Welcome to Storage.com! Are you in need of self storage in Port St. Lucie, FL? We know calling around to find a suitable storage facility for a reasonable price can take a long time. However, with Storage.com, you can search for self storage facilities in your area, compare available units and facility features, and even reserve a unit online! That's right, you don't even have to pick up the phone because Storage.com is here for all of your self storage needs.
REASONS WHY PEOPLE USE SELF STORAGE IN PORT ST. LUCIE
People use self storage in Port St. Lucie for many reasons. Whether you are a college student or snowbird who needs seasonal storage, a new resident who needs extra time to find your dream home, or longtime resident who wants to remove some clutter from your house or office, you may find a Port St. Lucie storage unit is the answer. Regardless of your reason for seeking self storage in Port St. Lucie, Storage.com is here to help.
Relocating to Port St. Lucie
Port St. Lucie is not as well known as Orlando or Miami, but it's got plenty to offer, including warm weather, beautiful scenery, an annual county fair, professional sporting events (the New York Mets hold their spring training at Tradition Field), and good educational opportunities.
In fact, education is one of the city's top sectors of employment, employing teachers specializing in primary and secondary education (St. Lucie Public Schools), as well as higher education (Indian River State College). Healthcare is another large industry in Port St. Lucie, with establishments such as Liberty Healthcare Group, Inc., Liberty Medical Supply, Campo-Care, Inc., and St. Lucie Medical Center ranking among the top local employers. Even medical technicians can find work here, at Medical Equipment Technologies, Inc.
However, the process of moving to a new city can be strenuous as well as exciting. If you're moving to Port St. Lucie to take a job, your moving schedule might not align with your work schedule. You might have to move to town a little quicker than you'd prefer, leaving little time to track down a dream home. In settling for a quick temporary home, you might end up with less space than you'd prefer.
This is where having a Port St. Lucie storage unit will help. You can store your possessions in your unit until you adjust to the rhythm of your job, get to know the area, and find a more suitable house. Then, once you secure a permanent residence, you can unpack at your own leisure.
Helpful storage amenities when relocating to a new city:
- Drive-Up Access: Moving to a new city includes bringing everything you own with you—including large household appliances and furniture. If your storage unit has drive-up access, you can save some of the effort by loading and unloading directly from your moving truck into your storage unit.
- Short-Term Lease: How long it takes you to complete your transition from one city to the next will vary depending on circumstances. Why pay for a year-long lease if you only need your storage unit for a few weeks or months? Look for a storage facility in Port St. Lucie that offers weekly or monthly leases on their units.
- Climate Control: The subtropical climate of Port St. Lucie is great for sunbathing, but it can be detrimental to temperature-sensitive items such as electronics, paper documents, and wooden furniture. Protect your belongings by renting a climate-controlled storage unit in Port St. Lucie.
Storage for College Students
As home to campuses for both Keiser University and Indian River State College, Port St. Lucie is a great community for college students. Earning a college degree is important for most people, but tuition expenses can eat up a good deal of your budget. You can reduce the stresses of smaller living spaces by moving your extra belongings into a Port St. Lucie mini storage unit.
Port St. Lucie self storage is great for college students who don't want to haul all of their belongings home over summer break. Rather than packing up the car or moving truck, students often rent a storage unit in Port St. Lucie and keep their school items nearby while they are on break, so they can conveniently access their belongings when they return to school in August.
Considerations for college students renting self storage:
- Unit Size: How much space you need will depend on how many people are using the unit and how much will be collectively stored. If you only need to stow away a few boxes and a small piece of furniture, something as minimal as a 5x5 should do. If you are sharing a unit with one or two roommates, you'll probably want at least a 5x10.
- Location Proximity: As a college student, your life will be hectic with classes and activities. Some students also work a part-time job between classes. The more complicated your schedule becomes, the more necessary it is to have a self storage unit in a convenient location. Look for Port St. Lucie storage facilities near your campus or your apartment.
- Short-Term Lease: Unless you plan to take summer classes, it is a waste of money to lease out a self storage unit for an entire year. Renting a unit on a monthly or weekly basis means you only rent it for as long as you need it.
Storage for Small Businesses
Port St. Lucie is a steadily growing community. As such, there is plenty of room for entrepreneurs to set up their first offices and start growing their businesses. Port St. Lucie's downtown area is in the early stages of development; as the area grows, the established businesses will continue to see a rise in traffic. This is an ideal place for entrepreneurs to take their first steps as business owners.
In the first few months or years as a business owner, you'll probably have very few employees and very little office space; you might not have very much room for keeping some of your essentials. Backup copies of HR documents, inventories for the clientele, extra equipment—an accumulation of these items will eat up a great deal of your storage space. Businesses which operate outdoors, such as landscaping companies, will need some place to keep their big, expensive power tools between jobs. Don't forget, even with that limited office space, you still need to make room for your personnel!
However, if you have a Port St. Lucie self storage unit reserved for business purposes, you can safely stow away these items for as long as necessary. Having a storage unit--and that extra space--can help you succeed!
Helpful storage features for small business owners:
- Business Amenities: Did you know some storage facilities offer amenities to assist commercial tenants? Some of these units include electrical outlets and in-unit lighting, allowing you to plug in and recharge electrical equipment such as laptops, cell phones, and power tools. If you want to use your storage unit to hold inventories, ask your Port St. Lucie storage operator if they can provide shelving units for organization. With these commercial amenities, you can essentially convert your self storage unit into a backup office, not to mention the cost of renting a unit is much cheaper than leasing out a second office building.
- Location Proximity: As an entrepreneur, you'll naturally want to establish your business close to your customers and traffic, so you might as well rent a self storage unit that is located close by, as well. Time is money, so having a nearby storage unit will reduce the amount of time needed to travel between your office and your unit. This is essential when storing items you'll still need on a regular basis.
- Security Features: Preventing theft is fundamental for business owners. It would be devastating to lose your clients' inventories or the equipment you need to provide services. Look for the following security amenities when seeking self storage in Port St. Lucie: gated access to the storage facility, video surveillance, on-site management, and individually alarmed units.
Storing Recreational Equipment
Port St. Lucie is a dream home for people who love the outdoors. The city is located on the coast of two rivers—the Indian River to the east and the St. Lucie River to the south—and features numerous lakes, parks, campgrounds, public ball fields and courts, and even a civic center. The city also has a fine selection of golf courses, including the PGA Country Club, complete with the PGA Museum of Golf. Finding something to do outside is a cinch, and the weather is almost always lovely. Where you might run into challenges is finding suitable storage space for your recreational equipment.
The more activities you partake in, the more equipment you will accumulate, and the more free space you'll lose in the closet, garage, or driveway. Don't forget: you only use recreational equipment on occasion, so that space is better saved for items you use regularly. This is where Port St. Lucie self storage can help. Transfer those items, which you only use now and then, into your storage unit and retrieve them whenever you decide to go out for some fun.
Storage amenities for recreational equipment:
- Unit Size: The appropriate unit size depends on how much recreational equipment you want to store. For items like golf clubs, tennis racquets, or camping equipment, a small 5x5 will suffice. A 5x10 or 10x10 should work if you are storing multiple sets or larger pieces of equipment like kayaks, bicycles, or personal watercraft.
- Vehicle/Boat/RV storage: Campers, ATVs, RVs, and boats tend to take up the most space in the garage or driveway. Did you know some storage facilities offer units specifically designed to hold these vehicles? Vehicle storage comes in three different formats (outdoor/indoor/covered) so be sure to inquire which one(s) your storage provider offers.
- Extended Access Hours: The last thing you want to do is put a time limit on your recreational fun, so why should you have to worry about waiting for the facility to open to retrieve your equipment and returning your items before the facility closes. If your Port St. Lucie storage facility has 24-hour access, you can retrieve and deposit your recreational equipment at a time that is convenient for you.
RESERVE AND RENT YOUR PORT ST. LUCIE SELF STORAGE UNIT
Thanks for using Storage.com! Remember, once you've found a Port St. Lucie storage facility that's right for your storage needs, you can reserve a unit right here online! For additional questions, feel free to call in and speak directly to a storage representative.