Looking for self storage in Harrisburg, PA? Consider your search over! Here at Storage.com, we equip you with the means to find, compare, and even rent storage units in Harrisburg in one convenient location. We give you the means to filter your search by storage facility location, unit size, features, and price. And once you've found the perfect Harrisburg storage facility for your needs, you can rent your unit from the convenience of your computer or mobile device.
COMMON REASONS FOR RENTING HARRISBURG SELF STORAGE
Whether you're relocating to Pennsylvania's Capitol City for work, living downtown, attending a nearby university, or are a member of the military, Harrisburg storage facilities can be a great benefit to you and your potential storage needs.
Moving to Harrisburg
Harrisburg is a great place to raise a family and find a job. With some of the top employers including the United States Federal Government, Penn State Hershey Medical Center, health insurance provider Highmark, and the nationally-loved Hershey Company food manufacturer, you may even find that there are more jobs than there are potential employees in the area.
Living in Harrisburg also puts you close to a pleasant mix of entertainment options, from Hersheypark to the Pennsylvania Farm Show agricultural exhibition, there is something for everyone in Harrisburg. The only thing that may not seem exciting about moving is the actual moving process—especially if you're moving to the area for a new job before having your new home lined up. Fortunately, there's Harrisburg self storage.
By renting a storage unit in Harrisburg, you can safely keep the majority of your belongings in one location. This way, you can refocus all the stress and energy of where to keep your belongings into your hunt for a new home.
Storage Features for Moving
- Drive-Up Access: Relocating often means packing up larger items and a significant amount of boxes, which can be time-consuming and draining to carry. Save yourself some work by finding a Harrisburg storage facility with drive-up access. This feature allows you to park your truck or trailer directly in front of your unit for easy unloading and loading.
- Security: Most first-time and returning storage renters have concerns over their items' safety during their time in storage. To know your items are safe, find a Harrisburg storage facility with strong security features such as gated access, video surveillance, or on-site management. These features will deter any risk of vandalism or theft.
- Short-term Rentals: You'll hopefully only take a couple weeks to find your new home, so why pay for long-term storage? Many storage facilities in Harrisburg offer short-term rental agreements, so you will only have to pay for the time you need and nothing more.
Living in Downtown Harrisburg
Downtown Harrisburg, otherwise known as Center City, is not only the focal point for the area's government and business, but it also a place for people to live and play. Downtown Harrisburg is home to both the Central Business District, which includes the Pennsylvania State Capitol Complex, but it also includes Market Square.
Living downtown also puts you close to shopping spots like Strawberry Square and The Shops on Third, as well as Restaurant Row, which is where most of Harrisburg's nightlife takes place. Being so close to a place where you can both work and play, however, comes at a higher cost.
If you can't afford a large enough apartment for all your things, you may have to downsize your belongings, but who wants to do that? Rather than get rid of your stuff, rent a Harrisburg storage unit that's nearby to store all your non-essential items that would otherwise clutter your apartment.
Amenities for Downtown Living
- Unit Size: Most apartment renters could do with a spare closet to store their seasonal clothes, recreational gear, or decorations. Storage units in Harrisburg can be found in 5x5 and 5x10 sizes, which are comparable to most walk-in closets and suitable for keeping these additional items.
- Location: If you need frequent access to your belongings, then be sure to find a Harrisburg storage facility that is in or near downtown. This way, you can avoid travelling across town just to grab any documents, equipment, or other items in storage that you might need readily available.
- Climate Control: If you're storing items over the course of the year, you should keep the weather in mind. Harrisburg experiences the weather of all four seasons, from hot and humid summers to snowy and cold winters. Temperature changes can warp wooden furniture, fry electronics, and even promote mildew and mold growth. Find a climate-controlled storage unit in Harrisburg, which will maintain a constant temperature and humidity level, to prevent any irreparable weather damage.
Attending College In and Near Harrisburg
The Harrisburg area hosts more than 20 colleges and universities, including the Harrisburg University of Science and Technology, Messiah's College, and Temple University. If you're one of the thousands of college students living in a nearby apartment or university housing, you know how great it is to reside near your school and friends.
What isn't too great, however, is when the summer break comes, and you have a dorm or apartment full of things that you have to haul back home—especially if you're from out of town. Rather than over pack your car for the trek home just to repeat the process a couple months later, consider using Harrisburg self storage.
By finding a Harrisburg storage facility near your campus, you can store all your larger or unneeded items in town over the summer break, where they'll be ready and waiting for you to pick up when classes resume in the fall.
College Storage Features
- Month-to-Month Leasing: As you're only going to need storage for a couple of months, why get caught up in a long-term contract? Fortunately, most Harrisburg storage facilities offer month-to-month leasing, so you only have to pay for the time you need.
- Climate Control: The area can experience hot and humid summers, which can do irreparable damage. High temperatures can cause plastics to melt, while humidity can fade documents and even promote mold growth. Use a Harrisburg storage unit with climate control to keep your things in a maintained temperature and humidity level.
- Unit Size: A 10x10 Harrisburg storage unit can hold the contents of a living room, which should be more than enough room to store any dorm room furniture, clothes, or recreational gear that you may want to store away over the summer break.
Military Storage in Harrisburg
Pennsylvania's Capital City has a long history of military involvement. Other than the military and federal government being one of the top employers in the area, this connection can also be seen in the number of installations found in the area.
The Harrisburg area hosts the Carlisle Barracks, home to the United States Army War College; Fort Indiantown Gap, home of the Eastern Army National Guard Aviation Training Sites and Northeast Counterdrug Training Center; the Defense Logistics Agency's Eastern Distribution Center; the Harrisburg Air Guard Base, home of the 193rd Special Operations Wing; and the Naval Supply Systems Command.
If you're one of the many military members stationed in and around Harrisburg and living in military housing, you know that space can be tight for all of your belongings. You can also be deployed out of town for months at a time, leaving you no place to keep your things in the mean time. Harrisburg self storage offers a solution to both these problems by giving you additional space to place all your things.
Storage Amenities for Military Storage
- Vehicle Storage: For many people, their car is one personal belonging they don't want to part with. If you're being deployed, but don't want to get rid of your vehicle, find a Harrisburg storage facility that offers vehicle storage. These units can be outdoors, indoors, or covered and will give you a secure place to park your vehicle while you're deployed.
- Security: Whether you're using Harrisburg self storage to expand your space at home or to keep your things while you're deployed, you're going to want to know your stuff is safe. Find a Harrisburg storage facility with security features such as gated access, video surveillance, on-site management, and even individually-alarmed units to ensure your items are secure during their stay.
- Climate Control: Any long-term self storage in Harrisburg should take the weather into account. With hot, humid summers and cold and snowy winters, the temperature changes can fade documents and photos, fry electronics, or warp wooden items. Harrisburg storage facilities with climate control can provide a maintained temperature and humidity level, keeping your items in an environment to protect their condition.
RENT YOUR HARRISBURG SELF STORAGE TODAY
Thank you for using Storage.com to find your new Harrisburg storage unit! If you've found a unit and facility that meets your needs, you can rent it directly online through us. Should you have any further questions, call in to one of our storage representatives, and they'll be happy to provide you with any assistance you may need.