Storage.com has the answer to your storage needs in Louisville, Kentucky. Our site helps you find, compare, and rent available self storage within minutes. You can evaluate units based on size, location, price, and features. Whatever your storage needs, Storage.com is here to help.
COMMON REASONS FOR USING SELF STORAGE IN LOUISVILLE, KENTUCKY
Whether you are moving to Louisville for work or school, or you already live in Louisville and need more room at home, Louisville self storage is the answer.
Relocating to Louisville
Louisville is famous for their baseball team, horse races, and bourbon. This "Gateway to the South" welcomes many new visitors and residents each year. Brown-Forman, the Louisville-based maker of Jack Daniel's, as well as eight other Kentucky bourbon distilleries, produce 95 percent of the world's supply of bourbon, drawing many aficionados to the area. Louisville offers more than distillery jobs, though, as it is home to three Fortune 1000 companies, and was listed as one of the top 15 emerging downtowns in 2013 by Forbes. Fortune 500 companies like Yum!Brands, Reynolds American, and Humana are also based in Louisville.
With a growing economy, Louisville is a great place to live, however relocating to a new city for work is stressful enough without having to worry about finding a place to store your belongings and moving them into your new home by a set date. Keeping your possessions in a storage unit can help ease the transition of the move while you find a new home. Renting a storage unit in Louisville allows you to take your time finding the right home and moving in. With flexible leases, you can keep your belongings in a storage unit as long or brief of a time as you need.
Storage features to consider when relocating:
- Drive-Up Access: Unload heavy items like furniture and appliances safely by driving your car or rental truck right up to the storage unit.
- Short-Term Rental Agreements: Hopefully finding a place to live won't take long. Look for Louisville storage facilities with weekly or monthly leases so you only pay for storage as long as you actually need it.
- Security Features: Since you may be storing the majority of your belongings, you'll want to know they are safe in your storage unit. Look for storage facilities in Louisville with advanced amenities like video surveillance, unit alarms, and on-site management.
Downtown living in Louisville is a great option because it's close to all the fun. There are over 100 festivals hosted in downtown Louisville including WorldFest, Forecastle, and the Thunder over Louisville. To experience the local culture, head over to Bardstown Road, or visit the historic Belle of Louisville, America's last true working Mississippi river steamboat. Visit the KFC Yum! Center and the Louisville Slugger Museum or take a trip to the historic Churchill Downs to experience the Kentucky Derby.
Living downtown means that you might not have the largest amount of space in your home. Renting a Louisville storage unit can give you the freedom to live downtown while keeping your extra furniture, clothing, and documents in a secure location that's easily accessible.
Storage features to consider when living downtown:
- Proximity: You live downtown to be close to everything, and that should include your storage unit, too. Search for Louisville mini storage near your home so you have easy access to your belongings inside.
- Climate Control: Louisville has a hot and humid climate in the summer and a rainy and snowy climate in the winter. These conditions can damage sensitive belongings like electronics, documents, photos, and more. Rent a Louisville storage unit with climate control and keep your items safe and dry in an environment that will stay between 55-85°F.
- 24-Hour Access: When using self storage to make your living space more comfortable, it needs to be convenient, as well. You need to be able to access your stored belongings when it works for your schedule, so look for a Louisville storage facility with extended hours or 24-hour access.
Storage for College Students
Louisville is a popular destination for students as it is home to more than 20 educational institutions. Whether you are attending the University of Louisville, Bellarmine University, or Spalding University, renting a storage unit can be very helpful for students moving to a new city. Store seasonal clothing, furniture, and sports equipment in a storage unit over the summer or during the school year if you need more space in your dorm room. Renting a Louisville storage unit can help take the pressure off of packing and moving your belongings back home for the summer only to move them back again in a few months.
Storage features for college students:
- Unit Size: Easily store your bed, dresser, and a few boxes in a 5x5 unit. For a more budget-friendly option, consider renting a storage unit with a friend and sharing the space and cost.
- Security Features: Search for storage facilities in Louisville with gated access, video surveillance, and unit locks. Knowing your belongings are safe can give your peace of mind while you're away.
Louisville's hot and humid summers do not stop people from spending time outdoors. Spend a day watching the Louisville Cardinals or Kentucky Wildcats take on their next opponent, or hit up one of the many golf courses throughout the city. Visit Jefferson Memorial Park, the nation's largest urban forest, or take your mountain bike out to Otter Creek Outdoor Recreation Area. Louisville has more than 122 city parks, providing a lot of space to play baseball, soccer, or volleyball. When you are not outside, you can store your equipment in a Louisville storage locker until you are ready to pull it out again.
Storage features to consider for recreational equipment:
- 24-Hour Access: You never know when you will feel the urge to ride your bike or play a round of golf. Look for a facility that offers 24-hour access so you can come and go as you please.
- Location: Find a storage facility near your favorite park so you can pick up your equipment and get to your destination quickly.
RENT YOUR LOUISVILLE STORAGE UNIT TODAY!
Thank you for visiting Storage.com to find Louisville self storage. If you've found the unit that's right for you, you can rent it right here on our website or call in to speak to a storage representative.