If you're looking for a storage facility in Palmdale, CA, then you've come to the right place! Here at Storage.com, we can help you find the perfect Palmdale storage unit for your specific needs. Our tools allow you to filter and compare storage facilities by location, pricing, available unit sizes, and amenities. Plus, once you've found the storage unit for your situation, you can reserve it directly from our website! It's that simple!
COMMON REASONS FOR USING SELF STORAGE IN PALMDALE
Whether you're moving to area, need a way to expand your living space, or have an extra vehicle you need to store, a Palmdale storage facility can be the solution!
Relocating to Palmdale
As the city's official motto says, Palmdale is "a place to call home." Just north of Los Angeles, Palmdale is one of the fastest-growing cities in California due to its proximity to the Los Angeles metro, the area's beautiful weather, and relatively low housing costs. The city is known for its aerospace and manufacturing industries, too. With defense contractors like Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman among Palmdale's top employers, it's no wonder why people looking to start new careers are moving to Antelope Valley.
Whether it's simply for a change of pace or because you're moving for an employment opportunity, relocating can be a challenge. For many people moving to the area, they have to start their jobs before they can get settled in a permanent home, which means they have to find a place for all of their furniture, appliances, and other belongings. Fortunately, Palmdale self storage can help in this situation. With a storage unit, you can store your belongings in one location while you're out house-hunting or waiting until you're able to take up residence in your new home.
Storage features to consider when relocating:
- Drive-Up Access: A key feature that you'll want in a Palmdale storage facility when moving a large number of items, some potentially heavy, is drive-up access. This feature allows you to park your car or truck directly in front of your storage unit, saving you time and work while unloading or loading your things.
- Storage Security: If you're storing valuable and sentimental items, find a storage facility with security features like gated access, video surveillance, and on-site management to protect your items from theft and vandalism.
- Short-Term Rental Agreements: A storage facility with weekly or monthly rental payments means you don't have to get stuck in a long-term commitment when you only need storage on a temporary basis.
Whether you're renting an apartment in Palmdale while you attend Antelope Valley College, living in the on-campus housing at University of Antelope Valley in nearby Lancaster, or commuting to Los Angeles for college, you may encounter the need for self storage at some point. For many college students, having a Palmdale storage unit is a great way to get more space in a cramped apartment or dorm room or store items over breaks from school.
Storage features to consider for college storage:
- Facility Location: For students who commute, you may want a storage facility that's on your way between your campus and your home. That way, if you need to grab anything, you won't have to go out of your way.
- Unit Size: In most cases, a 5x5 or 5x10 will be all you'll need, as these units can hold a mattress set, small furniture, and boxes. If you want a larger unit but are worried about cost, consider sharing with a roommate.
- Climate Control: If you plan to store sensitive items like electronics, paper documents, and clothing, climate-controlled storage in Palmdale will protect your items from damage caused by extreme heat. Climate control keeps your storage unit between 55-85°F with low humidity so your items are safe.
Storing Recreational Equipment
Palmdale has been frequently used in the Tour of California cycling race, and the city even has dedicated bike lanes and paths, so it's no surprise that many people in the city have bikes. In addition to biking, people can enjoy hiking along Barrell Springs Trail or camping at nearby Chilao Campground an hour south of town.
Outdoor activities like bicycling and camping can come with a lot of equipment, which can take up usable space at home. Renting a Palmdale storage unit can give you the additional space for this sporting gear outside of your home while still making it accessible to you when you're ready to get active.
Storing your recreation gear
- Storage Security: Not only does recreational gear take up space, it can also cost quite a bit of money to replace, so finding a Palmdale storage facility with strong security is a must to prevent theft.
- 24-Hour Access: For earlier risers and campers, sometimes you just want to hit the road before the sun comes up. If you're one of those people, find a storage facility with 24-hour access so you can get to your gear when you're ready to get moving.
- Facility Location: If you're keep a bike, hiking gear, or golf clubs in mini storage, you definitely don't want to drive out of your way to grab it whenever you want to head out. Find a facility that's close to home or the outdoor place you frequent.
If you need to store a car, motorcycle, boat, or RV, Palmdale vehicle storage can help. Not only does storing these vehicles mean more garage and driveway space at home, but certain storage options will actually protect these vehicles from weather-related damage, vandalism, and theft.
Here are your options for vehicle storage (Note: Not every facility will offer all of these):
- Outdoor storage is the most affordable option and offers no protection from the elements.
- Covered storage is slightly more expensive and provides some shelter from the elements.
- Indoor storage is the most expensive option and provides complete protection from the elements.
Features to consider for vehicle storage:
- Facility Location: You probably don't want to spend a lot of time driving to grab your vehicle when you need it. Look for Palmdale vehicle storage close to the area where you live, drive, boat, or camp.
- Storage Security: Boats and RVs are particularly expensive. Consider a facility that offers security features like video surveillance and on-site management to ward off any threats of vandalism or theft.
- Climate Control: Since Palmdale can get up into the 100s during the summer months, you may want climate-controlled storage if you plan to store a classic car or motorcycle. This amenity will protect sensitive and older vehicles from heat-caused mechanical damage and rust.
RENT YOUR PALMDALE STORAGE UNIT TODAY
Thanks for using Storage.com to find your self storage solution! If you've found the storage unit to meet your needs, you can reserve it directly online with us. Should you have any questions, feel free to call one of our storage representatives, and they'll be happy to provide any further assistance.