Are you on the lookout for a storage unit in Dallas, TX? Search no further because Storage.com has everything you need to find the ideal facility for all of your storage needs! By using our site features, you can identify self storage facilities in your city, read up on their available unit sizes and featured amenities, and even make a reservation—right here online!
COMMON REASONS FOR RENTING A STORAGE UNIT IN DALLAS
People come to self storage for a variety of reasons. In Dallas, people use it for relocation as well as clearing space in their home, apartment, or dormitory. Even commercial clients find practical use for a storage unit.
Relocating/Moving to Dallas
Dallas is the ninth most populous city and the fourth most populous metropolitan area in the United States, and this city is truly a spectacular sight to behold. The skyline is rich with a mixture of modern and postmodern architecture such as the Reunion Tower, Bank of America Plaza, Comerica Bank Tower, and the JPMorgan Chase Tower. Among these towering giants are vast residential and commercial areas for residents to live and work. The city also has some lovely features including lush green trees and several lakes.
In addition to its grand physical beauty, Dallas is also a city with a strong economy. Health care stands as one of the city’s top means of employment, with companies such as Texas Health Resources Inc., Baylor Health Care System, and UT-Southwestern Medical Center. Other major industries include engineering and technological services; companies like AT&T, the Raytheon Company, and Lockheed Martin Aeronautics are just a few examples. The city is also home to the State Fair of Texas, which has been held at Fair Park every year since 1886. Sports fans will also find plenty to keep themselves occupied with the Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, and Stars all based here.
However, before new residents can partake in the glitz and glam of Dallas, they face the challenges that are intrinsic to relocation. Finding a new home of adequate size can take a while, not to mention the cost of living varies from city to city.
Storage amenities for new residents:
- Unit Size: How much storage space do you need? That depends on what and how much you need to store. A few boxes, plus odds and ends, can easily be accommodated in a standard 5x5. Upgrade to something a little larger, such as a 10x10 or more, if necessary.
- Drive-Up Access: Transportation can be rough, especially when dealing with enormous, bulky items such as furniture. With drive-up access, you can park your vehicle directly in front of your unit when unloading.
- Climate Control: While the subtropical climate of Dallas might be soothing to your skin, it can be damaging to pent-up storage items. With a climate-controlled storage unit, however, you can ensure that the inside of your unit remains at a consistent 55-85 degrees Fahrenheit. With this feature, items sensitive to temperature (such as electronics and photographs) will be well preserved.
Living in Downtown Dallas
Many people choose to live in Downtown Dallas, and it’s no wonder why. First off, the popular urban area has been experiencing a series of residential conversions for a number of years, so finding an apartment or condominium is becoming easier as time goes on.
Living downtown is also convenient, as it puts you closer to some of the city’s most prominent districts. Apart from the Central Business District, downtown is also home to Dallas’s Historic District and Arts District. At the latter, you can see various attractions such as the recently opened Margot and Bill Winspear Opera House, the Museum Tower, and the Dallas Museum of Art.
While it may put you closer to the action, living downtown also tends to eat up a good deal of living expenses. To counter this, many downtown residents settle for smaller living spaces, which in turn leaves very little at-home storage space. This is where having a self storage unit in Downtown Dallas can be of great help!
Useful features for storage in Downtown Dallas:
- Location Proximity: If work and play is close to home, your storage unit and everything you own should be as well. Finding a Dallas self storage facility within close proximity of where you live is a breeze when you use Storage.com's search features.
- Advanced Security Features: Ensure the best possible protection for your properties by only renting from a self storage facility with adequate security amenities. Features such as video surveillance, on-site management, and gated entry are must-haves. Individually alarmed units won’t hurt, either.
- Extended Access Hours: To make even better use of your Dallas storage unit, you might look into getting 24-hour access. With this amenity, you can enter the facility grounds and access your unit at a time that is most convenient for you. Tenants who work odd working hours will find this very useful.
Storage for College Students in Dallas
Dallas is a swell place for furthering one’s education. The University of Texas Southwestern Medical School is one of the fastest-growing medical institutions in the world, making this a great city of people interested in pursuing a career in health care. Other superb local institutes include Texas Woman’s University, Paul Quinn College, University of North Texas at Dallas, and Dallas Baptist University.
College is important in the lives of many people, although it can also be harsh on living expenses. Whether you are living in a dormitory, apartment, or house—and whether you are living alone or with roommates—you might need to settle for a smaller living space to save money for tuition and textbooks. Using college storage in Dallas is a good solution; if you’re rooming with other students, you can save even more money by sharing the storage unit and splitting the rental fee.
Amenities for college storage in Dallas:
- Location Proximity: If your storage unit is located close to your residence or school—or somewhere between the two—you can pick up or deposit any items you need on short notice. As a college student, you’re bound to a schedule and any time saved is worth it.
- Extended Access Hours: Your schedule might also designate your spare time to the early morning or late evening—maybe even later! Most storage facilities close in the late afternoon, so you might want to rent from a Dallas storage operator whose stores offer 24-hour access. Now you can swing by your unit according to your own schedule.
- Climate Control: Whether you are using your storage unit for college supplies—such as laptops or papers—or extra household items, you should make a point of insulating them from harsh temperatures. This is where having a climate-controlled self storage unit in Dallas is handy.
Automobile Storage in Dallas
In a metropolitan area as monstrous as Dallas, your access to parking lots and parking garages could be limited. If you own an automobile, you can either keep it in a parking garage or utilize your self storage space or unit instead.
Amenities for vehicle storage in Dallas:
- Indoor/Outdoor/Covered Vehicle Storage: The toughest decision when using automobile storage is deciding what kind you want to use. For the least amount of money, you can store it outdoors, in a lot designated by the facility for vehicles. Covered vehicle storage, which isn’t as common, is also outdoors but features an elevated roof over the vehicles for protection. The most expensive of the three, indoor storage functions like a garage, with the automobile kept inside a storage unit. This is a must-have when storing vintage model cars.
- Advanced Security Features: Owning and maintaining a vehicle is not cheap, so protect your investment with a facility with good security features. At the very least, the facility should have gated entry to deter thieves.
Storing Recreational Equipment
Dallas is close to two large bodies of water—White Rock Lake and Bachman Lake—which are open to public recreation. But what should you do with your boat and other recreational toys when you are not using them? Large items such as these tend to take up a lot of space in the garage. You can save space by moving these into a self storage unit.
Storage amenities for recreational equipment:
- Boat/RV Storage: Before you worry about calculating unit sizes for your RV or boat, did you know that some storage facilities already have designated storage spaces and units designed for these very items? Some of them even provide the option of indoor and outdoor storage.
- Extended Access Hours: Fun time can start early in the morning and end very late at night. To avoid scheduling conflicts with the self storage facility, look into getting 24-hour access.
- Advanced Security Features: Protect your investment by storing your recreational equipment in a facility with adequate security amenities. Video surveillance, on-site management, and units with individual alarms will contribute greatly to keeping your recreational equipment safe while it is in storage.
RENT A DALLAS STORAGE UNIT TODAY!
Thank you for stopping by Storage.com! Once you have found a self storage unit in Dallas that fits your needs, remember: you can reserve it right here on our site!