If you need self storage in Apopka, FL, you can put your search to an end! With Storage.com, finding a storage unit is easier than ever. Gone are the days of calling random facilities and hoping to find one with modern-day features and a trustworthy staff. Storage.com allows you to search for nearby storage facilities, see what sizes and amenities they offer, and make a reservation without even picking up the phone.
WHY PEOPLE ARE USING SELF STORAGE IN APOPKA
Apopka mini storage is convenient for anyone, whether they're long-time Florida residents who want to clear some clutter from their homes or people moving to the area who need additional space during the transition. It doesn't matter if you need storage on a temporary or long-term basis; a storage unit in Apopka can help.
Using Self Storage While Relocating
Apopka sees an average of 241 sunny days each year with highs in the 90s and lows in the 50s, which means it's an attractive option for anyone looking to relocate. Though it's a smaller city with a population just over 41,000, it's half an hour away from Orlando, meaning residents are close to Universal Studios, Disney World, Orlando International Airport, and University of Central Florida. Apopka also has career opportunities in education, health care, manufacturing, and scientific research, so there's no shortage of jobs for those looking to move for work.
When it comes to relocating to Apopka, there may be a period of time when you have to wait to move into your new apartment, condo, or house. Because of this, you might stay with friends or in a hotel until your home is move-in ready. Unfortunately, you won't be able keep all of your furniture, appliances, and boxes of belongings with you while you stay in a temporary home. This is where self storage in Apopka can help. With a storage unit, you can move whatever items you aren't able to keep on hand into storage until your home is ready. That way, everything is kept safe until you can get situated.
Storage amenities to look for when relocating:
- Short-Term Rental Agreements: A storage facility in Apopka that offers flexible leasing is what you'll want when transitioning because it means you can rent on a weekly or monthly basis without getting stuck in a long-term contract. Then, you only have a storage unit for as long as you need it.
- Facility Security: Security features will not only protect your items while they're in storage, but it will give you peace of mind. Look for facilities offering gated access, video surveillance, on-site management, or alarmed units, all of which will prevent break-ins and theft.
- Climate Control: Climate-controlled storage is worth the investment when you're storing items in a city as hot and humid as Apopka. Items like photos, antiques, wooden furniture, and electronics can be damaged by high temperatures and humidity, so a unit that regulates internal conditions is necessary to protect these items.
How Self Storage Helps Small Businesses
Small businesses in Apopka often run into issues of not having enough office space as they grow. Whether it's packing too many bodies into one building, trying to find somewhere to store hard copies of files, or keeping extra furniture on hand, space can be tight. Renovating the space or relocating to a larger building are options; however, they're also more expensive options. Renting an Apopka storage unit, on the other hand, is an option that can help your business get more space without a high cost.
Storage amenities to look for when using business storage:
- Facility Location: While a storage unit can definitely help save space, you should also make sure the facility is located close to your office. That way, you won't have to drive far to pick up supplies or files.
- Business Amenities: Some Apopka storage facilities feature amenities specifically designed to help commercial tenants. If your unit has in-unit electricity and access to Wi-Fi, you can set up laptops and use your storage unit as a second office space. Also, most facilities will accept deliveries on a business's behalf and move the packages to the tenant's storage unit.
- 24-Hour Access: Businesses involved in landscaping, plumbing, and construction will definitely want 24-hour access to their storage unit, as it means they can grab what they need from their units without having to worry about the facility's business hours.
VEHICLE STORAGE IN APOPKA
If you don't have access to a garage or plan to be out of town for an extended period of time, Apopka auto storage is a great way to protect your car, truck, or motorcycle from theft, as well as from the elements.
When looking for vehicle storage in Apopka, be sure to see what type of storage they offer. The most common and least expensive type of vehicle storage is outdoor storage, which means your vehicle is kept in a gated parking lot. Some facilities offer covered vehicle storage as an alternative. With this type, your vehicle is still outdoors, but it's protected by a roof. The option that offers the best protection, however, is indoor storage, which is obviously more expensive than the other two. With indoor storage, a 10x20 or 10x30 storage unit is required to accommodate the vehicle's size. Some indoor units for vehicles may come with climate-controlled options, too.
Of course, there are other options for vehicle storage as well, such as RV storage, ATV storage, and boat storage.
Apopka, like many cities in Florida, is a popular venue for boating. In addition to the recreation areas of Lake Apopka, residents have easy access to canoe-friendly rivers in Wekiva Springs State Park. However, a boat also takes up a lot of space in a garage or driveway. Instead of keeping your boat at home or paying to dock it somewhere (which will also leave it exposed to the elements), you can use Apopka boat storage to hold it.
Similar to auto storage, you can also choose whether you'd like to keep your boat in an indoor unit, under a covered parking space, or in an outdoor parking space.
Storage amenities to look for when using boat storage:
- Facility Security: Boats are expensive, so having storage security, such as video surveillance and gated access, will keep your investment protected while it's in self storage.
- 24-Hour Access: If your Apopka storage facility doesn't open until 8 a.m. or 9 a.m. (or worse, is closed on the weekends), it will be hard to grab your boat whenever you want to head out on the water early.
RENT AN APOPKA SELF STORAGE UNIT TODAY
If you've found an Apopka storage unit that fits your needs, you can reserve it online or by calling in to speak with one of our storage representatives. Thanks for using Storage.com!