On the hunt for Cincinnati self storage? You've come to the right place! Storage.com is here to help you find a storage unit that specifically matches your storage needs. Whether you're moving to the area, need more space in your current living space, or are looking to use self storage for business, we can help you find a storage solution!
COMMON USES FOR SELF STORAGE IN CINCINNATI
Self storage facilities offer a wide range of services and storage unit sizes to accommodate different storage needs. By taking the time to identify the options that work best for your specific situation, you make things easier on yourself and will have a much more enjoyable storage experience. Let's take a look at a few common uses for Cincinnati mini storage, and some of the things you should consider.
Moving to Cincinnati
In a city with a population of over 2 million, people are constantly moving in and out of the area. With the average cost of living sitting at roughly 20% below the national average and great employment opportunities at rapidly growing companies like Graybach, The Business Backer, and Healthcare Regional Marketing, it shouldn't come as a surprise that Cincinnati is attracting new residents.
If you're in the process of making a move to Cincinnati and plan on renting a storage unit to help during this time, there are a few things to consider:
- Determining storage unit size - When moving the contents of an entire home, you're going to be renting a larger storage unit. But renting a storage unit that's too large means you're wasting money. Before you make the decision on which unit size to rent, make a detailed inventory of everything that will be stored. It will give you a much better idea of the space you will need.
- Finding a storage facility with drive-up access - Moving the contents of a home means moving couches, mattresses, dressers, desks, and other heavy items. Believe us when we tell you that renting a storage unit with drive-up access is the only way to go during a move, as you'll be able to pull your car or moving truck right up to your unit and unload everything without having to carry it across the facility.
- Flexible leases - In the instance of moving, self storage is usually a short-term solution used until a new living space has been identified or is ready for move in. This can sometimes be a few weeks or a few months. Fortunately, most Cincinnati storage facilities have month-to-month leases; some may even have week-to-week.
Using Storage While Attending College in Cincinnati
If you're among the 40,000+ students enrolled at University of Cincinnati, or you attend other schools in the area like Xavier University or Mount St. Joseph University, renting a storage unit during school breaks might be on your mind. Especially over summer breaks when many students head home for the summer, self storage is a better option than renting a moving truck and driving everything home for a few months.
Some things to think about when renting a Cincinnati storage unit over the summer include:
- Renting storage during a high-demand season - Not only are other students trying to rent storage units during this time, but it's also a busy season for storage due to people buying and selling homes. Stay ahead of the game and start looking well before you need to use storage.
- Using smaller unit sizes - Depending on how much you plan to store, a 5x5 or a 5x10 storage unit should be more than capable of holding your things. A 5x5 storage unit will typically work for students moving out of the dorm rooms and rent for $25 to $50 a month. If you're moving out of an apartment and have more furniture, a 5x10 storage unit will rent for around $40 to $60 a month. You can also share a storage unit with a roommate or friend to save money.
- Choosing a facility location - Since you'll likely be moving your things to a storage unit at the beginning of the summer and moving them out at the end, proximity to campus doesn't have to be high on your priority list. Some storage units near University of Cincinnati rent for nearly double of those farther away. If you'd like to save some money, keep this in mind.
Living in Downtown Cincinnati
When you live in Downtown Cincinnati, you're close to all of the action. Having the ability to walk to restaurants and nightlife options in the area, easy access to concerts at Fountain Square and U.S. Bank Arena, and watching games at Paul Brown Stadium and Great American Ballpark means you'll always have something to do. There is a downside to living downtown, though, and that's the lack of space in apartments, lofts, and condos.
That's why residents of Downtown Cincinnati often use storage units to get additional space. In these situations, Cincinnati storage units are often used to hold seasonal clothing and decorations or even modes of transportation, such as a car, motorcycle, or bike. It's a great way for downtown residents to have enough space for all of their items without having to downsize or upgrade to a larger apartment.
When looking for mini storage in Downtown Cincinnati, keep these things in mind:
- Proximity to your home - If you plan on keeping belongings you need frequently, being able to walk to the facility is a must. You wouldn't want to drive your car or ride your bike unnecessarily, would you?
- Access hours - When storing things you might need at a moment's notice, make sure you can get into the storage facility. Extended access hours or even 24-hour access would be a good idea in this instance.
PROTECTING YOUR BELONGINGS IN CINCINNATI STORAGE
When looking for self storage in Cincinnati, the safety of your belongings should be at the front of your mind. There are two things you should look out for to make sure your things remain safe while in storage:
- Security features - Storage facilities throughout Cincinnati offer security features ranging from basic to more advanced. Basic features include gated access and unit locks. Advanced security options include alarmed units, video surveillance, and resident managers.
- Climate control - Items like electronics, antiques, and photos are susceptible to damage caused by extreme temperatures or humidity. With climate control, you can protect your storage items by maintaining a consistent temperature and humidity level inside your unit.
RENT YOUR CINCINNATI STORAGE UNIT
You've seen what storage can do for you and which features make the most sense for your situation. Now, it's time to rent. All you have to do is find the storage unit that matches your personal needs, and you can reserve your unit directly on our website, or by calling in to speak with one of our storage representatives.