If you need self storage in South Daytona, FL, you can find a facility that meets all of your needs right here at Storage.com! You don't even need to pick up the phone—our site's search features allow you to find storage facilities in your city. You can read about their amenities and available units, and even make your reservations online. We are a one-stop shop for all of your self storage needs.
COMMON REASONS WHY PEOPLE USE SELF STORAGE IN SOUTH DAYTONA
Whether you're a current resident trying to create more space at home, a commuting student running out of apartment space, or someone relocating to South Daytona, self storage is the answer to finding more space without giving up your possessions.
Relocating or Moving to South Daytona
With its warm Florida climate, peaceful neighborhoods, numerous scenic parks, easy access to neighboring cities, and excellent shoreline view of the Halifax River, South Daytona has much to offer permanent residents, students, and tourists alike.
South Daytona, Daytona Beach, and Port Orange used to be part of the same metropolis, so public transportation between the three cities remains an important local feature and employer. Other top local employers include Warner Christian Academy, Publix, and Giles Electric. The close proximity of the three cities also means residents sometimes travel back and forth for work.
Moving to a new city and starting a new chapter in your life is exciting, as well as stressful. When moving, you'll have your hands full with home-hunting, learning the new neighborhood, and getting ready for your new job—you can relieve some of the stress by keeping your possessions in a South Daytona self storage unit. If the facility has adequate space and amenities, you can rest assured that your belongings will be safe, and you can focus on the more immediate priorities of moving to a new home and starting your new job. Once you're situated, then you can unpack at your leisure.
Storage amenities that are useful when relocating:
- Drive-Up Access: Unloading and unpacking during a move is both time-consuming and stressful. Why invest the time and energy to haul your furniture, shipping boxes, and other large items across the storage facility and back when you can simply drive up to the unit and load or unload in front of it?
- Facility Security: Sometimes having a lock on the door is not enough for comfort or protection. Before you reserve a storage unit in South Daytona, find out what other security amenities the facility offers. Look for gated access, video surveillance, alarmed units, and on-site management when looking for a South Daytona storage facility.
- Climate Control: Summers in Florida can be hot and humid, so you must have climate control when storing delicate items such as photographs, electronics, paper documents, and wooden furniture. A climate-controlled storage unit in South Daytona will ensure a room temperature environment (55–85°F) with low humidity.
How Self Storage Can Benefit College Students
Obtaining an education is an important chapter in the lives of many people, and sometimes, earning that degree requires a little extra effort and a little more time on the road. South Daytona does not have a university or college, but its neighboring cities do. It only takes about 10-15 minutes to drive from one city to the next, so South Daytona residents do not have to commute very far to attend Daytona State College in Daytona Beach or Palmer College in Port Orange. This is convenient if you live and work in South Daytona.
No matter how close you are to your school, finding enough space to keep everything you own can be a problem in those pre-job days. An apartment with roommates often doesn't leave enough space for seasonal items, recreational equipment, and more things college students would like to have. To solve this, you can rent a South Daytona storage unit to store your additional furniture and bedding, boxes of extra school supplies, and other items until you need them again. This is a better solution than spending the extra dollars to rent a larger apartment. Also, many students keep their college belongings in self storage over the summer to avoid hauling everything home, just to bring it back to campus a few months later.
Storage amenities for college students:
- Unit Size: Odds are if you're a college student and trying to save money, you don't have that many possessions to store. So a mini storage unit in South Daytona (5x5) would suffice. If you are storing furniture as well, you can upgrade to a 5x10.
- Location Proximity: Arriving to class on time requires good timing, especially if you have to catch a bus to commute to another town for school. If you have a part-time job while in school, time is even more limited. For this reason, you'll want to pick a self storage unit close to your apartment or house so you spend as little time running back and forth as possible.
- Short-Term Leases: If you're only storing belongings over the summer while you are on break, you will only need storage for a few months. Look for a South Daytona storage facility that offers flexible leases so you only pay for storage as long as you will use it.
Using Self Storage for Recreational Equipment
It's hard to beat the lovely climate and the beautiful Florida scenery. The temperature here remains warm throughout most of the year, and the city is green with various tree and plant species. Also, residents of this shoreline community have regular access to the deep, lovely blue waters of the Halifax River and the Atlantic Ocean. So if you are an enthusiast of warm weather and water sports, this could be the place for you!
Whether you have your own private dock or you're using a public launch like the one at Riverfront Memorial Park, boating on Halifax River is a great way to pass the time in South Daytona. You can use your boat for sightseeing, fishing, wakeboarding, and other outdoor activities depending on which part of the river you are in. There are numerous other parks in the city, including James Park, Magnolia Park, Ned Wagner Park, and Melodie Park. Between these parks, you have access to docks, fishing piers, shuffleboard courts, play fields, and walking trails.
But what to do with your recreation equipment when you're not using it? Paying to dock your boat could cost quite a bit of money (not to mention your boat will be constantly exposed to the elements, wearing down the paint job), and keeping it at home will eat up most of your garage or driveway. How about your wakeboard, kayak, racquets, golf clubs, and other portable items? A lot of small items can also eat up a great deal of space.
If you have a storage locker or boat storage in South Daytona, saving space at home will not be an issue.
Storage amenities to keep in mind for recreation equipment:
- Boat/RV Storage: One thing self storage facilities have to benefit adventurous customers is storage units specifically designed for recreational vehicles. Whether you need to store a boat, an RV, or a camper, your storage operator might have specific units or spaces designed to shelter those particular vehicles.
- Extended Access Hours: When having fun in the good old outdoors, sometimes you'll wait until after sunset to call it a day. By this time, your storage operators might have gone home for the day, leaving you stuck with your possessions until they reopen in the morning. If you have 24-hour access, however, you can enter the facility and access your storage unit at any hour.
- Location Proximity: If your South Daytona storage unit is close to home, you can save time picking up your equipment and transferring it back to the storage facility.
Vehicle Storage in South Daytona
Vehicle storage in South Daytona allows you to park your car in either a storage space designed for vehicles or a large interior unit, depending on what your storage operator will allow. With South Daytona vehicle storage, you can keep a boat, RV, or car safe and protected until you need it. Many people use vehicle storage year-round for recreational vehicles or classic cars. Seasonal residents in Florida often keep a vehicle like a car, motorcycle, or scooter in South Daytona self storage while they are out of the area, so it is kept safe until they return next season.
Amenities for automobile storage:
- Outdoor/Covered/Indoor: There are three different kinds of automobile storage, and only some storage facilities offer all three. Outdoor storage is essentially the same as a parking lot. Covered automobile storage in South Daytona gives your vehicle an erected rooftop to protect it from the elements. Indoor vehicle storage is usually the most expensive, but it completely protects your vehicle from the elements.
- Facility Security: Before trusting your vehicle to a storage operator, be sure to verify their facility offers contemporary security amenities such as video surveillance, gated entry, and on-site management.
RESERVE AND RENT SELF STORAGE IN SOUTH DAYTONA NOW!
With Storage.com, finding, comparing, and reserving storage in South Daytona is a simple process. You can reserve a unit online at Storage.com or, if you have any further questions regarding your storage options, feel free to call and speak to a representative.