If you are looking for a storage unit in Kansas City, Storage.com has the answer to your storage needs. Our site helps you search and compare Kansas City storage units based on price, unit size, location, and amenities. Whatever your storage needs, Storage.com is here to help you find the right space and reserve it quickly and easily.
COMMON REASONS FOR USING SELF STORAGE IN KANSAS CITY
Kansas City is a major center of jazz, blues, and barbecue that offers a rich local culture and a wide variety of attractions. Whether you are moving to Kansas City for business opportunities, need more space at your Kansas City home, or are attending one of the many universities or sporting events, you can find a storage unit that fits your needs.
Relocating to Kansas City
With its central location, inviting neighborhoods, and cultural heritage, Kansas City welcomes new residents every year. Kansas City offers many job opportunities, making it a destination for many people seeking to expand their careers. It houses one of ten regional offices for the United States Federal Government as well as the regional headquarters of the Federal Reserve Bank. More than 30 various businesses and associations like the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics, AMC Theaters, and H&R Block are based in Kansas City. Also, as the home of the Kansas City Blues and Jazz Festival and many renowned entertainment venues like the Blue Room, the city attracts many musicians looking to further their careers.
If you are relocating to the area for any line of work, a Kansas City storage unit can help ease the burden of the move as you hunt for a new home. It can be challenging to get all the logistics of a relocation perfectly aligned, so if you need to start your new job, but you haven't found a place to live yet, you can rent a Kansas City storage locker to keep your possessions nearby until you find the perfect place. Also, if you find yourself with just a few days or weeks between leases or closing dates, you can use Kansas City mini storage for the short period of time you are between homes.
Storage features to consider when relocating to Kansas City:
- Short-Term Rental Agreement: With Kansas City's strong real estate market, finding a place to live hopefully won't take long. A short-term lease can give you the flexibility of renting a unit on a weekly or monthly basis so you don't have to pay for storage longer than you will use it.
- Drive-Up Access: If you are moving your entire household into a Kansas City storage unit, you will probably want to make sure it has drive-up access. Then, you can unload your heavy items like furniture and appliances quickly and safely by driving your moving truck right up to your unit!
- Location: Find a storage facility in the area of Kansas City where you want to live, whether it is the jazz center of 18th and Vine or the Country Club Plaza neighborhood. Because the city spans the Missouri River and has neighborhoods in both Missouri and Kansas, you will want to decide on your areas of interest in the city to help you choose the best location for your storage unit and your future home.
Self Storage for Students
Kansas City is home to more than ten universities including the University of Missouri-Kansas City, Rockhurst University, and the Kansas City Art Institute. A storage unit can be very helpful for students moving to the city to study. Store seasonal clothing, dorm furniture, school supplies, and recreational equipment in Kansas City mini storage while you are away during summer break or when you need more space in your room. A storage unit in Kansas City can reduce the hassle of packing everything up and driving home only to repeat the process again in a few months.
Storage features to students to consider:
- Climate Control: Kansas City's hot, humid summers can damage your wooden furniture, electronics, books, and photos while you are away. Renting a climate-controlled storage unit in Kansas City protects your possessions in a low-humidity setting that is maintained at 55–85°F year-round.
- Unit Size: A 5x5 unit will hold essential college items for your dorm room, including a desk, dresser, and a few boxes. To make self storage more budget-friendly, consider renting a storage unit with a friend.
- Security Features: Most storage facilities are equipped with basic security measures such as unit locks and gated access so you can have some peace of mind while you're away. If you are concerned about the safety of your possessions, look for a Kansas City storage facility with advanced security features like unit alarms, video surveillance, or onsite management.
Kansas City's beautiful weather makes it great for outdoor activities in the spring, summer, and fall. Visit one of the 214 urban parks to play baseball or soccer, or take a stroll through the Kansas City Zoo. This "City of Fountains" boasts more than 200 fountains across the metro area, giving you the chance to hop on your bike and see several of them in one ride. Whether you need to store your equipment in the winter months or need a convenient location to hold all your equipment when you're not out and about, a storage unit can help.
Features to consider when storing recreational equipment:
- Unit Size: Storage units are available in a variety of sizes according to your needs. A 5x5 unit is perfect for storing small equipment for football, baseball, tennis, or golf, whereas 10x5 units are great for store bigger items like canoes, bikes, camping equipment, or barbecue grills.
- Location: Find a storage facility close to home or near a favorite outdoor venue. Storage.com can help locate the most convenient place so you can access your gear easily.
- 24-Hour Access: You may want to access your equipment early in the morning for a sunrise ride, or you may need to return your equipment after-hours if activities run late. A Kansas City storage facility with 24-hour access will allow you to pick up or drop off your equipment whenever you need, giving your more options for recreational trips.
Kansas City has a long history of sports, and is still as passionate about them today. Kansas City fans support all their teams, whether they are cheering for the Chiefs, Royals, or Sporting Kansas City. Kansas City plays host to many sporting tournaments as well, most notably the Big 12 Basketball Tournaments. Playing in a tournament can mean bringing a lot of team equipment. Rent a storage unit in Kansas City and store the team equipment in one safe location.
Features to consider when storing team equipment:
- Security Features: Storage facilities are available with a variety of security features from unit locks and gated access, to unit alarms, video surveillance, and onsite management.
- Proximity: Find a storage unit close to your hotel, the Sprint Center, Arrowhead Stadium, or wherever your tournament will take place. Keeping your team's equipment in one close location can help take the extra stress off of competing.
- 24-Hour Access: Tournaments are hectic with thousands of people coming and going, and games playing into overtime. Rent a storage facility with 24-hour access so you can get into your storage unit no matter how late the games go.
RENT YOUR KANSAS CITY SELF STORAGE TODAY!
Thanks for visiting Storage.com to find Kansas City mini storage. Reserve your unit right here on our site in a matter of minutes, or call in to speak with a storage representative.