Looking for a self storage facility in Clearwater, FL? Welcome to Storage.com! We're here to help you find the storage unit that best suits your needs. You can search, compare, and rent storage within minutes on our site, based on location, unit size, price, and amenities. When you've found the Clearwater storage unit for you, reserving it is a breeze—you can rent it right here at Storage.com!
COMMON REASONS FOR USING SELF STORAGE IN CLEARWATER
Whether you're moving to Clearwater from out of town, relocating for work, attending school, or need to store seasonal belongings, Storage.com is here to help you find the Clearwater storage unit that fits your needs and your belongings.
Relocating to Clearwater
With a gorgeous climate, beautiful landscape, and strong local economy, Clearwater has a lot to offer residents. Clearwater boasts a Guinness World Record for the most consecutive days of sunshine in a single year at 361 days. With major employers such as Tech Data Corporation, Honeywell Aerospace, FrankCrum, and Morton Plant Hospital, Clearwater has a lot of positions for those interested in the technology, development, and health industries. Along with all sorts of career options, developing neighborhoods like Cleveland Street District draw people to Clearwater while neighboring cities Tampa and St. Petersburg offer more opportunities.
Relocating is always an exciting experience when you're starting fresh at a new job and moving into a new home, but it can be, in a word, stressful. Clearwater self storage is a great resource to help ease the strain of moving. You can store all your household items in Clearwater mini storage while you're finding a new place to settle down. Once you've found the perfect place to live, you can take your time unpacking your belongings from your storage unit into your new home.
Helpful storage features when relocating:
- Drive-Up Access: Work smarter, not harder when moving with a drive-up storage unit to make loading and unloading easy. You can back a moving truck up to the door of your unit so transferring heavy, large, or bulky items is more manageable.
- Short-Term Rental Agreement: Hopefully you won't be in transition for long so look for a Clearwater storage facility that offers flexible leases that allow you to rent on a weekly or monthly basis. That way, you're not paying for storage longer than you need it.
- Climate Control: If you're storing items during the summer months in Florida, you should consider a climate-controlled storage unit in Clearwater. Climate control will keep your unit between 55-85°F with low humidity, ensuring sensitive belongings like wood furniture, electronics, photos, and more are not damaged.
Living in Downtown Clearwater
Downtown Clearwater is a hot place to live, and we're not just talking about the weather. In addition to the gorgeous climate, Cleveland Street District (aka, "Downtown") is known for its waterfront development that has something for every resident to enjoy. Whether you're a fan of the arts, culture, sports, or history, you'll never be bored living downtown with Capitol Theatre, Pinewood Cultural Park, Pier 60, and Bright House Field all within reach.
However, the prime location comes at a high cost and residents often have to choose between a smaller living space in the perfect place or moving away from the city center to gain enough square footage while staying within their budget. This is where Clearwater mini storage is a valuable asset to help Cleveland Street District residents fit comfortably in their homes. When living downtown, you can store rarely used or seasonal items in a Clearwater storage unit to free up more space at home, making life more organized and comfortable.
Self storage amenities to consider when living in Downtown Clearwater:
- Downtown Location: You most likely chose to live downtown because of its proximity to everything, so logically your storage unit should be close by, too. Easy access is key when using storage to expand your living space, so look for a Clearwater storage facility that's downtown.
- Facility Security: If you're storing valuables in a downtown Clearwater storage unit, you'll want to make sure they're safe. All storage facilities offer basic security features like gated access and unit locks, but if you'd like more protection for your peace of mind, look for advanced security features like alarmed units, video surveillance, and on-site management.
Self Storage for College Students
Clearwater is home to many students with several colleges and specialized institutes of higher education in the area. College is a must for a lot of people and although the academic aspect can be difficult, learning to live in cramped, close quarters can be the biggest challenge.
Whether you're living on campus in a residence hall or you're sharing an apartment off campus with a few roommates, the struggle is real when it comes to having enough space for your belongings. Instead of finding a more spacious and expensive place to live or downsizing your possessions, consider a Clearwater storage unit for the things you don't need on a daily basis.
Recreational equipment, seasonal clothing, and extra furniture take up valuable space you don't have; store them in Clearwater mini storage until you need them. If you're going home for the summer, save yourself the stress of moving everything home only to bring it back three months later by storing it in a Clearwater storage unit until August.
Helpful storage features for college students:
- Unit Size: For storing college essentials like bedding, a mini-fridge, school supplies, or dorm room décor, a 5x5 or 5x10 unit should do the trick. A 5x5 unit starts around $40 per month in Clearwater, with larger units costing more. Consider sharing a unit with a friend or roommate to make your storage solution more budget-friendly.
- Short-Term Rental Agreement: Look for a storage facility in Clearwater that offers flexible leases that allow you to rent on a monthly or weekly basis; this way you're not stuck in a lease and paying for storage when you only need it for a limited time.
- Climate Control: If you're storing your belongings over the summer, look for a Clearwater storage facility with climate-controlled units. Florida's excessive heat and humidity can damage sensitive items like books, electronics, wood furniture, and more. A climate-controlled unit will stay between 55-85°F with low humidity so your belongings are safe from the sun and moisture.
The climate in Clearwater demands that you go out and explore the city. You can go sailing on Old Tampa Bay, biking along Pinellas Trail, snorkeling off Clearwater Beach, golfing at Cove Cay Country Club, or hiking through Moccasin Lake Nature Park—there are tons of opportunities for you to enjoy outdoor life in the city.
When you're not out having fun though, all of your recreational gear can take up a lot of space. From scuba gear to bicycles, this equipment is necessary for outdoor hobbies, but needs a good storage solution when it's not in use. Using Clearwater self storage, you can safely store your equipment when you're not using it so everything is ready for your next adventure, and you're not tripping over it at home.
Storage amenities to consider when storing recreational equipment:
- Unit Size: Measure your equipment before renting a unit to make sure you rent the right amount of space. A 5x5 unit is great for storing golf clubs or fishing gear whereas you'll want a 5x10 unit for bicycle or kayak storage. Take a look at our interactive storage unit size guide for additional information.
- 24-Hour Access: A Clearwater storage facility with 24-hour access is perfect for spontaneous excursions. When you get the urge to go out and hit the open road or when you're out later than planned, a storage facility offering 24-hour access puts you in control so you can access your unit whenever it's convenient for your schedule.
- Facility Location: Choose a storage facility that is close to home or close to the place you regularly use your recreational gear. You'll want your equipment nearby when you frequent the trails or golf courses instead of a long drive across town.
Auto, Boat, and RV Storage in Clearwater
Clearwater is a great city to have some fun in the sun and with a city-held world record of 361 days of sunshine, there's a lot of fun to be had for everyone. Nestled between the Gulf of Mexico and Old Tampa Bay, with Tampa and St. Petersburg a short drive away, there's no shortage of places to take your toys out for a ride.
Whether you're boating on the Gulf or cruising down the Clearwater Memorial Causeway, the city is begging you to go out and enjoy life. When you're not cruising the waterways or highways, those toys can be challenging when you need space to store them at home. Clearwater vehicle storage makes it easy to store all of your fun vehicles so they're safe, out of the way, and are ready for your next adventure.
Storage options for vehicles include:
- Outdoor storage is the most affordable option and offers no protection from the elements.
- Covered storage is slightly more expensive and provides some shelter from the elements.
- Indoor storage is the most expensive option and it provides total protection from the elements.
Additional vehicle storage features to consider:
- Facility Security: Your vehicles may well be your pride and joy, so you'll want to make sure they're safe wherever you choose to store them. All storage facilities offer standard security measures including gated access and unit locks. If you're looking for a little extra security for your peace of mind, look for a Clearwater storage facility with more advanced measures like alarmed units, video surveillance, and on-site management.
- Climate Control: If you're storing heat-sensitive vehicles in your storage unit, like a classic car or a boat you're restoring, consider a climate-controlled unit. Florida is notoriously known for its hot and humid climate; climate control combats the heat by keeping your unit at a comfortable temperature, between 55-85°F with low humidity, ensuring that your sensitive belongings are not damaged.
RENT YOUR CLEARWATER STORAGE UNIT TODAY!
Thanks for visiting Storage.com to explore your Clearwater self storage options. If you've found the Clearwater storage unit you need, you can make your reservation right here on our site, or you can call in to speak with a storage representative.