Are you looking for self storage in St. Louis, MO? Storage.com can help you find, compare, and rent St. Louis storage units all at one site. With our listings, you can learn about facility locations, unit sizes, prices, and storage features. Once you've found the solution for your storage needs, you can rent it quickly and easily at Storage.com.
COMMON REASONS FOR USING SELF STORAGE IN ST. LOUIS
Living in the Gateway to the West can open you to a world of opportunity. Home to eight Fortune 500 companies, a thriving downtown scene, and two major universities, it's easy to see why so many people are heading to St. Louis.
Finding a place to live in St. Louis may not be difficult or expensive, with the average cost of downtown apartments around $850, but finding more space can be a challenge. A St. Louis storage unit can give you a place to keep your things during a move and help you take better advantage of the limited space in your home. Self storage can also help on-base military personnel keep their things safe while stationed in the area or deployed overseas.
Relocating for Work
With multiple Fortune 500 companies, such as Anheuser-Busch, Emerson Electric, and Charter Communications calling St. Louis home, many people move to the area to pursue job opportunities. As you look for a new home, you may need to rent a St. Louis storage locker to make your shift to a new location easier.
A place to store your belongings can be a big relief as you line up details for a new job and a new home. Also, you may not have enough space in a new or temporary residence to hold everything that you brought along. Self storage can make your transition less stressful by ensuring that you have a safe place to store your possessions while learning about your new environment and making necessary arrangements.
Some self storage features to consider when relocating to St. Louis:
- Short-Term Rental: Many facilities offer both long- and short-term rental agreements. Month-to-month storage agreements give you the freedom to rent for as long or as short as you need.
- Drive-Up Access: Drive-up access allows you to come and go from your storage unit with ease. As the name says, you can drive a moving truck right up to the entrance of your unit for quick unloading and loading. This means no stairs, elevators, or long hallways when moving all of your possessions and large, bulky furniture.
- Advanced Security Features: During a move, you may not want to keep all of your larger valuables like TVs, furniture, or sound system equipment with you at all times. Choose a St. Louis storage facility with features like coded access, video surveillance, unit alarms, or on-site management so you can rest assured, knowing your belongings will be safe from theft.
When Living in Downtown St. Louis
Living in the downtown area of St. Louis is fulfilling for people who want to be close to popular attractions like the Gateway Arch, the lively bar scene around Laclede's Landing, or blues venues in Soulard. However, a downtown apartment isn't always the best way to get a lot of living space for your money. Downtown St. Louis is less expensive than many other cities, but space is still rented at a premium in desirable downtown areas.
St. Louis mini storage is a smart solution for people who want to live in a downtown setting but need additional space for their belongings. Rather than paying for a larger apartment, many people save money by renting a unit in a downtown St. Louis storage facility to store seasonal clothing, holiday decorations, personal files, recreational equipment, and more.
If you are planning on living downtown and are considering self storage, features to keep in mind are:
- 24-Hour Access: Being able to get your things when it's convenient for you is important when it comes to self storage. No one wants to have to plan a day around making a trip to the storage unit. By finding a storage facility that has 24-hour access, you never have to worry about when you will be able to get to your belongings.
- Additional Security: When you keep your belongings at a downtown storage facility, you want to make sure that they are going to be safe. With facility security features like coded access, unit alarms, video surveillance, or on-site management, you'll always leave your storage unit knowing that your valuables are protected.
Attending a University in St. Louis
St. Louis is home to two of the larger private universities in the country, with St. Louis University and Washington University enrolling 13,505 and 14,163 students, respectively. Located close to downtown, both schools host more than 50% of their students in on-campus housing.
When summer vacation arrives, many students need to move out of the dorms and find a temporary place for their college furnishings. Taking everything home can be a hassle and often requires a truck or trailer to move everything in one trip. Instead, many students rent a self storage unit in St. Louis to keep their belongings near campus until they return to school in the fall.
As a college student, consider these tips when looking for a self storage unit in St. Louis:
- You know that you may not be using storage for longer than the summer, so check to see if storage facilities offer month-by-month leasing options.
- Share a storage unit with a friend or roommate and split the costs. Since all of you will be coming back to campus around the same time, keeping your things together will make your move simpler and cheaper.
- Since St. Louis can be hot and humid in the summers, look for a climate-controlled storage unit. This will help keep sensitive items like electronics, clothing, or books safe from drastic changes in temperature and humidity.
Living at Scott Air Force Base
Living on base has its benefits, but there is one major drawback: lack of space. While being on base is convenient for the families of those who serve, having enough room for all of your belongings can be challenging. If you are currently living at Scott Air Force Base but are still looking for a little bit of additional space for while you're home and away, consider a storage facility that offers these features:
- Vehicle Storage: When you are deployed, your vehicle can often sit idle for months. St. Louis vehicle storage is an easy way to protect your vehicle from the elements and to keep it protected from theft.
- Climate-Controlled Storage: If you don't know how long you will be away, consider a climate-controlled storage unit in St. Louis to keep your belongings safe during the hot summers and cold winters.
- Additional Security: Security features like coded access, video surveillance, unit alarms, or on-site management can help ensure that your belongings are safe in storage whether you are at home, at training, or overseas.
ST. LOUIS VEHICLE STORAGE
With long winter months, St. Louis residents who own a boat, RV, or additional cars often need to find a place to keep these valuable possessions while saving room in the driveway and garage for their daily driver. Many St. Louis storage facilities offer vehicle storage, which will provide protection without having to spend a fortune.
Three options for vehicle storage are:
- Outdoor: Outdoor storage is usually the most affordable vehicle storage choice.
- Covered: Also outdoors, covered storage offers some protection from the elements.
- Indoor: Usually the most costly, indoor storage offers the most protection from both weather conditions and theft.
PROTECTING YOUR BELONGINGS WITH CLIMATE CONTROL
If you're from St. Louis, then you understand the fact that the weather can be unpredictable. Fall can sometimes feel like spring and winter can drag out for months on end. Because of this, taking advantage of climate-controlled storage in St. Louis is a necessity if you plan on storing valuables that can be impacted by the weather.
Items like electronics, musical instruments, antiques, wood furniture, paper documents, photos, and books can be affected by extreme temperatures and humidity. Climate control keeps your unit between 55–85 degrees with low humidity, ensuring that your belongings stay protected.
RENT MINI STORAGE IN ST. LOUIS TODAY
Thank you for checking out Storage.com! If you've found the St. Louis storage unit that fits your needs, you can reserve it online now or call in to speak with a storage representative.