Looking for a self storage facility in Beaumont, TX? Welcome to Storage.com! We're here to help you find the storage unit that best suits your needs. Our site allows you to search, compare, and rent storage within minutes based on location, unit size, price, and facility features. When you've found the unit for you, reserving it is a piece of cake—you can rent it right here at Storage.com!
COMMON REASONS FOR USING SELF STORAGE IN BEAUMONT
Whether you're moving to Beaumont from out of town, are relocating for work, attending school, need more space at home, or need to store seasonal belongings, Storage.com is here to help you find the Beaumont storage unit that fits your needs and your belongings.
Relocating to Beaumont
With a gorgeous climate, beautiful scenery, and diverse local economy, Beaumont offers a lot of opportunities for its residents. Beaumont is a major petrochemical refining area, thanks to the nearby Spindletop oil field, which sparked the Texas Oil Boom in 1901. When you combine the city wealth that came from two oil strikes with the Port of Beaumont on Neches River, which is the fourth busiest port in the nation, Beaumont is a prime city for the petrochemical industry.
Several companies have chemical plants located in and around Beaumont, including ExxonMobil, Goodyear, and DuPont USA. Other top employers include Jason's Deli, whose headquarter offices are located in Beaumont, Entergy Texas, Chevron Phillips Chemical Co., Conn's Appliances, Inc., and CB&I Matrix Engineering. With a variety of employment opportunities, a thriving entertainment district on Crockett Street, and historic neighborhoods such as Oaks Historic District and Beaumont Commercial District, living in part of the "Golden Triangle" offers something for everyone.
Relocating is always an exciting experience regardless of why you're moving to Beaumont. However, transitioning into a new home and starting a new job can be, in a word, stressful. Renting a storage unit in Beaumont can help ease the strain of moving by giving you a place to store all of your household items while you're on the hunt for the perfect home. Once you've found your new home, you can take your time unpacking your belongings from your storage unit into your new residence, so it's not as overwhelming of an experience.
Helpful storage features when relocating:
- Drive-Up Access: Work smarter, not harder by renting a storage unit in Beaumont with drive-up access. Loading and unloading heavy or bulky items is much more manageable when you can drive a truck right up to the door of your unit.
- Short-Term Rental Agreement: Hopefully you won't be in transition for long, so look for a Beaumont storage facility that offers flexible leases for you to rent on a weekly or monthly basis. This way you're not stuck paying for storage longer than you need it.
- Climate Control: If you're storing items during the summer months, consider a climate-controlled storage unit in Beaumont. Summers in Beaumont are sunny, hot, and humid but excessive heat and humidity can damage your belongings. Climate control will keep your unit between 55–85°F with low humidity, ensuring your sensitive belongings like electronics, wood furniture, photos, and more are not damaged during the summer months.
Living in Downtown Beaumont
Downtown Beaumont is the place to be if you're a fan of the arts, culture, history, or sports. Home to more than 10 museums, the Beaumont Civic Ballet, Crockett Street Entertainment District, Tyrrell Historical Library, Riverfront Park, and the Lamar Cardinals, there's something for everyone to enjoy. However, Downtown Beaumont's prime location comes at a high cost. Residents often have to choose between a smaller living space downtown or moving away from the city center to find a large enough space that fits their budget. This is where Beaumont self storage comes to the rescue to help downtown residents fit comfortably in their smaller spaces.
Storage amenities to consider when living in Downtown Beaumont:
- Facility Location: You probably decided to live downtown because it's so close to everything, so logically your storage unit should be nearby, too. Facility proximity and easy access are key to maximizing your living space with Beaumont mini storage, so look for a storage facility in Downtown Beaumont.
- Unit Size: Make sure to measure the items you're storing before renting a storage unit to be certain you have enough space. For recreational equipment and seasonal equipment, a 5x5 unit would be a good start. If you're storing extra furniture and larger items, you'll want at least a 5x10. Take a look at our interactive storage unit size guide for more information.
- Security Facility: If you're storing valuables in a downtown storage unit, you'll want to make sure they're safe. All storage facilities should offer basic security amenities like gated access and unit locks. However, if you'd like more protection for your peace of mind, look for Beaumont storage facilities that offer more advanced security measures like alarmed units, video surveillance, and on-site management.
Self Storage for College Students
With one of the two doctoral research universities in the state of Texas housed in Beaumont—Lamar University—and the Lamar Institute of Technology, the city is home to over 17,000 college students. While college is an exciting time for a lot of people, it can also be a rather cramped experience when you're living in close quarters.
Whether you're living on campus in one of Cardinal Village's residence halls or you're sharing an apartment off campus with several roommates, not having enough space in college is a common problem. Consider a Beaumont storage unit to help you save the limited space you have. You'll be able to keep your belongings safe and have enough room without downsizing your possessions or roommates.
Seasonal clothing, recreational equipment, and extra furniture take up valuable space you don't have to spare; keep them in Beaumont mini storage until you need them. If you're going home over the summer, save yourself the time and stress of hauling everything home only to bring it back three months later by storing it in Beaumont self storage until August.
Helpful storage amenities for college students:
- Unit Size: For storing college essentials like bedding, a mini-fridge, school supplies, or room decorations, a 5x5 or 5x10 unit should do the trick. In Beaumont, a 5x5 unit starts around $35 per month, with larger units going up in price. Consider sharing a unit with a friend or roommate to make your storage more budget-friendly.
- Short-Term Rental Agreement: If you're only looking for a short-term storage solution over the summer or while you're transitioning between dorms rooms or apartments, look for a storage facility in Beaumont that offers flexible rental agreements. Some storage facilities offer weekly or monthly rental agreements, which are great for students so you're not stuck in a lease paying for storage longer than you need it.
- Climate Control: If you're storing over the summer months, look for a Beaumont storage facility with climate-controlled units. Excessive heat or humidity (ahem, Texan summers) can damage sensitive items like books, electronics, wood furniture, and more. A climate-controlled storage unit in Beaumont will remain between 55–85°F with low humidity so your belongings are safe.
Auto, Boat, and RV Storage in Beaumont
Beaumont is a gorgeous city surrounded by a variety of landscapes; it's simply begging you to go out and explore your surroundings. Located within the Piney Woods and minutes away from the Gulf of Mexico, there's no shortage of places to take your toys for a ride. Whether you're boating on Sabine Lake, riding through Sea Rim State Park, or driving to Louisiana via the Sabine Causeway, there are so many ways and places to explore on land or water.
When you're not using recreational vehicles, however, it's a challenge to find room for them at home, especially for apartment renters or downtown dwellers. Beaumont vehicle storage makes it easy to store all of your favorite toys so they're safe, out of the way, and ready for your next adventure.
Storage options for vehicles include:
- Outdoor storage is the most affordable storage option for vehicles and offers no protection from the elements.
- Covered storage is slightly more expensive and provides some coverage from the elements.
- Indoor storage is the most expensive vehicle storage option and it provides complete protection from the elements.
Additional vehicle storage features to consider:
- Facility Security: These toys may well be your pride and joy, and they cost a pretty penny, so you'll want to make sure they're safe. All storage facilities should offer standard security measures, including gated access and unit locks, but if you'd like a little extra security, consider a vehicle storage facility in Beaumont that offers more advanced options like alarmed units, video surveillance, and on-site management.
- Climate Control: If you're storing heat-sensitive vehicles in your storage unit like a classic car, salvaged boat, or vintage motorcycle, consider a climate-controlled unit. Climate control will keep your unit at a comfortable temperature, between 55-85°F with low humidity.
RENT YOUR BEAUMONT SELF STORAGE TODAY!
Thanks for visiting Storage.com to explore your self storage options. If you've found the Beaumont storage unit you need, reserving it is a breeze. You can make your reservations right here on our site, or you can call in to speak with a storage representative.