Do you need a self storage unit in Richmond? Storage.com is your one-stop shop for all your storage needs: you can compare storage facilities by price, location, and amenities right here. When you've found the best unit for you, you'll be able to reserve it quickly and easily through Storage.com, as well.
COMMON REASONS FOR USING SELF STORAGE IN RICHMOND
Richmond is both a deeply historical city and a vibrant modern community. The historical tapestry of Richmond includes many important events and locations such as St. John's Church, where Patrick Henry delivered his famous speech, or the Museum of the Confederacy, showcasing a large collection of Civil War artifacts. Blending the old with the new, downtown Richmond is a vibrant center of culture and development with its restaurants and city events.
No matter what your reasons for residing in Richmond, reasons for using self storage abound. Whether you need to store your belongings during a move, need a storage solution for recreational equipment or other items taking up too much space, or you have business storage needs, Richmond self storage is an easy solution for a variety of situations.
Moving to Richmond
Richmond's economy is powered by the financial and legal sectors, but banks and law firms are not the only strong companies in the history-rich town. The city is home to six Fortune 500 companies: Altria Group, Dominion Resources, CarMax, Genworth Financial, Owens & Minor, Inc. and MeadWestvaco Corporation.
The city has also been rated as one of the best smaller towns to live in, and has high satisfaction ratings with residents. Diverse, historically rich, and full of great communities, Richmond is perfect for career seekers, families, and retirees, as well.
Though your destination may be perfect, the process of moving can be stressful if you aren't prepared. Richmond self storage can help mitigate unpleasant experiences by giving you a safe place to store your belongings as you get settled in your new home. If you're between leases, waiting for an available move-in date, or still looking for the perfect place in your new community, keeping your belongings in a Richmond storage unit can make the relocation process much easier.
Amenities to consider when relocating:
- Climate Control: If you intend to store sensitive items like electronics, wood furniture, photos, or books, it's important that your unit be climate-controlled. Humidity changes and extreme temperatures can damage your property, so maintaining a safe range of temperature and humidity is a good idea. Climate control will keep your Richmond storage unit between 55-85°F with low humidity, no matter what the outdoor conditions.
- Drive-Up Access: When you're moving furniture and other heavy items, drive-up access will relieve some of the physical strain by allowing you to park your truck or moving van right next to your unit and efficiently load your belongings in and out. With the help of a hand truck, moving items into a drive-up access unit can be practically effortless.
- Short-Term Rental Agreement: If you're intending to move all of your items out of your storage unit as soon as you find a place, you won't want a long-term contract. Find a Richmond storage facility that will rent to you month-to-month for best value in these situations.
Living in Downtown Richmond
Downtown Richmond has a lot to explore. The Canal Walk along the James River is a center of activity. Boat tours are a fun way to learn about the history of downtown and the rest of the city, as well. If the canal tours don't give you your fix of historical education, you can visit the American Civil War Museum at Historic Tredegar, which is housed in the old Tredegar Iron Works foundry where weapons were made during the war. The Virginia Holocaust Museum and the Virginia War Memorial are also located in downtown Richmond. The Edgar Allan Poe Museum catalogs the history and writings of the eclectic author very near where he lived and worked.
Living downtown also places you next to an enormous variety of restaurants; look for the Downtown Richmond Restaurant Guide to find a list along with parking for over 160 restaurants, often locally owned and operated. Venture Richmond is a program dedicated to development of downtown and bringing great events to the community like Friday Cheers, an annual outdoor concert series on beautiful Brown's Island.
As beautiful and lively as downtown is, living spaces can be a bit on the small side. If you find you don't quite have enough room for your belongings, self storage might be the answer.
Features to consider when living downtown:
- Climate Control: If you're storing sensitive items year-round, you'll want to make sure the unit you choose has climate control. Temperature extremes and humidity can damage wooden furniture, electronics, and other items. Climate-controlled storage units in Richmond will remain between 55-85°F with low humidity.
- Downtown Location: Downtown living puts you close to the fun; match your storage to that convenience. A storage unit in downtown Richmond will ensure you can access your possessions easily.
- Unit Size: if you have a specific item or number of items in mind, it's a good idea to measure your things before renting. Don't pay for more space than you need! Units are available from 5x5 to 20x30.
Storing Recreational Equipment
If history isn't your thing, there's still plenty to do in Richmond: Activities on the James River include kayaking, tubing, and rafting, so if you like an exciting day on the water, you'll find something fun. If you prefer a more relaxed experience, fishing and sunbathing are also very popular along the river.
Richmond offers a lot of sporting opportunities off the river, as well. The abundance of bicycle trails might persuade you to purchase some high-end biking gear. The Canal Walk is a center for adjoining bike trails, and the Richmond Area Bicycling Association organizes events for riders of all levels regularly. If you prefer riding off-road, mountain biking in Richmond is very popular. The James River Park System offers trails for beginners and advanced riders alike.
No matter what your recreational interests, self storage can save a lot of space at home, especially if you're in an apartment without access to a garage. Store items like golf clubs, bicycles, kayaks, and more in the off-season.
Amenities for storing recreational equipment:
- Drive-Up Access: Especially if you're storing a large item that's awkward to move (like a kayak), drive-up access will help you get your equipment quickly and let you get your adventure started as quickly as possible.
- Unit Size: Measure large equipment to make sure you rent the right unit for you. Smaller items like fishing equipment shouldn't require more than a 5x5 unit.
Richmond is ranked 51st in the nation by Forbes as one of the "Best Places for Business and Careers." If you're running a small business in Richmond, you may have files, inventory, or equipment that won't fit in your place of business and that you need to store affordably. If you work from home, maybe you're even thinking of using a Richmond storage unit as an office away from the house. Richmond mini storage a flexible and economical tool for businesses, so look into a unit for your space needs today.
Features to consider for business storage:
- Climate Control: Documents and electronics can be damaged by humidity or extreme temperatures. A climate-controlled storage unit in Richmond will keep these important components of your business safe and dry.
- Facility Security: All facilities offer basic security features, but when it comes to business, the things you're storing are key to your livelihood. You may want to find a Richmond storage facility with extra security features such as camera surveillance, unit alarms, or on-site management.
- Business Amenities: If you plan to do any work at your unit, you'll need to make sure the facility you choose can support it with internet access and electrical outlets inside units. Some Richmond storage facilities even have business centers, with conference space, restrooms, and more.
RENT SELF STORAGE IN RICHMOND TODAY!
Thank you for using Storage.com. If you've found the right space for your needs, you can reserve your Richmond storage unit online today, or call in to speak with one of our storage representatives if you need any assistance.