Storage.com has the answer to your storage needs in Colorado Springs, CO. Our site helps you search and compare storage units within minutes based on size, location, price, and features. Once you've found the perfect storage unit in Colorado Springs, you can reserve it online through Storage.com. Whatever you need to store in Colorado Springs, Storage.com is here to help.
COMMON REASONS FOR USING SELF STORAGE IN COLORADO SPRINGS
Whether you're moving to Colorado Springs for school, work, or the military, Storage.com can help you find a safe place to store your belongings until you find a home. If you need extra space in your home or a place to store your recreational equipment, you can find a Colorado Springs storage unit that fits your needs.
Relocating to Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs sits at the base of the Southern Rocky Mountains with beautiful views of Pikes Peak. With a great climate and over 300 days of sunshine per year, Colorado Springs is a popular destination for visitors and new residents each year. With its economy being primarily driven by the military, high-tech industry, and tourism, Colorado Springs offers many job opportunities. Defense corporations such as Boeing and Lockheed Martin, and high-tech companies like Verizon and Hewlett-Packard all play major roles in providing employment in the city. Colorado Springs is also home to five Army and Air Force bases, including Fort Carson.
Relocating to a new city for work is stressful enough without having to worry about what to do with all of your stuff as you find a new home. Keeping your belongings in Colorado Springs self storage can help ease the transition while you find a place to live in the area. When you use self storage, you have more freedom to take your time finding the right home. Once you've found your new home, you can move your items from self storage at a more leisurely pace than planning a big move in one day. With flexible leases available, you can keep your belongings in a storage unit as long as you need.
Storage features to consider when relocating:
- Drive-Up Access: Unload heavy items like furniture and appliances quickly and safely by driving your car or moving truck right up to your storage unit.
- Short-Term Rental Agreement: Hopefully finding a home won't take too long. Look for storage facilities in Colorado Springs that offer weekly or monthly leases so you don't pay for storage longer than you need it.
Living at a Military Base
Colorado Springs is home to five Army and Air Force bases: Fort Carson, Peterson Air Force Base, Schriever Air Force Base, the United States Air Force Academy, and the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) in Cheyenne Mountain Air Station. Thousands of soldiers and their families live on and around these bases. Fort Carson is one of the most requested duty stations in the U.S. Army, with approximately 70,000 active duty soldiers, family members, and civilians living on the base. Whether your are relocating to work, live, or serve at one of the five military bases, Colorado Springs mini storage can help keep your valued possessions nearby and give you the freedom to focus on your work while still having your belongings available to you.
Storage features to consider when relocating for the military:
- Vehicle Storage: You can store your vehicle at a Colorado Springs storage facility while training on base. It's an easy way to keep your vehicle safe from the elements and theft. Vehicle storage can be covered, uncovered, or indoor.
- Security: Security features like video surveillance, unit alarms, or on-site management are available at some Colorado Springs storage facilities to help ensure your belongings are kept safe while living and training on base.
Storage for College Students
Colorado Springs attracts a large number of students to the area. Whether attending the United States Air Force Academy, Colorado College, the University of Colorado Colorado Springs, or any of the other local schools, a Colorado Springs storage locker can be helpful for students making the big move to a new city.
Store seasonal clothing, furniture, and recreational equipment in a Colorado Springs storage unit over the summer, or even during the school year if you need more space than your dorm room provides. Rent a storage locker for the summer to take the pressure off of packing and moving all your belongings home for the break only to move them back in a few months.
Storage features for college students to consider:
- Unit Size: You can easily store a desk, dresser, and a few boxes in a 5x5 unit. To save money, consider renting a storage unit with a friend.
- Climate Control: Colorado Springs has a beautiful climate, however it's very cold throughout the winter. Rent a climate-controlled storage unit in Colorado Springs and protect sensitive items, such as electronics, clothing, or musical instruments, from extreme temperatures by keeping them in an environment with temperatures between 55-85°F.
- Security: Look for Colorado Springs storage facilities with gated access, unit locks, and video surveillance. Knowing your belongings are safe will give you peace of mind while away.
Storing Recreational Equipment
Over five million people visit Colorado Springs annually to see the many attractions it has to offer. Visit the U.S. Olympic Training Center or Cheyenne Mountain Zoo while breathing in the fresh mountain air. Take a walk through the Garden of the Gods, named as TripAdvisor's 2014 Number One Park in the United States, or up to Pikes Peak, one of the most famous American mountains.
With over 500 acres of trail and easy access to the Rocky Mountains and Fountain Creek, Colorado Springs is a great place for outdoor activities like rock climbing, white water rafting, horseback riding, fishing, and hiking. When you are not outside, you can store your equipment in Colorado Springs mini storage until you are ready to pull it out again.
Features to consider when storing recreational equipment:
- 24-Hour Access: You never know how long your outdoor adventures might last. Look for a Colorado Springs storage facility that offers 24-hour access so you can come and go as you please.
- Unit Size: Measure your equipment to see how much storage space you will need. If you are storing skis or a snowboard in the summer and golf clubs and camping equipment in the winter, a 5x5 unit will work. If you want to store something like a snowmobile, or even an RV or boat, look for a larger unit or consider vehicle storage in Colorado Springs as an option.
- Proximity: Find a storage unit near your home or near your favorite park or hiking trail to make it easier to get your equipment when the call to adventure comes. You don't want to spend extra hours getting to your equipment or returning it when you are done.
RENT YOUR COLORADO SPRINGS STORAGE UNIT TODAY!
Thank you for visiting Storage.com to find Colorado Springs self storage. If you've found the perfect storage unit for your needs, you can rent it right here on our website, or call in to speak to a storage representative.