Are you looking for self storage in Reno, NV? Storage.com has the answer! Our site helps you search, find, and rent storage within minutes. You can compare storage units based on size, location, price, and features. Whatever your storage needs, Storage.com is here to help.
COMMON REASONS FOR USING SELF STORAGE IN RENO
Reno is a lively community known for its casinos, mountains, and resorts. Whether you are moving for work or school, or need a place to store your recreational equipment, Reno self storage can help you accomplish your goals and protect your belongings.
Relocating to Reno
With an average of 300 days of sunshine every year and a beautiful climate, the "Biggest Little City in the World" attracts visitors and new residents year-round. The birthplace of the Caesars Entertainment Corporation, the city still houses many casinos and resorts and draws thousands of people each year for the tourism opportunities.
Reno has transformed into a community that supports many other industries, as well. The headquarters for many corporations like Braeburn Capital, Hamilton, and PC-Doctor are based in Reno. With its proximity to the Northern California tech landscape, its low taxes, and availability of real estate, many start-ups have moved into Reno and companies like Apple and Tesla are looking to open a data center and a battery factory, respectively.
If you are moving to Reno for work, remember: relocating to a new city for work is stressful enough without having to worry about what to do with all of your belongings as you look for a new home. Keeping your household items in Reno mini storage can help ease the transition while you find a new place to live. A Reno storage unit will allow you to store your belongings and take your time finding the right home. With flexible leases, you can keep your belongings in storage as long as you need and make the moving process less demanding.
Storage features to consider when relocating:
- Drive-Up Access: Unload heavy items like furniture and appliances quickly and safely by driving your car or moving truck right up to your storage unit.
- Short-Term Rental Agreements: Hopefully finding a new home won't take too long. Look for Reno storage facilities that offer weekly or monthly leases so you don't pay for storage longer than you need it.
- Security: Since you will be storing the majority of your possessions, you may want to look for a Reno storage facility that offers advanced security features like unit alarms, video surveillance, or on-site management to give you peace of mind while you learn about the area.
Storage for College Students
Reno attracts many college students for the academic programs and the enjoyable environs. The University of Nevada, Reno is located just to the north of downtown and enrolls over 16,000 students. It has been ranked in the top 200 universities by US News, attracting students from across the state and beyond.
Renting a storage unit can help make the transition to college life a little easier. Students don't usually have a lot of space in their dorm room or shared apartment, so a storage locker in Reno can allow them to store recreational equipment, seasonal clothing, or extra furniture. Renting a unit over the summer can take the pressure out of packing and moving belongings home for summer break. Many students save money and energy by renting Reno mini storage over the summer months instead of moving trucks to take everything home and then bring it back a couple of months later.
Storage features for college students to consider:
- Unit Size: A 5x5 unit can easily store a desk, dresser, and a few boxes. For a more budget-friendly option, consider renting a unit with a friend and sharing the space and the costs.
- Climate Control: Reno is known for its big summer thunderstorms and moderate snowfall in the winter. Keep your items safe and dry in a climate-controlled unit, where humidity is kept low and temperatures are maintained between 55–85°F.
- Security: Most storage facilities feature gated access and unit locks. For added peace of mind, you may want to look for a Reno storage facility with video surveillance, unit alarms, or on-site management.
Reno is known for its casinos and gambling, but it has grown into a destination for outdoor adventures, as well. In the winter, grab your skis or ice skates and go up to one of the 15 ski resorts just a short drive away in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. During the summer, hike up to Lake Tahoe or ride the bike paths around the resorts. Try your hand at windsurfing at Washoe Lake, or white water rafting down the Truckee River.
Reno hosts a number of events during the summer months, including the Hot August Nights car convention, the Great Reno Balloon Race, and the National Championship Air Races. Bring your own classic car or motorcycle for the conventions, and then see "the world's fastest motor sport" and attend the air races.
Whatever the time of year, you can always find something to do in Reno. When you are not using your equipment to take advantage of the natural beauty and events in the area, you can store your gear in a Reno storage locker so it's safe and out of the way.
Storage features to consider:
- 24-Hour Access: With so many things to do in Reno, you never know when you might want to go skiing or white water rafting. Find a storage facility with 24-hour access so you can come and go as you please.
- Unit Size: Measure your gear to determine how much space you will need. If you have skis or a snowboard to store in the summer and camping equipment to store in the winter, a 5x5 is probably large enough. If you have a motorcycle or snowmobile, and some other seasonal items, you will need a larger unit.
- Proximity: Find a storage unit near the place you like to use your equipment, like the Truckee River or the base of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, so that you can pick up your gear on your way to your way and get to your destination quicker.
Vehicle Storage for Cars, Boats, and RVs
Between the classic car culture in Reno and all of the outdoor destinations, there are plenty of opportunities to enjoy recreational vehicles in western Nevada. The Sierra Nevada Mountains are only a short drive away from Reno, and offer many places to hike, boat, and camp. You can spend a couple days camping and boating at Lake Tahoe or Pyramid Lake, or drive your RV to see other nearby sites, like Yosemite National Park.
Finding storage at home for your big equipment can be difficult. Renting Reno vehicle storage can keep your boat, RV, or classic car safe and out of the way until your next outing.
Storage options for RVs and vehicles:
- Outdoor storage is the most affordable option, but provides no protection from the elements.
- Covered storage is a little more expensive, but provides some protection from the weather.
- Indoor storage is the most expensive, but provides the most protection from both weather and theft.
RENT YOUR RENO STORAGE UNIT TODAY!
Thank you for visiting Storage.com to find Reno self storage. Rent your unit right here on our website, or call in to speak to a Storage.com representative.