Looking for a storage facility in Baton Rouge, LA? Welcome to Storage.com! We're here to help you find the storage unit that best fits your needs. Use our site to search, compare, and rent self storage within minutes based on location, unit size, price, and amenities. When you've found the unit for you, renting it is easy—you can reserve it right here at Storage.com!
COMMON REASONS FOR USING SELF STORAGE IN BATON ROUGE
Whether you are relocating to Baton Rouge for work, going to school at Louisiana State University, needing to store seasonal items, or looking for some extra space, we're here to help you find a storage unit in Baton Rouge that suits your needs.
Relocating to Baton Rouge
With a warm and sunny climate, a good mix of urban and outdoor amenities, and several industries fueling the economy, Baton Rouge offers many opportunities to its residents.
With companies such as ExxonMobil, Albemarle, Dow Chemical Company, and NanYa Technology Corporation maintaining facilities or headquarters in Baton Rouge, the city has a thriving petrochemical production and manufacturing industry. It's also home to a robust medical research community, a blossoming motion picture industry, and is the political hub for Louisiana as the "Capital City." The healthy job market, fueled by a variety of industries, has helped Baton Rouge grow into an economic center of the south, and the population has grown along with the opportunities.
Regardless of why you're moving to Baton Rouge, relocating is an exciting experience, albeit a stressful one. Use self storage in Baton Rouge to help ease the strain of moving. By storing all of your household items in Baton Rouge mini storage, you can take more time to find the perfect place to live without worrying about your belongings. Once you've found your new home, you can move your belongings into your new place from your storage unit according to your own timeline.
Helpful storage amenities when relocating:
- Drive-Up Access: Work smarter, not harder, when relocating by renting a Baton Rouge storage unit with drive-up access. You can easily load and unload heavy or bulky items by driving a truck right up to the door of your unit.
- Short-Term Rental Agreement: If all goes well, you won't be transitioning for long. Look for a storage facility in Baton Rouge that offers flexible leases that allow you to rent on a monthly or weekly basis. This way, you're not stuck in a lease and paying for storage longer than you need it.
- Climate Control: Baton Rouge is humid and hot in the summer, which doesn't mix well with sensitive belongings like electronics, wood furniture, photos, and more. Consider a unit with climate control that will keep your unit between 55–85°F with low humidity so your belongings stay safe, cool, and dry.
Living in Downtown Baton Rouge
Downtown Baton Rouge is a hot place to live and we're not just talking about the climate. This part of the city is the cultural center of the community, attracting fans of the arts, city heritage, culture, and sports. Thanks to the symphony, galleries, and shows in Baton Rouge River Center and Perkins Rowe District, the history and variety of cultures in Spanish Town, and the LSU Tigers defending their turf in Death Valley, downtown Baton Rouge has something for everyone.
However, the ideal location can come at high cost so residents often have to choose between a smaller, expensive living space downtown or moving away from the city center to have enough space within their budget. This is where self storage in Baton Rouge is a valuable asset to help downtown residents live comfortably in their smaller spaces.
Storage features to consider when living in Downtown Baton Rouge:
- Downtown Location: Chances are you chose to live downtown to be close to everything, so logically your storage unit should be close by, too. Proximity and easy access is key when using storage to expand your living space, so look for a downtown Baton Rouge storage facility.
- Facility Security: If you're storing valuables in a downtown storage unit, you'll want to make sure they're safe. Most storage facilities offer basic security measures like gated access and unit locks, but if you'd like more protection for your peace of mind, look for advanced security features like video surveillance, alarmed units, and on-site management.
Self Storage for College Students
With Louisiana State University and five other institutes of higher learning located in Baton Rouge, students make up 20 percent of the city's population. Many students choose to live downtown because LSU is located in the heart of the city. No matter where you're living in Baton Rouge, college can be a rather cramped experience when you're living in close quarters.
Whether you're living in a dorm room on campus or are in an off-campus apartment with roommates, not having enough space is a common problem. Instead of finding a more spacious and expensive apartment or downsizing your belongings, consider a Baton Rouge storage unit for the things you don't always need.
Seasonal clothing, recreational equipment, and extra furniture take up valuable space that you don't have; keep them in a Baton Rouge storage locker until you need them. If you're going home for the summer, save yourself the stress of hauling everything home and bringing it back three months later by storing it in Baton Rouge mini storage until classes resume.
Storage features to consider for college students:
- Unit Size: For storing college essentials like bedding, a mini-fridge, school supplies, or dorm room décor, a 5x5 or 5x10 unit should do the trick. A 5x5 storage unit in Baton Rouge starts around $32 per month, with larger units costing more. Consider sharing a unit with a friend or roommate to make your storage more budget-friendly.
- Short-Term Rental Agreement: If you're only using self storage over the summer, look for a Baton Rouge storage facility that offers weekly or monthly rental agreements so you're not stuck in a lease paying for storage longer than you need it.
- Climate Control: If you're storing over the summer, look for a storage facility with climate-controlled units. Excessive heat or humidity—essentially Louisiana weather in general—can damage sensitive items like books, electronics, and more. A climate-controlled unit will remain between 55–85°F with low humidity so your belongings are safe.
Storing Recreational Equipment
Baton Rouge's climate and location are simply asking you to go out and take advantage of what the city has to offer. Located in the Mississippi River Delta and close to the coastline, Baton Rouge offers a lot of opportunities for canoeing, kayaking and other water sports. If water isn't your thing, but you like extremes, check out Perkins Road Community Park with a skate park, BMX bike tracks, rock climbing walls, and more.
When you're not out and about, store all your equipment in a Baton Rouge storage unit until your next adventure so you're not tripping over everything at home.
Amenities to consider when storing recreational equipment:
- Unit Size: Measure your gear before renting a unit to make sure you rent the size that you need. A 5x5 unit is perfect for storing golf clubs and rock climbing equipment and a 5x10 is great for larger items like BMX bikes, kayaks and more. Take a look at our interactive storage unit size guide for additional information.
- Facility Location: If you use your gear often, choose a storage facility that is close to home or close to the place you frequently use your recreational gear. You'll want your equipment nearby when you frequent the trails or golf courses instead of across town.
- 24-Hour Access: A facility with 24-hour access is key for spontaneous adventures. A storage facility with 24-hour access puts you in control so you can access your unit whenever you get the urge to hit the road or you're out later than planned.
Storing Seasonal Items
One reason Baton Rouge residents use self storage is to store seasonal items that take up valuable space in their homes. When it comes to holidays, Baton Rouge goes all out, and even Mardi Gras and Halloween have their own seasons. Join in the fun with your decorations and then store them in a storage unit until you need them again next year instead of packing spare bedrooms, closets, and your garage full of things you seldom use.
Along with your abundance of holiday decorations, you can store other things like out-of-season clothing, documents, and more in your storage unit.
Features to consider when storing seasonal items:
- Climate Control: If you're storing seasonal clothing and paper products, you'll want a climate-controlled storage unit in Baton Rouge so the heat and humidity don't damage your belongings.
- Unit Size: Measure everything you're storing so you rent the right sized unit for your belongings. A 5x5 or 5x10 unit is great for storing clothes and boxes of decorations, but if you're building or storing a Mardi Gras parade float, you'll want a 10x15 unit or larger.
RENT YOUR BATON ROUGE STORAGE UNIT TODAY!
Thanks for visiting Storage.com to find Baton Rouge self storage facilities. If you've found the storage unit you need, you can make your reservation right here on our site, or you can call in to speak with a storage representative.