Do you need self storage in Redlands, CA? If so, you've come to the right place! Storage.com is your source for finding, comparing, and renting storage units in Redlands. Our online database makes it easy to view and compare available units based on location, price, and a variety of storage amenities. Once you've found the right facility, reserving your unit is only a click away!
COMMON REASONS TO RENT SELF STORAGE IN REDLANDS, CA
Known as "A City that Works," Redlands was named after the red, adobe soil that makes up the landscape. The area got its start in the 1880s when the railroad system made its way to that part of the United States and stirred up real estate interest in the area. Redlands proved to be a successful location for citrus production and quickly began making a name for itself in the citrus industry.
Whether you are moving to Redlands for work, attending college at the University of Redlands, or you just need more space at home, self storage can help!
Relocating to Redlands
Although the massive citrus industry in Redlands had declined by the end of the 20th century, many people still move to the area for the inviting small town vibe in a beautiful climate and gorgeously landscaped area. Businesses such as software company Esri, Five Ten Footwear, and Gill Electric Company (later acquired by Teledyne Industries) are headquartered in Redlands, and many other companies operate regional offices in the city, creating employment opportunities in this picturesque community.
Moving to a new city can be a stressful process. Keeping your belongings at a Redlands storage facility can help take away some of that stress. Reserving a storage unit in Redlands allows you to take your time when it comes to finding the right home for you and your family, and also take your time moving all of your belongings in once you find the right place.
Storage features to consider when relocating:
- Climate Control: Heat and humidity can damage items like wood furniture, electronics, documents, and more. A climate-controlled unit will remain between 55–85°F with regulated humidity so your belongings are safe and kept mold- and mildew-free.
- Drive-Up Access: When it comes to moving an entire household, not everything is going to fit in a standard moving box. When moving items in or out of the storage unit, you'll want to make sure that the larger items, such as furniture or appliances, are being cared for during the moving process. By finding a storage facility in Redlands that offers drive-up access, you can avoid potential damage to your larger items since you will be able to pull a moving truck or trailer up right outside the unit for easy hauling.
- Short-Term Rental Agreement: Find a storage facility in Redlands that offers flexible leases. Having a flexible lease will allow you to keep your items in a storage unit for as long as you need, giving you just the right amount of time to coordinate moving dates and transfer your belongings into your new home without having to pay for storage longer than you will use it.
Living In Downtown Redlands
When it comes to living in the Downtown Redlands area, the downtown charm is big, but the extra storage space can be small. Apartment closets can fill up quickly, with little room for seasonal items, leaving renters to feel like their home is being taken over by clutter. The cost of living is relatively high in Redlands, meaning renting a larger apartment or home may not be an economic option.
By investing in a storage unit in Redlands, renters do not have to sacrifice belongings they use less frequently just because of current space restraints. The cost of a Redlands storage locker is less than a bigger apartment, and can help people reclaim some of their living space at home.
Storage features to consider when living in Downtown Redlands:
- Facility Location: Proximity and easy access are important aspects to consider when trying to make the most of your space at home with a self storage unit. When searching for storage facilities in Redlands, look for a storage unit nearby your home to store your seasonal items and other belongings you don't use every day.
- Security Features: Many storage facilities in Redlands offer basic security features such as gated access and a lock system. If you're interested in additional security features to protect your unit, look for Redlands storage facilities that offer features such as alarmed units, video surveillance, or even on-site management for added protection.
- 24-Hour Access: When using storage as a way to expand your current living space, you'll want to make sure that you have access to your items when you need them. Some Redlands storage facilities have 24-hour access so you can pick up or drop off belongings when it's convenient for you.
Self Storage for College Students:
The University of Redlands makes it a priority to establish a sense of community within the residence halls of the university. The university requires students to live on campus their entire undergraduate career, unless certain circumstances arise. When it comes to living in a dorm room setting, the closets and the space under the bed can fill up quickly.
By finding a storage unit in Redlands that fits your student needs, the space constraints inside your dorm room won't seem to be as big of a problem anymore. Also, when you travel home for summer break, you can keep your college essentials stored in a Redlands storage unit, making it easier to enjoy your vacation and move back in to campus in the fall.
Helpful storage features for college students:
- Climate Control: If you're going to be storing seasonal clothes, books, wooden furniture, or electronics in your storage unit over the summer, it's important to invest in a climate-controlled unit. With climate control, you can protect sensitive items from damage since they will be in an environment with regulated temperatures and humidity levels.
- Unit Size: It's important for students to take an inventory of what they're interested in storing at an off-site location to ensure that they are not going to be paying for more space than they need. Many students find that a 5x5, a storage unit the size of a standard walk-in closet, is all the extra space they need to store a seasonal wardrobe and a few extra boxes. If you're storing more belongings and furniture over the summer, you may need a 5x10. Do you still need help figuring out what size unit you need? Our interactive storage size guide is a great resource to help you determine what unit size is right for you.
- Facility Location: If you're going to store items that you may need to access on a regular basis, it's important that you find a storage facility in Redlands that is close to campus so you can avoid driving all over town when picking up or dropping off an item at your unit.
Storing Recreational Equipment in Redlands:
The outdoor activities in Redlands are endless. The California climate is home to many outdoor enthusiasts who enjoy the number of golf courses and the short ride to Newport Beach. If your closets are already busting at the seams and your garage is full, outdoor enthusiasts in Redlands can get back some of their precious closet or garage space by reserving a storage unit for their golf clubs, surfboard, or wet suit.
Storage features to consider when storing recreational equipment:
- Facility Location: If you're going to be using your recreational equipment frequently, but still need to keep it in storage, it's important to find a storage facility in Redlands that's close to your home or the place where you will be using your equipment.
- 24-Hour Access: If there's a chance that you're going to need to be able to get to your recreational equipment at a moment's notice, it's important that you find a storage facility in Redlands that offers 24-hour access. A storage facility with 24-hour access means you'll never have to worry about rushing to your unit to make it there before closing time.
- Security Features: Recreational equipment can be a monetary investment and if you're leaving your golf clubs or surfboard in a storage unit, you'll want to make sure that those items are in good hands while you're away. It's important to become familiar with the different security measures that the storage facility you have chosen offers. Helpful features include unit alarms, video surveillance, and on-site management, in addition to gated access to the facility and unit locks.
RENT YOUR REDLANDS STORAGE UNIT TODAY
Thank you for visiting Storage.com! Once you find the Redlands storage facility that you want, it's easy to reserve a unit right here on our website. Just complete the online reservation, or call in to speak with one of our storage representatives.