Looking for a self storage facility in Las Vegas, NM? Look no further, Storage.com is here to help! With our site features, you can search, compare, and rent storage within minutes based on location, unit size, price, and amenities. Once you find a unit that suits your needs, reserving it is no problem—you can rent it right here at Storage.com!
Common Reasons for Using Self Storage in Las Vegas
Whether you're moving to the city from out of town, going to school at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, need to store seasonal items, or looking for some extra space, we're here to help you find a storage unit in Las Vegas that suits your needs.
Relocating to Las Vegas
The most populated city in Nevada, Las Vegas is home to the two largest universities in the state and a booming tourism industry. With job opportunities, schools, the Strip, and a great climate, Las Vegas has a lot of opportunities to offer residents.
As the self-proclaimed "Entertainment Capital of the World," Las Vegas supports thriving tourism, gaming, and convention industries that fuel the retail and restaurant economies. Some of the largest employers include MGM Resorts International, Caesars Entertainment, Station Casinos LLC, and Wynn Resorts. With four Fortune 500 companies headquartered in Las Vegas, there is no shortage of employment opportunities.
Relocating is always an exciting experience, but transitioning into a new home and starting a new job can be stressful. Rent a storage locker in Las Vegas to help ease the strain of moving. You can store all of your household items in Las Vegas mini storage while you're finding the perfect place to live. Once you've found your new home, you can take your time unpacking your belongings from your storage unit into your new home.
Helpful storage features when relocating:
- Drive-Up Access: Work smarter, not harder, when you're moving. Rent a Las Vegas storage unit with drive-up access to make loading and unloading easy. You can back a moving truck up to the door of your unit so transferring heavy or bulky items is more manageable.
- Short-Term Rental Agreement: If all goes well, you won't be in transition for long. Look for a Las Vegas storage facility that offers flexible leases that allow you to rent on a monthly or weekly basis. That way, you're not paying for storage longer than you need it.
- Climate Control: If you're storing items during the summer months, you should consider climate-controlled storage in Las Vegas. Climate control will keep your unit between 55-85 degrees with low humidity, ensuring your sensitive belongings like electronics, wood furniture, photos, and more are not damaged.
Self Storage for Businesses
Las Vegas is one of the most business-friendly cities in the nation with relatively low taxes and neither city nor state income taxes. As a result, starting a business or moving your company to Las Vegas has some benefits. Whether you're just starting out, you're growing your business, or you've been around town for a while, using Las Vegas self storage can be a savvy move for a business owner.
With space being such a valuable, albeit expensive, commodity, businesses of any size or in any industry can use self storage as an economical alternative to renting additional office or warehouse space. Here are a few ways businesses use self storage:
- Store excess office supplies (such as furniture, electronics, and paper products).
- Store inventory and equipment.
- Some storage facilities have business centers with Wi-Fi and conference rooms so you can stay connected while you're at your unit.
Storage amenities to consider for your business:
- Facility Security: If you're storing business assets or inventory in a storage unit, you'll want to make sure the facility has basic security features like gated access and unit locks. Depending on the items you're storing, consider advanced options like alarmed units, video surveillance, or on-site management.
- Proximity: Take into account the location of the facility when looking at Las Vegas storage units. If you're going to be accessing your unit frequently, you'll want something close to your business.
- Climate Control: A climate-controlled storage unit in Las Vegas is important if you're storing electronics, wood furniture, sensitive inventory, or important documents. Summers in Nevada can reach temperatures between 90–105 degrees and excessive heat will damage certain items in storage. Climate control will keep your unit between 55–85 degrees.
Self Storage for College Students
With both the University of Nevada, Las Vegas and the College of Southern Nevada located in the metro area, Las Vegas is home to around 72,000 students living on and off campus. College is a must for a lot of people, but it can also be a very cramped experience when you're living in close quarters.
Whether you're living on campus in a dorm room or you're sharing an off-campus apartment with several roommates, not having enough space is a common problem. Instead of finding a more spacious and expensive apartment or downsizing your valuables (or roommates), consider a storage unit for things you don't always need.
Seasonal clothing, recreational equipment, and extra furniture take up space you don't have; keep them in a storage locker until you need them. If you're going home for the summer, save yourself the hassle of hauling everything home and bringing it back three months later by storing it in Las Vegas mini storage until August.
Storage features to consider for college students:
- Short-term Rental Agreement: Look for Las Vegas storage facilities that offer monthly or weekly rental agreements so you're not paying for storage longer than you need it.
- Climate Control: If you're storing over the summer, you might want to rent a storage unit with climate control because excessive heat can damage sensitive items like books, electronics, wood furniture, and more. Although Las Vegas experiences temperatures between 90–105 degrees in the summer, a climate-controlled storage unit will remain between 55–85 degrees, keeping your belongings safe.
- Unit Size: If you're storing college essentials like bedding, a mini-fridge, and school supplies, a 5x5 or 5x10 unit should suffice. A 5x5 unit runs between $15–35 per month in Las Vegas; larger units cost more. Consider sharing a unit with a friend to make your storage even more budget friendly.
Storing Recreational Equipment
The climate and scenery in Las Vegas offer a lot of opportunities for outdoor adventures, and we're not talking about walking the Strip. Whether you're exploring the Hoover Dam, taking a day trip to the Grand Canyon, or playing tennis at Desert Palm Tennis Club, there are a variety of opportunities to go out and enjoy the desert landscape.
However, outdoor gear can take up a lot of space. From golf clubs to kayaks to RVs, these "toys" are necessary for outdoor hobbies, but need a good storage solution when they're not in use. You can store all your equipment in Las Vegas mini storage when you're not using it so everything is ready for your next adventure and you're not tripping over it at home.
Storage amenities to consider when storing recreational equipment:
- Unit Size: Measure your equipment before renting a unit to make sure you have the right amount of space. A 5x5 unit is great for storing golf clubs and tennis rackets, but you'll want a 5x10 for mountain bikes and kayaks. RVs and boats can be stored in Las Vegas vehicle storage. Take a look at our interactive storage unit size guide for additional information.
- 24-Hour Access: A facility with 24-hour access is perfect for spontaneous excursions. When you get the urge to hit the road or when you're out later than planned, a 24-hour storage facility gives you access to your equipment whenever it's convenient for you.
- Facility Location: Choose a storage facility that is close to your home or close to the place you want to use your recreational gear. When you frequent the trails or golf courses regularly, you'll want your equipment just down the street instead of a 30-minute drive across town.
RENT YOUR LAS VEGAS STORAGE UNIT TODAY!
Thank you for using Storage.com to find Las Vegas self storage facilities. If you've found the storage unit you need, you can reserve it right here on our site, or you can call in to speak with a storage representative.