Storage.com can help you find self storage in West Palm Beach, FL to fit all of your storage needs. Storage.com is your one-stop shop for finding, comparing, and renting storage. You can even filter your search for location, price, unit size, and special features. Whether you're moving and need somewhere to keep your belongings while you're between homes, or you're just trying to clear out seasonal items from your current home, Storage.com is here to help!
COMMON REASONS FOR USING STORAGE IN WEST PALM BEACH
Relocating to West Palm Beach
West Palm Beach is known for its tourist attractions and seaside location and is one of three major cities that are located in southern Florida. Are you interested in aerospace manufacturing or engines? Some of the largest employers in the West Palm Beach area are experts in that field. Some of the largest employers are Sikorsky Aircraft, General Dynamics Corporation and Pratt and Whitney Rocketdyne. These employers focus on aircraft manufacturing, defense contracting, and rocket engines.
Whether it was a new job or the sunny shores and palm trees that brought you to this south Florida city, a self storage unit can make the transition to your new house stress and hassle free.
Self storage features to consider while relocating to West Palm Beach
- Facility Security: Since all of your belongings will be in your storage unit, you'll want to know that they will be protected from theft. Most West Palm Beach storage facilities provide basic security amenities like gated access or unit locks. Some facilities even provide advanced security features like video surveillance, alarmed units, or on-site management.
- Climate Controlled Units: West Palm Beach is a hot and humid location most of the year, which can be damaging to environmentally sensitive items, such as electronics, antiques, fabrics, books, and family photos. Because of this severe climate, you will want to rent a climate-controlled storage unit in West Palm Beach if you have sensitive items you want to protect.
- Drive-Up Access: Drive-up access makes it easy to load everything into your storage unit directly off a moving truck and then move it back out again. When moving large, heavy items like kitchen appliances or bedroom sets and couches, a unit with drive-up access is a smart choice.
- Short-Term Contract: Since you'll most likely be using the storage unit for a short period of time while you are moving into your new house, you'll want to find a storage facility that offers a short-term, flexible contract to avoid paying for storage longer than you will need it.
Residents of West Palm Beach will never be at a loss for something to do on the weekends. Between the number of prestigious golf courses and water sport opportunities, there is always something fun to do in West Palm Beach. However, all of the surf boards, beach chairs, and umbrellas take up a lot of room in your already crowded garage. By investing in a self storage unit, you do not need to sacrifice certain belongings that help you enjoy your favorite past time because of current space constraints.
Self Storage features to consider when storing recreational equipment:
- Climate-Controlled Units: When it comes to storing your favorite set of golf clubs or beach equipment, you want to make sure you are leaving it in the best possible environment when you are not using it. By investing in a climate-controlled storage unit, you will ensure that your items will not develop rust or other weather related damaged that could be caused by Florida's tropical climate.
- Facility Location: It is important to consider the facility location before you reserve your storage unit. If you are using the equipment you are storing frequently, it is important to reserve a unit that is either close to your home or where you use the equipment. Being able to drop it off or pick it up on your way to your destination will make your experience with your West Palm Beach storage facility all the better.
- Extended Hours: When it comes to making plans with friends at the beach or on the golf course, schedules, and tee times can change in an instant! Consider reserving a unit that offers extended hours. That way, you never have to make your friends wait because you are waiting for your storage facility to open.
Since West Palm Beach is within miles of the beautiful Atlantic Ocean, many residents have boats to enjoy the open water. As much fun as it is to take the boat out, you need a safe place to keep it when you are not using. When researching storage facilities in the West Palm Beach area, consider looking for a place that offer boat storage. Many home associations and neighborhoods frown on parking your boat in your driveway. By leaving your boat at a secure facility, you will be happy and so will your neighbors.
Self Storage features to consider when storing a boat:
- Facility Security: Your boat is valuable monetarily and personally to your family. You may want to consider looking for a facility with extra security features such as video surveillance and on-site management for peace of mind when you park your boat for the week.
- Extended Hours: If you want to be able to take your boat out at a moments notice, consider a facility in West Palm Beach that won't limit your access to standard operating hours. Some storage facilities in the area offer extended hours, while others offer 24-hour access.
- Outdoor vs. Indoor: Outdoor storage is the most affordable option when it comes to basic boat storage. However, this option offers no protection from the weather elements. Covered storage is slightly more expensive and provides some shelter from the elements. Indoor storage is the most expensive option and it provides complete protection from the elements.
RENT YOUR WEST PALM BEACH STORAGE UNIT TODAY!
If you've found the West Palm Beach storage unit that best suits your needs, you can reserve it directly online with Storage.com, or call in to speak with one of our storage representatives. Thank you for visiting Storage.com!