Are you running out of places to store personal belongings in your Newark, NJ living space? If this is the case for you, then you’ve come to the right place. Storage.com allows you to filter facilities near you by their exact location, amenities, price, and size, to reserve your unit right here on the site.
COMMON USES FOR NEWARK SELF STORAGE
Whether you’re settled in Newark for work, educational opportunities, or for the daily commute to New York City, you can find just the right unit to suit your unique storage needs.
Relocating to Newark
As New Jersey’s most populated city, Newark offers a bustling atmosphere of work and play. With several colleges, sports arenas, and tons of job opportunities in the city itself and surrounding areas, people of all different ages and lifestyles call Newark home sweet home.
A short distance from the outskirts of Manhattan, Newark holds the headquarters of Panasonic Corporation of North America, Prudential Financial, and PSEG. Being a major air, shipping, and rail hub, along with one of the largest insurance centers in the country, the city continues to draw in students, young graduates, and highly experienced professionals alike with a wide variety of companies and the esteemed Rutgers University.
The process of picking up and moving to a new city always seems to happen so quickly, a lot of times without thought of where all of your stuff is going to go when you get there. Your quick transition from one space to another can be made much easier with the use of a Newark self storage unit to house all of the things you don’t currently have space for. Whether you’re a full-time student cramped for space or a working professional with extra clutter, there are several storage facilities in the Newark area for you to choose from.
Storage Amenities to Look For When Relocating:
- Drive-Up Access: Don’t spend any more time than you need to trying to manage those hard-to-lift moving boxes. When you rent a from a Newark storage facility that offers drive-up access, you can simply pull a vehicle right up to your unit’s door for a quick unload that won’t break your back.
- Climate Control: Newark is known for its seasonal extremes of brutally hot summers and bone-chilling winters. For this reason, it’s important to look for a Newark storage unit with climate-control options to keep your stored belongings safe from any temperature induced changes.
- Short-Term Rental: If you’re using storage to help conveniently transition into your new living space, look for facilities that offer short-term leases. That way you can rent on a month-by-month or even weekly basis to line up with your timeline of settling into your new place.
Newark’s downtown area is lively with a wide variety of businesses, shops, restaurants, and cultural attractions. Also known as the Central Business District, the area boasts venues such as the New Jersey Performing Arts Center, the Prudential Center (home to the New Jersey Devils), and the Newark Symphony Hall. Located right along a part of the Passaic River, you can hit the town for an afternoon concert, catch a Devils game with some friends, or even just to try some delectable local cuisine.
With so many places to go and people to see in downtown Newark, it’s easier to justify a smaller living space at a high price—until you run out of space of course. However, you don’t have to miss out on everything you love about a life in the city in order to get some extra personal space. By renting out a storage unit near your place, you can have that spare room you’ve been needing without having to double your rent payments.
Storage amenities for living in Downtown Newark:
- Location: Living downtown comes with a lot of walking and public transportation, so select a Newark storage facility that’s located near your living space to make your drop-offs and pick-ups more convenient.
- Security: A busy city life means a lot of people, so keep your mind at ease by storing your valuables at a Newark storage facility that offers extra security to customers. Gated access, individually alarmed units, and surveillance cameras are all features to inquire about when choosing between facilities.
Self Storage for College Students
In the University Heights Area of Newark sits Rutgers University’s Newark Campus, the New Jersey Medical School, the New Jersey Institute of Technology, with the Seton Hall University School of Law located downtown. Packed with public research universities and so many opportunities for higher education, the living options for students in Newark aren’t always exactly the most spacious. Take a look at some of the reasons students living in Newark turn to self storage to gain a little extra space for their belongings.
Living on campus is a popular choice for so many students since it puts you within walking distance of most your classes and go-to study spots. The only downfall of your convenient location is that you’re situated in a sea of students, and finding extra space in your living quarters is hardly an option—not to mention in a tight knit area like University Heights that holds the campuses of multiple sought out universities in Newark. If you’re stuck with extra seasonal clothes or picking between your roommates furniture and the pieces of your own, don’t sweat it. Stow away all of your overflow in a Newark storage unit nearby to keep your treasured items safe and out of the way (so you can walk across the room again without falling over clutter).
If you’re one of the many who choose to make the daily commute to campus, an obvious perk of your off-campus location is the proximity to other great spots in Newark that you otherwise couldn’t visit as frequently. But living downtown is extremely costly to begin with, especially on the budget of a full-time college student. Since upgrading to a bigger apartment or loft with more square footage would take your monthly rent price to the moon, you can claim the extra space you need by renting out a storage unit in the city. Any bulky furniture or unorganized seasonal containers are no longer an issue when you can pack them away for the time being and retrieve them again when needed.
Storage Features for College Students to Consider:
- Short-Term Rental: Facilities with short-term rental options are perfect for college students who plan on moving back home during the short summer months. Short-term leases allow you to rent on a month-to-month or weekly basis to best suit your temporary storing needs.
- Unit Size: A 10X15 can comfortably hold the contents of a typical apartment layout, so storing the interior of a dorm may require less space than you think. Get measurements of your soon-to-be stored items so the facility manager can help determine which size will be best for your circumstance.
RESERVE YOUR NEWARK SELF STORAGE UNIT TODAY!
Remember: Storage.com’s search features allow you to look up nearby self storage facilities, compare and contrast their features and price ranges, and make an online reservation. If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the facility of your choice or call in and speak to one of our storage representatives. Thank you for using Storage.com!