Do you need a storage unit in Pittsburgh, PA? Here at Storage.com, you can find, compare, and rent Pittsburgh self storage all at one site. With our listings, you can learn about facility locations, unit sizes, prices, and storage features available in Pittsburgh. Once you've found the perfect unit for your storage needs, you can rent it quickly and easily at Storage.com.
COMMON REASONS TO USE SELF STORAGE IN PITTSBURGH
The Steelers, the Pirates, and the Penguins—while the black and gold City of Champions is certainly well known for its teams and its fans, Pittsburgh has much more than professional sports to draw new residents and keep loyal ones in town. The iconic steel city has experienced a renaissance in the 21st century, building a new tech industry and witnessing an influx of new residents.
With a low cost of living, substantial job opportunities, and a large number of colleges and cultural attractions, Pittsburgh has been named "America's Most Livable City" several times by Forbes and The Economist in the last five years. Whether people have recently relocated to Pittsburgh, or are lifelong residents, many find a need to use for self storage in Pittsburgh at some time.
Using Self Storage When Moving to Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh is on the move with thousands of new residents relocating to the city each year. Many make the move to pursue new jobs in the city's growing tech, medical, and educational sectors.
Google, Apple, and Intel top the 1,600 technology firms with offices in Pittsburgh. The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center is the largest employer in the area, with 48,000 employees. Medical research is an influential industry in the area, with the presence of several research universities, hospitals, and biomedical companies. Also, eight Fortune 500 companies and six of the top 300 U.S. law firms keep their headquarters in Pittsburgh.
With so much burgeoning industry, along with a low cost of living and desirable city amenities, many people are making the move to Pittsburgh. When it comes to finding a new home in a new city, the transition can be challenging. Many people use mini storage in Pittsburgh to make their move easier as they coordinate moving dates, work start dates, and other details.
When renting storage during a move, look for these features:
- Short-Term Rental Agreement: Hopefully you won't be in transition for long. A flexible lease at a Pittsburgh storage facility can ensure that you don't rent space for longer than you'll need it.
- Drive-Up Access: Make the move easier by renting a Pittsburgh storage unit with drive-up access. You can back your moving truck up to your storage unit, making it much easier to move large appliances and bulky furniture.
- Additional Security Features: Since you're storing all of your belongings, you may want to choose a unit that provides advanced security features like alarmed units, video surveillance, or on-site management to give you peace of mind.
Self Storage for College Students in Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh has been called "America's Smartest City," thanks to the 68 colleges and universities found there. The University of Pittsburgh, Carnegie Mellon University, Chatham University, and Duquesne University are just a few of the institutions that draw thousands of students to the city.
Students arrive from all over the country and the state of Pennsylvania for college. When students have to move out of campus housing over the summer, many choose to store their college necessities in a Pittsburgh storage locker, rather than moving it all home and then bringing it back in a few months. College students who use Pittsburgh mini storage over the summer can save themselves a lot of hassle and also money, as renting storage may cost less than moving all of their belongings twice.
Here are some tips for college students looking to store their dorm essentials:
- Most students only need a small unit, such as a 5x5 or 5x10, to store items from a dorm room. If you're looking for more space, consider sharing a storage unit with a friend or roommate to save money.
- A short-term rental agreement is a good idea for students who only need to store belongings for a few months. Then you will only pay for storage as long as you are actually using it.
- Look for Pittsburgh storage facilities that offer promotions like a free moving truck with unit rental or a discount on the first month's rent to save money.
Gain More Living Space with Self Storage in Pittsburgh
Sometimes, people just need more space at home. Maybe you have outgrown your current space with the addition of children or other family members to the household. Perhaps you have a hobby that requires bulky equipment or supplies. You might live in a smaller apartment in an urban area and need more space for recreational equipment or excess belongings.
Whatever the reason, you can use Pittsburgh mini storage to help clear rarely used items from your home and create more living space. Renting self storage is more economical than moving into a larger home or apartment, so to make the most of your current space, use self storage to store seasonal clothing, holiday decorations, documents and files, recreational equipment, extra furniture, and more.
Look for these features when renting long-term self storage:
- Location: Location will help determine the cost of your storage unit. If you do not need to access your belongings very often, you can save money by renting at an outlying facility. If you need to make more frequent trips to your storage unit, you will want to choose a location close to your home. Also, your unit's location within the facility can make a difference in price. Units on upper floors usually cost less, but if you have large or heavy items to store, you may want a unit on the first floor with drive-up access.
- Extended Hours: You will probably want to find a storage facility with extended hours in the evenings and on the weekends to make it more convenient to access your belongings. Some Pittsburgh storage facilities provide 24-hour access.
Self Storage for Pittsburgh Small Businesses
Pittsburgh's economic upswing makes it an ideal location for starting and operating a small business. In fact, many start-ups in the tech and medical research sectors select Pittsburgh as the home of their young companies because of the economic opportunities in the area.
Any small business is probably looking to keep costs down as it grows, and self storage is a smart solution for many companies that need more space. Rather than renting a larger office space, many local businesses rent a Pittsburgh self storage unit to house equipment, office supplies, records, or inventory.
Beneficial self storage features for small businesses:
- Security: When storing valuable business investments like inventory, furniture, and electronics, you may want to choose a facility with additional security features like video surveillance, alarmed units, or on-site management.
- Climate Control: Extreme temperatures can damage sensitive items like electronics, paper documents, or inventory. Because Pittsburgh weather fluctuates between hot and humid conditions in the 90s in the summer and sub-freezing temperatures as low as -19 degrees in the winter, you may want to rent a climate-controlled storage unit in Pittsburgh to protect your assets. Climate control will maintain moderate temperatures and humidity levels in your unit, with temperatures remaining between 55–85 degrees.
- Business Center: Some Pittsburgh storage facilities provide amenities for business owners, such as meeting rooms, Wi-Fi, and electrical outlets inside storage units to help them conduct business while at the facility.
RESERVE YOUR PITTSBURGH STORAGE UNIT TODAY!
Thank you for visiting Storage.com. If you have found a storage unit in Pittsburgh that fits your needs, you can rent it today by reserving it online, or call in to speak with a storage representative.