Do you need self storage in Cleveland, OH? With Storage.com, you can find storage facilities in Cleveland and compare them by location, pricing, available unit sizes, amenities, and more. You can even reserve a unit you like directly on our website! Let Storage.com help you find the best storage solution for your needs today.
COMMON REASONS FOR USING SELF STORAGE IN CLEVELAND
Whether you're moving to "The Forest City" for work or school or you're a long-time Cleveland resident, you'll might find yourself pressed for space at some point. With a Cleveland storage unit, you can eliminate clutter, make moving easier, and protect items that need extra security.
Relocating to Cleveland
Located on the shores of Lake Erie, the city of Cleveland boasts unique architecture, such as the St. Theodosius Orthodox Cathedral and Key Tower, spots from famous films like A Christmas Story, and a big manufacturing industry led by major companies like Applied Industrial Technologies, KeyCorp, and Forest City Enterprises. There is also a strong local market for health care with Cleveland Clinic being the city's largest private employer and other clinics like MetroHealth and Medical Mutual of Ohio also in the area.
If you're relocating to Cleveland, whether it's for new employment or a change of scenery, you may need storage to help with the transition, especially if you aren't able to get settled in a permanent home by the time your new job starts. Fortunately, Cleveland mini storage is perfect for this very reason, as it can give you a place to keep furniture, appliances, and other household belongings until you can get situated.
Storage features to consider when moving:
Living in Downtown Cleveland
One of the advantages to living in Downtown Cleveland is you're close to the action in the Financial District and Cleveland Theater District with a plethora of restaurants, bars, and entertainment venues at your disposal! The area constantly has new apartments and condos in development, too, so it's easy for residents to get the downtown pad they've always dreamed of. On the downside, living in Downtown Cleveland is expensive because of its demand. Many apartment renters opt for smaller spaces to save money often at the expense of usable living space.
If you live in a downtown apartment and want more space for your belongings, renting Cleveland self storage is a much more affordable option compared to upgrading to a larger apartment or condo.
Storage features to consider when living downtown:
- Unit Size: In most cases, a 5x5 or 5x10 storage unit will suffice to help you get more apartment space. These units are very similar to walk-in closets and can hold a mattress set, small furniture, and boxes.
- Facility Location: Since the point of living downtown for many residents is convenience and proximity to work and play, you'll want to find a Cleveland storage facility that's close to where you live. After all, you wouldn't want to hop in your car and drive half an hour out of your way just to switch out seasonal clothing, would you?
- Storage Security: Because downtown areas have large populations, the potential for crime is much higher. For the utmost protection for you and your belongings, make sure your storage facility has good security.
College Storage in Cleveland
Apart from Cuyahoga Community College and Cleveland State University, Cleveland is also home to prestigious schools that cater to specific fields of study. Aspiring artists and musicians are drawn to Cleveland Institute of Art and Cleveland Institute of Music whereas students interested in new discoveries and scientific progress gravitate toward Case Western Reserve University, which specializes in biotechnology and fuel cell research.
School can be hard on college students, especially when it comes to personal finances. In paying for your education and whatever books and supplies your courses require, you might end up a little low when it comes to money for living. Many college students stay in dorm rooms on campus, share an apartment with a friend, or buy a house with multiple roommates to save money, which means little room for personal belongings. Whether it's just over summer break or throughout the year, college students can rent storage units to get more space for an affordable cost.
Storage features to consider for college storage:
- Short-Term Rental Agreements: If you're an out-of-state student renting storage who plans to return home for the summer, it would be inconvenient and expensive to rent a unit year-round (unless you need it). Most facilities offer month-to-month leasing options, so you only need to pay for storage as long as you need it.
- Facility Location: As a college student, you'll likely be facing a hectic schedule. Why not take several minutes off that busy schedule by renting at a self storage facility in Cleveland that's close to where you live? This will save you the time of commuting halfway across town whenever you need to pick something up.
- Pricing: If you're trying to save money, you can always share a storage unit with a friend and split the costs. Also, be sure to ask storage facilities if they offer student discounts or free moving supplies.
Whether you live downtown and have to pay outrageous monthly costs for a parking stall, or you live in the suburbs but don't want to keep an additional vehicle in your driveway or the street, vehicle storage in Cleveland may be your answer. With options for auto, boat, and RV storage, you can store just about any vehicle.
When it comes to vehicle storage, you have a few options:
- Outdoor storage is the most affordable option and offers no protection from the elements.
- Covered storage is slightly more expensive and provides some shelter from the elements.
- Indoor storage is the most expensive option and provides complete protection from the elements.
Storage features to consider when storing a vehicle:
- 24-Hour Access: The last thing you want happening is intending to grab your vehicle from your storage facility only to find out that it's closed. Find a vehicle storage facility in Cleveland with round-the-clock access so you can get to your car, motorcycle, boat, or RV on your own time, not the facility's.
- Climate Control: Anyone storing a classic car or sports car will want climate-controlled storage for their vehicle. This feature will prevent weather-related damages like premature rusting on the car's exterior.
- Wide-Drive Aisles: Boat and RV owners in particular will appreciate a storage facility with wide-drive aisles, as it means there are fewer chances of backing your trailer/vehicle into a building or another vehicle.
RESERVE YOUR CLEVELAND STORAGE UNIT TODAY
Thanks for visiting Storage.com for your storage needs! If you've found a storage unit you like, reserve it now on our website. If you have any questions, please call our storage representatives, who would be happy to help.