Storage.com has the answer to your self storage needs in Columbia, SC. Our site allows you to search and compare Columbia storage units within minutes based on size, location, price, and features. Whatever your storage requirements, Storage.com is here to help.
COMMON REASONS FOR USING SELF STORAGE IN COLUMBIA, SOUTH CAROLINA
You may be moving to Columbia for school, work, or the military. You might need extra space in your Columbia home for household items, or need a place to store all your recreational equipment. Whatever your reason for needing self storage, you can find a Columbia storage unit that fits your needs.
Relocating to Columbia
Columbia offers a beautiful climate, scenic surroundings, and an average of 300 days of sunshine, making it a popular destination for visitors and new residents each year. With its diversified economy, Columbia offers many job opportunities for people wishing to change or develop their careers. This "Capital of Southern Hospitality" is home to Fortune 1000 energy company SCANA, as well as a number of Fortune 500 companies and foreign affiliated companies, including AFLAC and Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company. Many major manufacturers including Michelin, Honeywell, and Bose Corporation, have facilities in the Columbia area as well.
Relocating to a new city for work is stressful enough without having to worry about finding a home. Keeping your belongings in a storage unit can help ease the transition. Rent Columbia self storage to store your belongings until you find the perfect place. Then, you won't feel rushed into a lease or a mortgage until you're sure you've found the right home, and you can take your time moving into your new home as you transfer your furnishings out of your storage unit. Also, if you find yourself between leases or closing dates for a few days or few weeks, you can keep your belongings in Columbia self storage while you start your new job and finalize your moving arrangements.
Storage features to consider when relocating:
- Drive-up Access: Unload heavy items like furniture and appliances quickly and safely by driving your car or moving truck right up to your storage unit.
- Short-Term Rental Agreement: Hopefully finding a place to call home won't take too long. Look for storage facilities in Columbia that offer weekly or monthly leases so you don't pay for storage longer than you need it.
Living at Fort Jackson
Columbia is a key location for the US Military. Fort Jackson, the largest and most active initial entry training center for the U.S. Army, is stationed in Columbia. More than 3,600 soldiers and 10,000 family members live and work on the base, with an additional 14,000 soldiers attending courses at military support schools nearby. Annually, over 100,000 people visit the fort each year for basic training activities and graduation. If you are relocating to work, live, or serve at Fort Jackson, a storage unit in Columbia can help store your extra belongings and give you the freedom to focus on your work while still having the belongings you need available to you.
Storage features to consider:
- Vehicle Storage: While training, you can store your vehicle at a storage facility nearby. Columbia vehicle storage is an easy way to keep your vehicle safe from the elements and theft.
- Security: Security features like video surveillance, unit alarms, or on-site management are available at some Columbia storage facilities to help ensure your belongings are kept safe while living and training on base. Decide what security features are important to you when looking for a storage unit to rent.
Storage for College Students
Columbia attracts a large number of students to the city. Whether attending the University of South Carolina, Columbia College, or one of the many other institutions, Columbia mini storage can be very helpful for students moving to the city. Renting a Columbia storage locker can help take the pressure off of packing and moving your belongings for summer break only to move them back in a few months. Store seasonal clothing, furniture, and recreational equipment in a storage unit for the summer, or even during the school year if you need more space in your dorm room.
Storage features for college students to consider:
- Unit Size:You can easily store a desk, dresser, and a few boxes in a 5'x5' unit. To save more money, consider renting a storage unit with a friend.
- Climate Control: Columbia's hot and humid summers can wreak havoc on your electronics, wood furniture, and pictures. Renting a climate-controlled storage unit in Columbia will keep your items safe and dry between 55-85°F with low humidity.
- Security: Most storage facilities provide gated access and unit locks as basic security features. Some facilities also provide advanced features like unit alarms, on-site management, or video surveillance. Knowing your belongings are safe will give you peace of mind while you're away.
Columbia is known for being famously hot, but that doesn't stop people from staying active. Whether you want to bike the trails or play baseball with friends, Columbia offers a place for both and more. Enjoy a nice picnic and outdoor festival at Finlay Park, or spend the day at the Riverbanks Zoo and Garden. Pack a backpack and hike the trails in Congaree National Park, a 22,000-acre park that has the tallest trees in the eastern United States.
Columbia sits next to the confluence of the Saluda River, the Broad River, and the Congaree River. Grab your canoe or kayak and float down one river into another, or sit alongside the waters with your fishing pole. When you're not outside, you can store your equipment in a Columbia storage unit until you're ready to pull it out again.
Features to consider when storing recreational equipment:
- 24-Hour Access: You never know when you will feel the urge to ride your bike or go fishing, or when you might be returning late from an outing. Look for a facility that offers 24-hour access so you can come and go as you please.
- Short-Term Rental Agreement: You might only want to store your equipment for the winter season, which is not very long in South Carolina. Have the flexibility of renting a unit weekly or monthly and don't worry about paying for storage longer than necessary.
- Unit Size: Measure the gear you want to store to make sure you rent the correct size unit. No matter if you're storing golf clubs, camping gear, kayaks, or mountain bikes, storage units of all sizes are available to fit your equipment. You can use our interactive sizing guide to learn more about what size unit is right for you.
Storage for Boats and RVs
Many people visit the beautiful parks and natural environs throughout the region. Some participate in water sports on the many local rivers, while others pack up their RV, and take trips to parks outside the city, or head to the coast to enjoy beachside relaxation.
Finding storage at home for the big equipment required for these hobbies can be difficult. Consider renting a Columbia vehicle storage so you can keep your boats, RV, or other valuable vehicles and equipment safe and out of the way until you are ready for your next trip.
Features to consider for vehicle storage:
- Proximity: Find a storage unit near your home or near your favorite park or camping site to make it easier to get your equipment when the urge for an outdoor adventure strikes.
- Security Features: Vehicles of any sort are a valuable investment, so you'll want to know they're safe while in storage. Look for a Columbia storage facility with advanced security features like alarmed units, video surveillance, or on-site management for greater peace of mind.
Storage options for RVs and vehicles:
- Outdoor storage is the most affordable option, but provides no protection from the elements.
- Covered storage is a little more expensive, but provides some protection from the weather.
- Indoor storage is the most expensive, but provides the most protection from both weather and theft.
RENT YOUR COLUMBIA STORAGE UNIT TODAY!
Thank you for visit Storage.com to find Columbia self storage. Rent your unit right here on our website, or call in to speak to a storage representative.