Are you looking for self storage in St. Petersburg, FL? Welcome to Storage.com—your one-stop shop for all your storage needs! Our site allows you to search for self storage facilities in your area or beyond and compare available unit sizes, prices, and storage amenities. Renting storage space is easier than ever, because you can reserve a storage unit at any of our listed facilities in minutes right here on our website.
WHY PEOPLE NEED SELF STORAGE IN ST. PETERSBURG
Whether you are starting a new chapter of your life, moving for school, or simply spending your winter here to escape the cold, St. Petersburg self storage is easily attainable, thanks to the search features here at Storage.com. No matter how much storage you need or how long you need it, we can help you find the facility with the right storage solution.
Relocating/Moving to St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg, "The Sunshine City," currently holds the Guinness World Record for experiencing the most consecutive days of sunshine (768). The city averages 361 days of sunshine each year with an average temperature of 73.7°F. St. Petersburg's location on the coast also means residents have plenty of access to white, sandy beaches, as well as the enamoring waters of the Gulf of Mexico.
The local economy is strong, with many opportunities in the financial sector, manufacturing, information technology, and marine sciences, in addition to tourism, education, and healthcare. Raymond James Financial, Inc. employs more than 3,000 people at their corporate headquarters in St. Petersburg. Other top employers include the Home Shopping Network, Nielsen Media Research, and Honeywell Aerospace, just to name a few.
Moving to a new city can be exciting, as well as stressful. Sometimes it takes a while to find your dream home, especially if you're starting a new job at the same time. Even if you find a large enough house or apartment, you might not have enough time to get to know the neighborhoods before committing to a home purchase or long-term lease. However, if you have a St. Petersburg storage unit, you can keep the bulk of your possessions there until you are certain where you want to settle down or can afford a larger home.
Useful storage amenities when relocating:
- Drive-Up Access: When moving heavy items such as furniture, the shorter the distance you have to travel, the better. With drive-up access, you can literally park your vehicle in front of your storage unit door and load and unload from there.
- Short-Term Rental Agreements: If you only need storage in St. Petersburg long enough to unpack, you'll want to rent from a facility that offers weekly or monthly leases.
- Climate Control: The subtropical climate of St. Petersburg may be perfect for sunbathing, but it can be detrimental to delicate belongings such as electronics, paper documents, and photographs. To protect them, invest a few extra dollars to rent a climate-controlled self storage unit in St. Petersburg. This will keep the inside of your storage unit at room temperature conditions—between 55-85°F with low humidity levels.
When it comes to lively, productive downtown areas, St. Petersburg is hard to top! In addition to serving as the city's main business district, Downtown St. Petersburg is where you'll want to go to catch up on what's happening. There are plenty of museums, including the Dali Museum and the Museum of Fine Arts, as well as performing arts centers and shopping venues. This includes the new SUNDIAL shopping center, which opened its doors in 2014.
Living in Downtown St. Petersburg will put you close to the business district and the nightlife, but most downtown residents live in smaller homes and apartments to accommodate their budgets in the high-rent district. If you want to live close to the action, consider renting a St. Petersburg storage unit to give you more space at a lower cost than a larger apartment.
Storage amenities for downtown residents:
- Location Proximity: The idea of living downtown is to remain close to your essentials and needs—this includes your self storage unit. Look for a storage unit in Downtown St. Petersburg so you can access it at your convenience.
- Extended Access Hours: Another consideration for convenience is the facility hours. You may want to rent a storage unit with 24-hour access, so you can enter your unit even when the facility staff has gone home for the night.
- Facility Security: Since you are living in a highly populated area, the self storage facility should have premium security features to protect your belongings. Amenities to look for include video surveillance systems, alarmed units, on-site management, and gated entry to the facility.
Snowbirds and Storage
One advantage to spending the winter in Florida is the lack of snow, sleet, and frigid temperatures. If you'd like to escape the cold by spending a few months in the South, St. Petersburg is an ideal choice. There are beaches, the mighty blue Gulf of Mexico, and sunny days to make your winter as warm and comfortable as possible. In short, this is a great place for snowbirds!
Whether you are renting a winter house or a condo, you probably won't want to pay to maintain this household when you leave for the summer months to return up North. Rather than hauling all of your Florida essentials home with you, you can keep them in a St. Petersburg storage unit until you return next year. That way, you can travel light as a snowbird, and you don't have to move household items across the country twice a year.
Storage amenities for snowbirds:
- Short-Term Rental Agreements: Why pay for a year-long lease if you'll only out of town for a few months in the summer? Look for a mini storage unit in St. Petersburg that offers rental agreements on weekly or monthly terms so you don't have to pay for storage space any longer than necessary.
- Unit Size: Picking the correct unit size can be tricky, especially when you're only transporting a portion of your belongings. If you only have a few boxes to store, a 5x5 will be enough. A 10x15 storage unit can hold the contents of a small apartment. For more tips, you can use our interactive storage guide or call your St. Petersburg self storage facility for a recommendation.
- Security Features: You'll want to have peace of mind that your belongings are safe while you're out of the area, so choose a St. Petersburg storage facility with advanced amenities like video surveillance, gated entry, unit alarms, or on-site management.
College Students and Storage
With a local University of South Florida campus and several smaller colleges, St. Petersburg is a great place for obtaining or furthering an education. As a student, you'll naturally want to save as much money as you can for tuition and school supplies; this means settling for a smaller apartment or house. It's easy to run out of room, especially if you share a small living space with several other people or live on campus. When living with roommates, sometimes belongings and possessions get mixed together or lost.
To solve this, you can rent a St. Petersburg mini storage unit to house anything you don't need on a daily basis. Athletic equipment, extra furniture, and school supplies—keeping these items in storage will allow you to optimize living space at home. You can even split the rental fees with your roommates and allow them to store excess properties as well, saving you even more space and money! Many students decide to rent self storage over the summer months if they're heading home over the break. That way, they can save money on rent and not be burdened with moving all of their college belongings home for just a few months.
Storage amenities for college students:
- Unit Size: Once you decide how many people will be using your St. Petersburg mini storage unit, you can decide what size of unit you will need. As long as you do not store an automobile in your unit, anything between a 5x5 and a 10x15 should fit your needs.
- Climate Control: Some college essentials—such as electronics or books—do not fare well in hot, humid conditions. To keep them in optimum condition, consider renting a St. Petersburg storage locker with climate control.
- Location Proximity: Since the idea of using storage for college is to make life more convenient, you might as well pick a self storage facility that is located nearby. Check our listed facilities' addresses to see if one is located close to your dormitory, apartment, or house.
Storage for Recreational Equipment
No matter your reason for traveling to St. Petersburg, taking advantage of the lovely weather and gorgeous outdoor scenery is a must. The beaches and ocean are always available for sunbathing, boating, surfing, and waterskiing. Don't forget about the numerous fishing lakes, campgrounds, ball courts, and the "World's Largest Shuffleboard Club." Outdoor recreation may be fun, but what to do with all of that equipment when you're not using it? To save space at home and in the garage, consider renting a self storage unit of a suitable size.
Storage amenities to consider for recreational equipment:
- Unit Size: The unit size you will need depends on how much recreational equipment you need to store. For smaller items such a golf clubs and tennis racquets, a 5x5 mini storage locker will do. For something larger like an ATV, you can upgrade to a 10x10.
- Boat/RV Storage: Many self storage facilities offer space and units specifically designed for recreational equipment or vehicles. Use our site's search features to find St. Petersburg boat storage and St. Petersburg RV storage in your neighborhood.
- Extended Access Hours: There's no sense in putting a time limit on your day off, so why should you worry about returning your recreational equipment to your storage unit before the facility closes? Seek out a St. Petersburg storage facility with 24-hour access, so you may visit your unit whenever it's convenient to you.
RESERVE A ST. PETERSBURG STORAGE UNIT TODAY!
Thank you for visiting Storage.com for your St. Petersburg self storage needs. Once you've found the perfect storage unit, you can reserve it online or call in to address any further questions you might have.