Do you have use for a storage unit in West Chester, PA? If so, you’ve come to the right place. No matter what your reason for seeking storage or how large a unit your need or what sort of amenities you’re looking for with your storage unit, Storage.com has the solution! You can compare unit sizes, prices, and facility features to determine which one is best for your needs. What’s more: you can even reserve a unit online! In short, everything you need to find good storage is here at Storage.com.
REASONS FOR HAVING STORAGE IN WEST CHESTER
West Chester is a small-town, but that doesn’t mean you’ll never need to save space when relocating here for work or school. Even a long-time resident might need to clear out some floor room for more convenient living or when moving to another part of town.
Relocating to West Chester
West Chester may be smaller and less famous when compared to giant metropolises such as Philadelphia, but it’s still a lovely place. Its friendly neighborhoods, historical architecture, and beautiful Pennsylvania scenery have rightfully earned its label by the Philadelphia Inquirer as “…one of the world’s most perfect small towns.”
Once named after its still-existing inn Turk’s Head, West Chester boasts a fine display of Greek Revival architecture as well as several thousand structures dating back to the colonial period. The Brandywine Traveler hotel gives visitors a pleasant experience and a chance to understand why this is such a beloved town. In terms of an economy, the headquarters for Communications Test Design, Inc. are located in West Chester, and the city has some interest in manufacturing with local companies including Mars Drinks and VWR International.
Even when moving to a small community such as West Chester, relocation can be a difficult process. Transferring to take a new job or start attending school, for instance, will leave you bound to a schedule with limited time to find a place of residence. Similarly, if you are living on a budget, you might have to settle for an apartment smaller than the one you’d prefer. If you need to make extra living space, a self storage unit can help.
Storage features to have when relocating:
- Unit Size: Always a relevant question when renting a self storage unit. The appropriate unit size will always depend on how much you want to store. Depending on your needs, the West Chester self storage unit could be a small 5x5 or something larger such as a 10x10 or even a garage-sized 10x30.
- Drive-Up Access: If you have a bunch of heavy items to put in storage, save yourself the stress of carrying everything in several long walks to your storage unit and back by renting from a West Chester storage facility with drive-up access. Now those long walks will be shortened to just a few feet, as you can park your automobile directly in front of your storage unit.
- Climate Control: For protection against the climate changes common in Pennsylvania, your storage items should be insulated in a room temperature environment. This is possible if you have a West Chester climate-controlled self storage unit! Now you can rest assured your storage unit will remain at 55-85 degrees Fahrenheit.
Vehicle Storage in West Chester
When you come to West Chester, you will probably want to keep your automobile within a close distance of where you live. This is much easier in a small community such as this as opposed to a large metropolis. However, if you cannot find a residence with an attached garage or parking lot or if simply none are available, you’ll be left to find somewhere else to keep your vehicle. What about if you’re heading overseas for a time? How do you guarantee protection for your vehicle while you are away? There are numerous parking garages in West Chester, but these could cost you a lot of money in the long run. Did you know you can solve a number of these problems with self storage? Using Storage.com’s search features, it is no problem to find automobile storage in West Chester.
Automobile storage amenities:
- Indoor/Outdoor Vehicle Storage: There are two primary forms of vehicle storage, and which one you should go with will depend on your budget and your specific storage needs. For those with a limited budget and who will be using their automobile on a regular basis, the cheaper outdoor storage space will do just fine. If you will be going overseas for a long period of time or you own a more expensive, delicate automobile, West Chester indoor vehicle storage is the way to go. You wouldn’t want your model car to be left outdoors in the event of a storm.
- Advanced Security Features: A vehicle is not cheap to own or maintain, so you should never store your vehicle anywhere unless you can be guaranteed of adequate security features to protect your investment. Make sure the facility is fenced-in and can only be entered via a gate, so that people cannot easily wander in. Other good features to look for include security cameras and on-site management.
- Extended Access Hours: Will you ever need to get your automobile at an unusual hour, such as early in the morning to start a road trip? What about dropping it off again after working late? The facility might not be open during these times. However, if your facility allows 24-hour access to its clientele, you can enter the facility and access your vehicle at any time that is convenient for you. Ask your West Chester storage operator what they offer.
Save Living Space with West Chester Self Storage
The primary use for self storage anywhere is decluttering, especially at home. With a self storage unit, you can clear out those additional belongings in various rooms of your house, providing more space to walk around or make room for items you need on a daily basis. How about those seasonal items you only need for a few months out of the year? Winter coats and boots will be invaluable during the cold season of the year but will only take up closet space during the pleasant springs and summers. With a self storage unit, you can swap out seasonal items as the time for their need comes and goes.
Storage amenities for saving space:
- Unit Size: If you only need to clear out a few odds and ends, such as items in a closet, look no further than a standard-sized 5x5 storage unit in West Chester. Upgrade as needed for more items or larger items. A set of furniture might require a 10x10 storage unit. Remember: don’t overcrowd your unit.
- Climate Control: When storing items that are sensitive to temperature, maintaining a steady room temperature environment is a priority. Photographs, wooden furniture, electronic devices, paper documents, seasonal items when they are out of season—many of these can be negatively affected by harsh swings in temperature and humidity.
- Extended Access Hours: Should you ever need to grab any of your storage items at an unusual hour, it would be a great convenience if your facility had 24-hour access. That way, you don’t have to wait until the next morning to enter your unit.
College Storage in West Chester
Despite its small size, West Chester has a prestigious university to its name. West Chester University, which offers various undergraduate and masters programs to its students. If you are a student attending from out of town, you’ll need a place to stay. Regardless of whether you are living in a dormitory, an apartment, or a rental house, your hectic life as a college student, as well as the limited budget for living, will probably leave you with less space than desired. You might even need to move a few of your school items into another location.
You can counter all of these problems with storage. To save even more money, you can split the rent of the unit with your roommates, both store insides in it, and thereby save even more money!
College storage amenities:
- Extended Access Hours: College courses can run late into the night, so if you need to pick up something from your West Chester storage unit, make sure the facility has 24-hour access, otherwise you’ll have to wait until the following morning, if your schedule will permit that too.
- Climate Control: Electronics and paper documents—which are oftentimes essential for college—are very frail in harsh temperatures. Keep your delicate items insulated in a climate-controlled storage unit to keep them in prime condition.
RENT A WEST CHESTER SELF STORAGE UNIT NOW!
When you have found a self storage unit in West Chester that meets your criteria, you can reserve it, right here on Storage.com! For any additional questions, you can always phone the facility you are interested in or call one of our storage representatives.