Do you need self storage in Longwood, FL? Storage.com can help you find, compare, and rent a storage unit at the right location, in the right size, at the right price, and with the right amenities. No more driving around your city to find the best storage facility! Did we mention you can even rent your unit online?
WHY PEOPLE USE SELF STORAGE IN LONGWOOD
Whether you're moving, attending college, in need of vehicle storage, or your home or office is simply getting too cluttered, a Longwood storage unit can help.
Relocating to Longwood
People looking to move to Central Florida often choose Longwood because it's relatively small (about 13,000 people live there), has a warm climate, and is close to Orlando. There are plenty of job opportunities, too, that draw new residents to the area. With the Orlando Health system, doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals can begin successful health care careers. In fact, South Seminole Hospital, which is located in Longwood, employs twice as many personnel as the second-highest employer in the city, UPS. Other top employers in Longwood that pull in new residents include Seminole County Public Schools and the City of Longwood government.
Whatever your reason for relocating to Longwood, you'll want to make the move as smooth and stress-free as possible. If you need to store items because your new home is low on space or isn't quite move-in ready, Longwood mini storage can help. You can store anything from an additional vehicle to furniture and boxes in your unit until you're able to get completely settled. This way, you can set aside concerns about where to keep your belongings and focus on more pressing matters, like starting your new job, getting your kids to school, etc.
Storage amenities that help when relocating:
- Short-Term Lease: When moving, look for a Longwood storage facility that offers month-to-month or even weekly leasing agreements. This means you only need to keep your storage unit for as long as you need it.
- Drive-Up Access: Moving often means transporting large, heavy furniture. When storing heavy items, make it easier on yourself by renting a Longwood storage unit with drive-up access. This amenity allows you to park your vehicle in front of your unit and load or unload items without a long distance to carry everything.
- Security Features: Since you'll be storing most or all of your possessions while moving, ensuring their safety is important. Check with storage facilities to see what type of features they offer. Most will have gated access to the facility, but some will have more advanced security, like video surveillance and alarmed units.
College Student Storage
Florida is a popular destination for college students because it offers the opportunity to get a higher education and good proximity to beaches. Besides the Webster University campus in Longwood, there's also Seminole State College of Florida in nearby Sanford/Lake Mary, as well as University of Central Florida's many campuses in and around Orlando. For students attending universities in Orlando in particular, it's often cheaper to rent apartments in cities like Longwood, which is only about half an hour away from Orlando. But apartment living comes with its share of space issues, and college students don't have the money to rent bigger apartments when clutter takes over.
Fortunately, Longwood mini storage can help in this situation. Rather than trying to fit a bike, boxes, extra futon or sofa, and other belongings in an apartment, students can keep belongings they don't use as often in storage to get more space. Also, students who head overseas for international studies or visit parents or guardians out of state over school breaks can also use a Longwood storage unit to keep items safe while they're away.
Storage amenities that help with college:
- Unit Size: Living on a budget means you probably won't have many possessions to store, so you can easily get away with storing items in a more affordable 5x5 or 5x10 storage unit. If, however, you need more space but still want to save money, you can always share a larger unit with a friend or roommate.
- Facility Location: As a college student, you'll constantly be heading to and from campus. For your convenience, you should pick a storage facility in Longwood that's between your apartment and your university (if possible). That way, you can pick up and drop off items without having to go out of your way.
- Short-Term Lease: If you're only planning to use a storage unit for a few months while you're traveling, vacationing, or studying abroad, go for a short-term storage lease. Then you won't be stuck in a contract with a storage unit you're only temporarily using.
Vehicle Storage in Longwood
Since Florida is a state with nice weather and plenty of outdoor recreation activities, many people own additional vehicles, including motorcycles and scooters, classic cars, sports cars, ATVs, boats, and RVs. What do all of these have in common? They're all vehicles that are hard to find places for at home.
Whether you live at an apartment complex or own a house in Longwood, parking spaces, garages, and driveways don't always have enough room for secondary or recreational vehicles. Although you could always park a car, motorcycle, or recreational vehicle on the street near your home, some neighborhood covenants don't allow that. Not to mention, your vehicle is also at risk of damage caused by hurricanes, vandals, and other drivers.
Auto storage in Longwood is an affordable and safe option for storing vehicles. You even have the option of storing your vehicle in an outdoor parking lot, covered parking space, or storage unit. Outdoor storage is obviously the least expensive but offers the least protection whereas indoor storage is the most expensive yet offers the most protection. No matter what you choose, though, you can rest assured your vehicle is safe in self storage. Not every Longwood self storage facility will offer all three of these options, but most will.
Storage amenities that help with vehicle storage:
- Facility Location: Just because you don't have room to park your car at home doesn't mean you won't need it on a regular basis. Renting from a storage facility close to your home means you don't have to go out of your way to pick up your sports car, classic car, motorcycle, or recreational vehicle.
- 24-Hour Access: Why wait for your storage facility to open when you're ready to go? For boats, RVs, and campers in particular, having access to your storage facility all day and night is beneficial, especially if you're planning on an early morning fishing or camping trip or getting back late from vacation on a Sunday.
- Facility Security: Whether you're storing a rare classic car or a motorcycle, theft is always a major concern. Always make sure the facility you rent from has adequate security measures, such as video surveillance and gated access. If you're using indoor storage, you may want to consider an alarmed unit
RENT A LONGWOOD STORAGE UNIT
Thank you for using Storage.com to find a storage unit! If you're ready to go, you can rent your storage unit directly from our website, or you can call in to speak with one of our storage representatives, who would be happy to help!