Looking for self storage in Amarillo, TX? Welcome to Storage.com! We're here to help you find the storage unit that best suits your needs. On our site, you can search, compare, and rent storage within minutes based on location, unit size, price, and features. When you've found the unit you need, reserving it is a breeze—you can rent it right here at Storage.com!
COMMON REASONS FOR USING SELF STORAGE IN AMARILLO
Whether you're moving to Amarillo from out of town, attending school, need to store seasonal belongings, or you're just looking for some extra space, we're here to help you find the Amarillo storage unit that fits your needs and belongings.
Relocating to Amarillo
As the largest city in the Texas Panhandle, Amarillo is home to warm weather and a wide range of employment opportunities for its residents.
With companies like Bell Helicopter, Tyson Foods, Inc., ASARCO, and Owens Corning as the largest employers in town, a huge meat packing industry, a petroleum extraction industry, and the only nuclear weapons assembly and disassembly facility in the country (Pantex), Amarillo is the economic center of the region. As a result, people in many different lines of work find employment opportunities here.
Of course, all work and no play makes for an awfully boring city. Luckily, Amarillo is home to a variety of places to enjoy your free time like Wonderland Amusement Park, Palo Duro Canyon State Park, Pioneer Amphitheater, and more so you'll never be lacking for something to do.
Relocating is always an exciting experience, but transitioning into a new home and starting a new job can be, in a word: stressful. Rent a storage unit in Amarillo to help ease the strain of moving. You can store all of your household items in Amarillo mini storage while you're finding the perfect place to live. Once you've found your new home, you can take your time unpacking your belongings from your storage unit into your new place.
Useful storage features when relocating:
- Drive-Up Access: Work smarter, not harder, when you're moving. Rent an Amarillo storage unit with drive-up access to make loading and unloading easier. You can back a moving truck up to the door of your unit so transferring heavy or bulky items is more manageable.
- Short-Term Rental Agreements: If all goes well, you won't be in transition for long. Look for an Amarillo storage facility that offers flexible leases that allow you to rent on a monthly or weekly basis. This way, you're not stuck in a lease paying for storage longer than you need it.
- Climate Control: If you're storing items during the summer months, you should consider climate-controlled storage in Amarillo. With hot Texas summers, you'll want to make sure sensitive belongings like electronics, wood furniture, photos, and more are not damaged by extreme temperatures. Climate control will keep you unit between 55-85°F so your belongings are kept at a comfortable temperature.
Living in Downtown Amarillo
Downtown Amarillo is a happening place to live. In addition to the warm weather that comes with living in Amarillo, downtown is known for its rich blend of culture, arts, history, and sports. With the Globe-News Center for the Performing Arts, Amarillo Civic Center, and the Don Harrington Discovery Center a short trek away, you'll never be bored living downtown. Whether you're a fan of the Amarillo Bulls hockey team or the Lone Star Ballet, there's something for everyone to enjoy when living downtown.
However, Downtown Amarillo's ideal location comes at a high cost so residents often have to choose between a smaller living space downtown or moving away from the city center to gain enough space within their budget. This is where Amarillo self storage is a valuable asset to help downtown residents fit comfortably into their smaller spaces.
Helpful storage amenities when living in Downtown Amarillo:
- Downtown Location: Odds are you chose to live downtown so you would be close to everything, so logically your storage unit should be close by, too. Easy access and proximity is key to getting the most out of your storage unit in order to expand your living space, so look for an Amarillo mini storage facility that is downtown.
- Facility Security: If you're storing valuables in a downtown storage unit, you'll want to make sure they're safe. All storage facilities offer basic security measures like gated access and unit locks, but if you're looking for more security for your peace of mind, look for advanced features like alarmed units, video surveillance, and on-site management.
Self Storage for College Students
With schools like Amarillo College and Texas Tech University at Amarillo, the city is home to many college students living on and off campus. College is a fundamental milestone for a lot of people, but it can also be a very cramped experience when you're living in close quarters.
Whether you're living on campus in a dorm room or you're sharing an off-campus apartment with several roommates, not having enough space is a common problem in college. Instead of finding a more spacious and expensive apartment or downsizing your belongings, consider a storage unit for things you use occasionally.
Seasonal clothing, recreational equipment, and extra furniture take up space you don't have to spare; keep them in an Amarillo storage unit until you need them. Or if you're going home for the summer, save yourself the hassle of hauling everything home and bringing it back three months later by storing it in Amarillo mini storage until August.
Storage features to consider for college students:
- Unit Size: If you're storing college essentials like bedding, a mini-fridge, and school supplies, a 5x5 or 5x10 unit should suffice. A 5x5 starts around $25 per month in Amarillo with larger units going up in price. Consider sharing a unit with a friend or roommate to make your storage even more budget-friendly.
- Short-Term Rental Agreement: Look for Amarillo storage facilities that offer flexible monthly or weekly leases so you're not paying for storage longer than you need it.
- Climate Control: If you're storing your belongings over the summer months, you might want to rent an Amarillo storage unit with climate control. Excessive heat can damage sensitive items like books, electronics, wood furniture, and more. Amarillo experiences temperatures in the upper 80s and 90s in the summer, but a climate-controlled storage unit will remain between 55-85 °F, keeping your belongings safe.
The climate and scenery in Amarillo offer a lot of opportunities for outdoor adventures, and we're not just talking about Wonderland Amusement Park. Whether you're exploring Palo Duro Canyon State Park, taking a trip to Cadillac Ranch, or golfing at Ross Rogers Golf Course, there are a variety of ways to get out and about enjoy the area.
However, outdoor equipment can take up a lot of space at home. From golf clubs to kayaks, these "toys" are necessary for outdoor hobbies, but need a good storage solution when they're not in use. You can store all your equipment in an Amarillo storage locker when you're not using it so everything is ready for your next adventure—and you're not tripping over it at home.
Helpful storage features for storing recreational equipment:
- Unit Size: Make sure to measure your equipment before renting a unit to make sure you're getting the right amount of space. A 5x5 unit is great for storing golf clubs and tennis equipment, but you'll want a 5x10 or larger for mountain bikes and kayaks. Take a look at our interactive storage unit size guide for additional information.
- 24-Hour Access: A facility offering 24-hour access is perfect for spontaneous adventures. When you get the urge to hit the road or when you're out later than planned, a 24-hour storage facility gives you access to your equipment whenever it's convenient for you.
- Facility Location: Choose a storage facility that's close to home or the place where you want to use your recreational gear. When you frequent the trails or golf courses regularly, you'll want your equipment just down the street instead of a long drive across town.
Auto, Boat, and RV Storage in Amarillo
Amarillo is a great city to have some fun exploring the great outdoors. As the largest Texas city located along historic Route 66, there's no shortage of places to go and sites to see whether you're taking a long afternoon cruise or taking the RV up to Palo Duro Canyon State Park. When you're not using your recreational vehicles, however, it's a challenge to find room for them at home. Amarillo vehicle storage is the perfect storage solution for your toys; it's easy to safely store your classic car, RV, or ATV so it's safe, out of the way, and ready for the next time you want to take it out.
Storage options for vehicles include:
- Outdoor storage is the most affordable option and offers no protection from the elements.
- Covered storage is slightly more expensive and provides some shelter from the elements.
- Indoor storage is the most expensive option and it provides complete protection from the elements.
Additional vehicle storage features to consider:
- Facility Security: These toys may be your pride and joy or hold sentimental (and financial) value, so you'll want to make sure they're safe. All storage facilities offer standard security measures including gated access and unit locks. If you'd like extra security for your peace of mind, consider an Amarillo storage facility with more advanced measures like video surveillance, alarmed units, and on-site management.
- Climate Control: If you're storing heat-sensitive vehicles like a classic or restored car, consider a climate-controlled unit. Climate control will keep your unit between 55-85°F with low humidity, ensuring that sensitive belongings are not damaged during Texas' hot summers.
RENT YOUR AMARILLO STORAGE UNIT TODAY!
Thanks for stopping by Storage.com to explore your self storage options. If you've found the Amarillo storage unit you need, you can make your reservation right here on our site, or you can call in to speak with a storage representative.