Looking for a self storage facility in York, PA? Welcome to Storage.com! We’re here to help you find the storage unit that best suits your needs. Our site is optimized so you can search, compare, and rent storage within minutes based on location, unit size, price, and amenities. When you’ve found the unit for you, reserving it is a breeze - you can rent it right here at Storage.com!
COMMON REASONS FOR USING SELF STORAGE IN YORK
Whether you’re moving to York from out of town, relocating of work, attending school, need more space at home, or need to store recreational vehicles, Storage.com is here to help you find the York storage unit that fits your needs as well as your belongings.
Relocating to York
York is an awesome city with so much to offer residents. With companies like York Barbell, York International, The Bon-Ton, Dentsply, New York Wire Company, and Harley Davidson setting up shop in York, there are a ton of employment opportunities no matter what industry you’re interested in. Culture, arts, sports, and recreational venues like York Little Theatre, Stand-Capitol Performing Arts Center, York Revolution baseball, Susquehannna River, Heritage Rail Trail, and more will keep you entertained in your spare time. With a beautiful climate, strong local economy, and a vivid history, York has something different for everyone to enjoy.
Relocating is always an exciting experience when you’re starting fresh at a new job or moving into a new home. However, it can be stressful. Self storage in York is a great asset to help ease the strain of moving. You can store all of your household items in York mini storage while you’re finding the perfect place to live. Once you’ve found the right place, you can take your time unpacking your belongings from your storage unit into your new home.
Helpful storage features when relocating:
- Drive-Up Access: Work smarter, not harder by renting a storage unit in York with drive-up access. The moving process is a little easier when you can load and unload heavy or bulky items from your unit by driving a truck right up to the door.
- Facility Security: If you’re storing valuables in your storage unit, you’ll want to make sure they’re safe. All storage facilities offer standard security measures like gated access and unit locks. If you’d like a little more security for your belongings, look for a storage facility that offers advanced security features such as alarmed units, on-site management, and video surveillance.
- Short-Term Rental Agreement: Look for a storage facility in York that offers weekly or monthly rental agreements; this way you’re not stuck in a lease and paying for storage longer than you need it.
Self Storage for College Students
With York College of Pennsylvania, Penn State York, and other institutes of higher education, York is home to many college students. Learning to live in close quarters with a lot of people who have a lot of things is one of the biggest challenges college students face.
Whether you’re living on campus in a residence hall or you’re sharing an apartment downtown with several roommates, not having enough space is a common problem in college. Consider a York storage unit for the things you don’t always need instead of finding a more spacious and expensive apartment or downsizing your possessions.
Seasonal clothing, recreational equipment, and extra furniture take up valuable space you don’t have to spare. Keep them in York mini storage until you need them. If you’re going home for the summer, save yourself the trouble of hauling everything home only to bring it back three months later by storing it in a York storage unit until August.
Storage features to consider for college students:
- Unit Size: For storing college essentials like bedding, a mini-fridge, dorm room decor, and school supplies, a 5x5 or 5x10 should do the trick. A 5x5 storage unit in York starts around $20 a month with larger units going up in price. Consider sharing a unit with a friend or roommate to make your storage unit more budget-friendly. As a bonus, a lot of storage facilities offer student discounts or free rental trucks so be on the lookout for those opportunities!
- Short-Term Rental Agreement: Look for a storage facility in York that offers weekly or monthly rental agreements so you’re not stuck in a lease and paying for storage longer than you need it.
- Climate Control: If you’re storing over the summer, look for a York storage facility with climate-controlled units. Although York isn’t the hottest city (weather-wise) in the summer, excessive humidity can also cause damage to heat sensitive items like books, electronics, wood furniture, and more. A climate-controlled unit will remain between 55-85°F with low humidity so your belongings are safe.
Storing Recreational Equipment
York is a great city to explore the great outdoors. You can go kayaking or boating along Susquehanna River, hike along Heritage Rail Trail, bike through Codorus State Park, ski or mountain bike at Roundtop Mountain Resort, and so much more. There are boundless opportunities for you to enjoy outdoor activities in the city.
When you’re not out and about exploring though, all your recreational equipment can take up a lot of space at home. Golf club, bicycles, skis, kayaks, and the like are essential for your outdoor hobbies, but need a good storage solution so you’re not tripping over them at home. With York self storage, you can safely store all your equipment when it’s not being used so everything is ready for your next adventure.
Storage amenities to consider for storing recreational equipment:
- Extended Access Hours: A storage facility with extended or 24-hour access hours is key for spontaneous adventures. When you get the urge to hit the slopes, go boating on the river with friends, or are out later than planned, a storage facility with extended or 24-hour access is a great asset. You’ll be able to access your gear when it fits your schedule.
- Facility Location: Choose a storage facility in York that is close to home or the place you frequently bike, hike, or kayak at. You’ll want your equipment nearby when you’re a regular on the trails or courses instead of in a unit all the way across town.
- Unit Size: Before renting a storage unit, be sure to measure your gear to make sure you’re renting the right amount of space. A 5x5 unit is great for smaller items like golf clubs and fishing gear, but you’ll want a 5x10 to store larger items like bicycles and kayaks.
Auto, Boat, and RV Storage in York
The landscape, surrounding areas, and weather are two great reasons to go out and explore what York and Pennsylvania have to offer. Surrounded by great cities such as Gettysburg, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Philadelphia, and Baltimore, there is no shortage of places to use your toys. Whether you’re boating along Susquehanna River, camping in Gifford Pinchot State Park, or cruising through the state to visit other people and places, York has a ton of great places for recreational vehicles. When you’re not out cruising through life, it’s a challenge to find room for your vehicles at home. York vehicle storage makes it easy to safely store all your fun toys so they’re out of the way and ready for your next adventure.
Storage options for vehicles include:
: This option is
the most affordable, but it provides no protection from the elements.
: Slightly more
expensive, this option provides some protection from the weather.
: This option is
the most expensive, but it provides complete protection from the weather.
Additional vehicle storage features to consider:
- Facility Security: These toys may well be your pride and joy and they probably cost you a pretty penny, so you’re going to want to make sure they’re safe. All storage facilities offer standard security measures like gated access and unit locks, but if you want a little extra security, consider a York storage facility with advanced security options like video surveillance, alarmed units, and on-site management.
- Climate Control: If you’re storing heat-sensitive vehicles in your storage unit like a classic car or antique motorcycle, consider a climate-controlled unit. Climate control will keep your unit a comfortable temperature, resting between 55-85°F with low humidity, ensuring that heat or humidity sensitive vehicles aren’t damaged during York’s muggy summer months.
RENT YOUR YORK STORAGE UNIT TODAY!
Thanks for stopping by Storage.com to explore your self storage options in York! If you’ve found the self storage you need, you can make your reservation right here on our site, or call in to our call center to speak with one of our storage experts.