces.
Storage features to consider when living downtown:
- Downtown Location: You probably chose to live downtown so you would be close to everything, so logically your storage unit should be close, too. Easy access and proximity are key to maximizing your living space with self storage, so look for a Garland storage facility that's downtown.
- Facility Security: If you're storing valuables, you'll want to make sure they're safe. Most storage facilities offer basic security features like gated access and unit locks. If you'd like more protection, look for Garland self storage with more advanced security, such as alarmed units, video surveillance, and on-site management.
- Unit Size: For seasonal belongings and sporting gear, a 5x5 is a good place to start. If, however, you need to store multiple pieces of furniture, boxes, and recreational equipment, a 10x10 would be better.
Storing Recreational Equipment
Garland is a good place to explore the great outdoors. You can go hiking through Spring Creek Park, off-road biking through Rowlett Creek Preserve, golf at Firewheel Golf Park, or enjoy some sun at Lake Ray Hubbard. Whatever you enjoy doing outside, there are a variety of opportunities in Garland for outdoor adventures.
When you're not out having fun, all of your recreational equipment can take up a lot of space. From golf clubs to kayaks to fishing rods, your gear is necessary for outdoor hobbies but needs a good storage solution when you're not using them. With Garland mini storage, you can store everything in a storage unit when it's not in use. This way your gear is safely stored in one place and ready for your next adventure—and you're not tripping over it at home.
Storage features to consider when storing recreational equipment:
- Unit Size: Measure your gear before renting a unit to make sure you rent the right amount of space. A 5x5 unit is great for golf clubs and fishing gear whereas you'll want a 5x10 or larger for bicycle or kayak storage.
- 24-Hour Access: A facility with 24-hour access is key for spontaneous excursions. When you get the urge to hit the open road or when you're out later than planned, a Garland storage facility with 24-hour access puts you in control so you can access your storage unit whenever it's convenient for your schedule.
- Facility Location: Consider a storage facility that's close to home or the parks you frequent. Storing your equipment in a nearby storage facility makes outdoor excursions easier than driving 30 minutes across town to get everything.
Auto, Boat, and RV Storage in Garland
Garland is a great city to hit the open road. On the outskirts of the Dallas-Fort Worth area, there's no shortage of places to take your toys out for a spin, whether you're boating on Lake Ray Hubbard, taking the RV on a trip across the state, or going for a drive through Denton's horse country. When you're not out blazing a new trail, finding room to store your recreational vehicles can be difficult. Garland vehicle storage makes it easy to store all of your fun toys so they're safe, out of the way, and ready for your next adventure.
Here are storage options for vehicles (Keep in mind that not all are offered at every facility):
- Outdoor storage is the most affordable option and offers no protection from the elements.
- Covered storage is slightly more expensive and provides some shelter from the elements.
- Indoor storage is the most expensive option and provides complete protection from the elements.
Storage features to consider for vehicle storage:
- Facility Security: Your recreational vehicles may be your pride and joy, and odds are they cost a pretty penny, too, so you'll want to make sure they're safe. All Garland storage facilities offer standard security measures, such as gated access and unit locks. However, if you'd like extra security, consider a facility that offers more advanced options like video surveillance, alarmed units, and on-site management.
- Climate Control: If you're storing a classic car in your unit, you should consider a climate-controlled storage unit. Excessive heat and humidity can wreak havoc on a sensitive vehicle, but climate control will keep your unit at a moderate temperature and humidity level.
RENT YOUR GARLAND STORAGE UNIT TODAY
Thanks for visiting Storage.com to explore your Garland self storage options! If you've found the storage unit you need, reserve it right here on our site, or you can call in to speak with a storage representative.