Do you need self storage in Orlando, FL? You've come to the right place. Storage.com is your source for finding, comparing, and renting storage units in Orlando. With our extensive database, you can compare available units based on location, price, and features to find the best solution for your storage needs. Once you've found the ideal space, you can quickly reserve with Storage.com!
COMMON REASONS TO RENT SELF STORAGE IN ORLANDO
Orlando is internationally famous for being "The Theme Park Capital of the World." With more than 59 million tourists visiting the city every year, it's always busy at the various amusement parks, including Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld, Gatorland, and more. Tourism is certainly a huge industry in Orlando, and the city boasts the largest number of hotels in the world, but there are other reasons that bring people to the area for more than a vacation, including hospitality jobs, tech jobs, and college.
Whether you're planning to move to Orlando for a job, attend college, or you already live there and just need to store some excess items, you could benefit from renting a self storage locker. Using mini storage can help you stay organized and make the most of your opportunities in Orlando without worrying about what to do with your possessions.
Relocating to Orlando
Many people relocate to Orlando to work at The Central Florida Research Park, which is made up of more than 120 companies, such as Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, and Boeing. The U.S. military also operates many training centers in Orlando, including Air Force Agency for Modeling and Simulation and the United States Army Simulation & Training Technology Center. Many people move or transfer to the Orlando area to work or train at one of these centers focused on aviation, aerospace, software design, or digital media. Other people relocate with plans to enjoy the Florida weather and work in the large hospitality industry that supports all of the theme parks.
Whatever the reason for a relocation, the task of coordinating moving dates with work start dates and new leases can be challenging. Save yourself some stress by using an Orlando self storage unit during your move. This can give you more freedom to find the place you really want to live and get settled when starting a new job.
Self storage features to look for when relocating:
- Short-Term Rental Agreement: You can find many Orlando storage facilities that will give you a flexible month-to-month lease so that you don't rent space for longer than you'll need it.
- Drive-Up Access: A unit with drive-up access will make it much easier to move large appliances and bulky furniture. You can back in a moving truck and load directly in and out of your unit.
- Additional Security Features: Since you're storing all of your belongings, you may want to choose a storage unit that provides advanced security features like alarmed units or gated access.
Attending College in Orlando
Some people come to Orlando for school. There are 25 private colleges and institutions of higher learning in the Orlando area, in addition to the University of Central Florida, Valencia College, and Seminole State College of Florida. University of Central Florida alone serves approximately 60,000 students, making it the second largest university in the country.
With so many students travelling from around the state and other regions to attend school in Orlando, students may need to use a storage locker during their college stay. Rather than moving all of their possessions home and then back to school again over semester breaks, many students use an Orlando self storage unit for a few weeks or months over their winter or summer vacations.
Tips for college students looking for Orlando mini storage:
- Some storage facilities offer a free moving truck with rental, making the move easier and more affordable.
- Most students only need a small unit, such as a 5x5 or 5x10, to store items from a dorm room. If you're looking for more space but still want to save money, share a storage unit with a friend or roommate. Our interactive size guide can help you determine how much space you actually need.
Storing Recreational Equipment and Other Belongings
Even long-term residents need self storage at times. Some just want to clear out clutter from the house, and choose to rent Orlando mini storage to get organized. This can be a great solution for seasonal decorations, personal files, or extra furniture when there's not enough space at home. Others use self storage to store recreational gear, like golf clubs, jet skis, or sailboards, when not in use. If you're not sure how much storage space you need, use our interactive size guide to help you determine what size unit will be best for your belongings.
Features to look for in storage units:
- Location: Our map feature at Storage.com will help you determine the most convenient Orlando storage facilities for you based on your home's location or where you like to use your recreational equipment. Prices vary by location, so budget considerations may also factor into your decision.
- Extended Hours: You may want to find a storage facility with extended evening or weekend hours to make it more convenient to get to your belongings if you think you'll need to access them frequently.
- Additional Protection: Depending on what you're storing, you may want to choose a climate-controlled unit to protect your belongings from damage. Also, if you're concerned about the safety of your valuables, you can look for a storage facility with additional security features like video surveillance or on-site management.
CLIMATE-CONTROLLED STORAGE UNITS IN ORLANDO
Whatever your reason for renting mini storage in Orlando, you'll likely want to consider choosing a climate-controlled storage unit due to the hot, humid weather. Extreme temperatures and humidity can damage sensitive items like books, photos, antiques, electronics, or clothing. Climate control maintains temperatures between 55-85°F and moderate humidity levels to ensure that your stored items stay protected.
RENT YOUR ORLANDO STORAGE UNIT TODAY!
Thank you for visiting Storage.com! Once you find the Orlando storage space you want, it's easy to reserve it right here on our site. Just complete the online reservation, or call in to speak with a storage representative.