Looking for self storage in Montgomery, AL? Look no further, Storage.com is here to help! With our site features, you can search, compare, and rent storage within minutes. We provide information on available units based on location, unit size, price, and amenities. Once you find a unit that suits your needs, reserving it is no problem—you can rent it right here at Storage.com!
COMMON REASONS FOR USING SELF STORAGE IN MONTGOMERY
Whether you're moving to Montgomery from out of town, attending school, need to store seasonal belongings, or need more space at home, Storage.com is here to help you find the Montgomery storage unit that fits your needs as well as your belongings.
Relocating to Montgomery
With the city motto being the "Capital of Dreams," Montgomery has a lot to offer its residents by way of its warm climate, beautiful cityscape, and stable economy.
The city's central location in Alabama's Black Belt makes it a processing hub for crops like soybeans, cotton, and peanuts. Aside from a large agriculture industry, Montgomery's location along the Alabama River and the rail connections makes it a regional distribution hub, giving it the ability to diversify its economy. With Maxwell-Gunter Air Force Base, Baptist Health, Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama, and Alfa Insurance among the largest employers, Montgomery offers a lot of opportunities in the healthcare, manufacturing, government, and business industries to its residents.
Regardless of why you're moving to Montgomery, relocating is always an exciting experience. However, transitioning into a new home and starting a new job can be stressful. Renting a storage unit in Montgomery can help ease the strain of moving by giving you a place to store all of your household items while you're house hunting. Once you've found your new home, you can take your time unpacking your belongings from your storage unit into your new place, so it's not as overwhelming of an experience.
Storage amenities to consider when relocating:
- Drive-Up Access: Relocating is no easy feat. Take some of the stress out of the move by working smarter, not harder. Drive-up access allows you to back a truck right up to your storage unit. Loading and unloading heavy or bulky items is much more manageable this way.
- Short-Term Rental Agreements: Hopefully you won't be in transition for long. Look for a Montgomery storage facility that offers weekly or monthly rental agreements so you're only paying for storage as long as you need it.
- Climate Control: If you're storing belongings in Montgomery mini storage over the summer, you're going to want a climate-controlled unit. Heat and humidity can damage items like wood furniture, electronics, documents, and more. A climate-controlled unit will remain between 55–85°F with low humidity so your belongings are safe.
Living in Downtown Montgomery
Montgomery is well-known for its successful downtown revitalization project, and the area's apartments, condos, and lofts are now in high demand. It's no surprise, as downtown Montgomery is a charming place to live. Aside from the great weather, short commute to the office, and all around glitz and glam of living downtown, there's so much for you to do!
Living downtown puts you in proximity of the renowned arts scene, historical sites, sports teams, and more. You can see the Montgomery Symphony Orchestra and Montgomery Ballet perform at Davis Theatre for the Performing Arts, attend the Alabama Shakespeare Festival in Blount Cultural Park, visit the Montgomery Zoo, or catch a Biscuits game at Montgomery Riverwalk Stadium. It's safe to say you'll never be bored.
However, downtown Montgomery's prime location comes at a high cost; residents often have to choose between a smaller living space or moving away from the city center to gain enough square feet while staying in their budget. This is where Montgomery self storage is a valuable commodity to help downtown residents fit comfortably in their smaller spaces.
Storage features to consider when living downtown:
- Downtown Location: You probably chose to live downtown to be close to everything, so your storage unit should be close, as well. Proximity and easy access are key aspects to making the most of your space with self storage. Look for a storage unit in Downtown Montgomery to store your seasonal items and other belongings you don't use on a daily basis.
- Facility Security: Most storage facilities offer basic security features like gated access and unit locks. If you're storing valuables and would like additional security measures for your peace of mind, look for Montgomery storage facilities that offers amenities such as alarmed units, video surveillance, or on-site management.
- Extended Hours: When using storage as a way to expand your living space, you'll want to be able to access your items when you need them. Some Montgomery storage facilities have extended evening and weekend hours or 24-hour access so you can get to your belongings when it's convenient for you.
Self Storage for College Students
With at least five colleges and institutes of higher education—including Alabama State University— Montgomery is no stranger to college students. College is a must for a lot of people, but it can be a rather cramped experience depending on your living situation.
Whether you're living in a residence hall on campus or you're sharing an apartment with several roommates, you can never seem to find enough space for all your belongings. Consider a Montgomery storage unit to solve your spatial shortage. You can store things you don't always need instead of finding a more spacious and expensive apartment or downsizing your possessions.
Seasonal clothing, spare furniture, and recreational equipment takes up space you don't have; store them in Montgomery mini storage until you need them again. If you're going home for the summer, save yourself the hassle of hauling everything home only to bring it back a couple months later by storing it in a storage unit near campus until you return.
Storage amenities for students:
- Unit Size: When storing college essentials like bedding, small furniture, school supplies, or dorm room decorations, a 5x5 or 5x10 unit should do the trick. A 5x5 unit starts around $32 per month in Montgomery, with larger units going up in price. Consider sharing a unit with a friend or roommate to make your storage unit more budget-friendly.
- Short-Term Rental Agreements: You only want to pay for storage when you're going to use it, so look for a facility that offers weekly or monthly rental agreements. This way you're not stuck in a year-long lease when you only need it for the summer.
- Climate Control: If you're storing your belongings over the summer, you'll want to consider a unit with climate control. Excessive heat and humidity, which are prevalent in Alabama, can damage sensitive items like books, electronics, wood furniture, and more. A climate-controlled storage unit in Montgomery will remain between 55-85°F with low humidity so you don't have to worry about damage to your things.
Expanding Your Living Space
People use self storage in Montgomery for a variety of reasons, but the most common reason is to make more space available at home. Self storage is great for recreational activity enthusiasts, outdoor people, collectors, or really anyone. If you need more space at home for whatever reason, self storage can help. Instead of sorting through everything and having a garage sale or throwing things out, or tripping over your golf clubs and tennis rackets at home, store your belongings in a nearby Montgomery storage unit until you need them again. This helps lessen the clutter in your house and keeps your belongings safe.
Storage features for expanding your space:
- Unit Size: Measure the items that you're storing before renting a unit to make sure you're getting the right amount of space. Our interactive storage size guide is a great resource to help you determine what unit size is right for you.
- Facility Location: If you're going to access your belongings or equipment frequently, you'll want a unit that's close to your home or wherever you're going to use your equipment. If you frequent the golf course, choose a facility that's close to the club.
- Facility Security: If you're storing valuable or expensive belongings in your unit, consider security when choosing your facility. Most storage facilities offer basic security measures like unit locks and gated access, but if you need a more security for your peace of mind, look for one that offers advanced features like alarmed units, video surveillance, or on-site management.
Living at Maxwell-Gunter Air Force Base
Maxwell-Gunter Air Force Base employs more than 12,000 people in Montgomery and is home to the 42nd Air Base Wing and Air University. Maxwell currently houses more than 12,500 active-duty, reserve, civilian, and contractor personnel on base.
While this is a convenient housing option for military personnel, having enough room for all of your belongings can be challenging. For those who are deployed on a tour of duty, they may need to find a place to store their belongings while they are overseas. If you are currently living at Maxwell-Gunter Air Force Base but are looking for additional space while you're home or away, consider a Montgomery storage locker for your belongings.
Storage features to consider when living on base:
- Vehicle Storage: When you are deployed, your vehicle can often sit idle for months. Montgomery vehicle storage is an easy way to protect your vehicle from the elements and keep it safe while you're away.
- Climate-Controlled Storage: If you don't know how long you will be away, consider a climate-controlled storage unit in Montgomery to keep your belongings safe from damage during the hot summer. Climate control will keep temperatures in your unit between 55-85°F with low humidity.
- Facility Security: Most storage facilities have basic security measures like gated access and unit locks. Advanced measures like video surveillance, alarmed units, and on-site management are available at some facilities to ensure your belongings are safe in storage whether you are at home, at training, or overseas.
RENT YOUR MONTGOMERY STORAGE UNIT TODAY!
Thanks for stopping by Storage.com to find Montgomery self storage facilities. If you've found the storage unit you need, you can reserve it right here on our site, or you can call in to speak with a storage representative.