Are you in need of self storage in Aurora, CO? Here at Storage.com, we realize finding a self storage facility with available spacing and adequate storage features can be a hassle, so we've provided all the tools you need to find suitable storage in your city. With our website, you can search for nearby Aurora storage facilities, skim through available unit sizes, compare prices and features, and even reserve a unit directly online!
COMMON REASONS FOR USING SELF STORAGE IN AURORA
No matter your reasons for seeking out Aurora self storage—whether you're relocating to Aurora, starting school, transferring to the local Air Force base, or simply trying to get more room at home—having a storage unit is a great convenience.
Relocating to Aurora
Aurora is sometimes called "The Gateway to the Rockies" or "The Sunrise of Colorado," and indeed the city does feature some spectacular vistas of the Colorado landscape. However, Aurora is much more than pretty architecture surrounded by pretty landscape. Aurora is home to a number of excellent high schools and colleges, and the city's economy is rich in the fields of health care and education. Since Aurora is also home to Buckley Air Force Base, many people, including civilians, work at the base.
Whether you're moving to Aurora to begin a new job in health care, education, or with Buckley AFB, self storage can help. If, for example, you don't have enough time to find a permanent home before your new job starts, you'll need a place to store furniture, appliances, and other belongings until you can get settled. Having a storage unit in Aurora is a great way to clear clutter and give yourself a little peace of mind.
Storage features to consider when relocating:
- Drive-Up Access: Moving heavier items such as furniture can be really stressful. Take out most of the transportation effort by renting an Aurora storage unit with drive-up access. This way, you can simply park your car or moving truck in front of your storage unit and unload or load everything right there.
- Short-Term Rental Agreements: Depending on how long you need Aurora mini storage, you might consider renting from a storage facility with flexible leasing. This means you won't get trapped in a long-term storage rental commitment if you only need your unit for a few weeks or months.
- Storage Security: When storing your possessions, it's necessary to ensure they remain properly protected from theft and vandalism. If your facility has up-to-date security amenities, such as on-site management, video surveillance, alarmed units, and gated access, then you can rest assured that your items are safe.
Storage for College Students
When it comes to education, Aurora is plentiful! Whether you're looking for general education or have honed in upon a specific field you want to study, the city's numerous colleges and universities can provide the insight you need. The city has its own community college, Community College of Aurora, as well as several larger campuses like Ecotech Institute, Platt College, and University of Colorado's Anschutz Medical Campus.
If you're moving to Aurora for an education, odds are you will be pressed for space and living on a tight budget—tuition and supplies for school tend to take up a lot of funds. To avoid straining your finances even further, you can settle for a smaller living space and use an Aurora storage unit to house additional belongings. If you're living with roommates to reduce expenses, you can save even more by sharing a self storage unit and splitting the rent.
Storage features to consider for college storage:
- Unit Size: The necessary unit size will depend on how much you're storing and how many people will be using the storage unit. A couple of boxes and small furniture can fit in a 5x5 or 5x10 unit whereas larger furniture and quantities of belongings will need something bigger, such as a 10x10.
- Facility Location: Since the point of using Aurora self storage is to reduce stress, why not make it more convenient by renting from a facility that's close to where you live? The ideal locale would be between your place of residence and your school so you can grab and drop off items while commuting from one to the other.
- Short-Term Rental Agreements: Unless you plan to enroll in summer courses and stay in Aurora the entire year, there isn't much sense in taking out a yearlong lease when your unit will be empty for several months. Ask storage operators if they offer short-term rental agreements so you can pay and rent by the month.
Buckley Air Force employs more than 10,000 people, and Air Force personnel are constantly being transferred in and out of the area. If you have been transferred to another base suddenly, you may not have enough time to find a home or apartment. Even if you've been provided on-base housing, you still might be pressed for space. What about deployment or temporary assignment in another part of the country? What happens to your possessions in your absence? This is where Aurora military storage can be of great help. You might even be able to get a discount due to your military service!
Storage features to consider for military storage:
- Vehicle Storage: If you're being deployed, your car will most likely have to stay behind. Since you don't want to risk it being damaged or vandalized, you can place in an Aurora auto storage facility.
- Military Discount: Some storage operators offer discounts to military clientele. If you're in the services, be sure to mention this and provide proof to save a little money with Aurora military storage!
- 24-Hour Access: Your schedule is often determined for you, so you might not have the time to swing by your storage unit during regular hours of operation. To avoid these conflicts, rent from a facility with 24-hour access. This way, you can access your unit at a time that's convenient for you.
Storage for Seasonal Items
Colorado sees hot summers and snowy winters, so finding a place to store items out-of-season will be important for you. Outdoor grills, patio furniture, summer clothing—these will only take up space during the winter. Similarly, your winter equipment and winter clothing will create clutter during the warmer months of the year. To solve this problem and save space, you can use a storage unit to store items.
Storage features to consider when storing seasonal items:
- Climate Control: Whether it's during the blistering heat of summer or the frigid cold of winter, you'll want to seek out Aurora climate-controlled storage to ensure your belongings remain safe from the harsh temperatures. Items such as paper documents, electronics, photos, and antique furniture can be damaged by these conditions, so a unit that maintains temperatures between 55-85°F with low humidity is best.
- Unit Size: Seasonal items can vary in size and number, so keep this in consideration when picking out your storage unit size. For boxes of seasonal clothing or decoration, all you'll need is a 5x5 storage unit; however, if you're storing larger items like patio furniture, you may need a 10x10 or larger.
- Facility Location: Since your storage unit is functioning like a closet, you might as well have it close to where you live. This way, you can pick up, drop off, and swap items as soon as you need them.
RENT YOUR AURORA STORAGE UNIT TODAY
Thank you for using Storage.com for your Aurora mini storage needs. Once you have found a storage unit that meets your requirements, you can reserve it right here on the site! For further questions, call in and speak with one of our storage representatives!