Need some extra storage space in Los Angeles, CA? You're at the right place. Storage.com makes securing self storage in Los Angeles easy. Our listings display the information you need including price, unit size, available features, and more. With Storage.com, you can find, compare, and rent storage in under five minutes!
COMMON REASONS FOR USING SELF STORAGE IN LOS ANGELES
Los Angeles is known for many things. The second largest city in the United States, LA is internationally famous for Hollywood, the place to be for anyone pursuing an acting career. The city is also home to highly respected colleges, including the University of California, Los Angeles and the University of Southern California, as well as countless businesses and cultural organizations.
In a city with so much happening at all times, people rent storage units in Los Angeles for a variety of reasons. Whether you're moving to the area, are between living spaces, need some additional storage space because your apartment is running out of room, or are traveling home over a school break, self storage in LA is a great option to help with your storage needs.
Renting Storage While Moving to Los Angeles
Making the move to LA? You're not alone. Home to more than 3.8 million people, the city continues to grow. Excellent employment opportunities with reputable organizations like UCLA, Kaiser Permanente, and Northrop Grumman encourage many to move to the area. Plus, thousands of people make the leap to pursue their dream of acting on the big screen in Hollywood each year.
Whatever you're moving for, using Los Angeles mini storage can make the process much easier. In LA, finding the right place to live is important, and this isn't always the fastest process. During this transition, renting a storage unit allows you to keep your belongings safe, so you can focus on your search to find a place to live.
When renting self storage when relocating, there are some things you should look for:
- Drive-up Access: If you're using storage during a move, you'll want to keep the strenuous lifting to a minimum. By renting a storage unit with drive-up access, you can avoid carrying things like heavy furniture for long distances since you can pull the moving truck right up to your storage unit.
- Security: When leaving almost everything you own at a storage facility, it's highly recommended that you seek out a LA storage facility that offers advanced security features. This includes video surveillance, coded access, unit alarms, or on-site management.
Cutting Down Living Costs
Living in Los Angeles isn't cheap. All the things that make LA a popular place to live have also driven the cost of living far above most places in the United States. Most apartments start around $2,000 a month or more. This makes renting an apartment that can accommodate an extensive amount of belongings pretty expensive.
Rather than upgrading the size of your apartment, you can rent LA mini storage to cut down on costs. Renting storage at a local facility is a more affordable option than renting an apartment with more space for the things you don't use on a daily basis.
In order to get the most out of your Los Angeles storage unit, consider the following:
- Location: If you will need to access some of the belongings you are storing on a regular basis, an LA storage facility near your home is a convenience you won't want to pass up.
- Security: Since this use of self storage is a more long-term solution, keeping your things safe should be a priority. Look for a facility with coded access, video surveillance, unit alarms, or on-site management.
Renting Storage over College Breaks
Students from all over the nation travel to attend schools like UCLA and USC. When the end of spring semester rolls around, though, it can be stressful for students that don't live near LA to manage their belongings. One option is to move everything back home, but this is both inconvenient and expensive.
To avoid the hassle, many students rent mini storage in Los Angeles. This makes going home to be with family over break a much simpler and more enjoyable experience. It can even be less costly than moving items home. Not only do the students enjoy it, but their families will appreciate it, as well.
Most students are looking for affordable storage options. Here are a few tips to save some money:
- Rent a 5x5 or 5x10 Storage Unit: The larger the storage unit, the more expensive rent is. Most students will be able to get away with smaller sizes, which will help them save money. For a student storing the contents of a dorm room, a 5x5 is typically an option. For students that have been living in an apartment and have a bit more furniture, a 5x10 should be able to handle their storage needs.
- Pay Attention to Specials: Many storage facilities offer specials like a free moving truck upon move-in, or a discount on the first month's rent. Promotions like these will make storing over the summer more affordable.
- Find a Short-Term Lease: Look for a Los Angeles storage facility that offers a flexible, month-to-month lease so you don't have to pay for storage longer than you'll use it.
Storing Recreational Equipment
Los Angeles is an outdoor enthusiast's dream. With warm and sunny weather throughout the year, wilderness areas like Franklin Canyon Park and Backbone Trail in the Santa Monica Mountains are always popular for hiking and biking. Water lovers frequent surf spots like Lunada Bay and El Porto, as well as the local beaches.
With storage space being fairly limited due to high living costs, keeping things like a mountain bike, camping gear, or a surfboard at home might be a bit of a challenge. Rather than renting equipment or living in a cluttered space, many use a Los Angeles storage unit.
For the outdoor enthusiast looking to rent self storage space, consider these options:
- 24-Hour Access: When hitting the trails or heading to the beach, you don't want to have to keep an eye on the time. Find a facility that offers 24-hour access to your storage unit and pursue your hobbies as long as you'd like.
- Facility Location: For anyone storing recreational gear, a convenient location is a must. You'll be making plenty of trips to the storage facility, so renting somewhere near your home will save you a significant amount of travel time in the long run.
VEHICLE STORAGE IN LOS ANGELES
In addition to standard storage options, many storage facilities offer vehicle storage. Vehicles that can be stored range from cars and motorcycles to boats and RVs. Different facilities will offer different storage options:
- Outdoor: Outdoor storage is usually the most affordable vehicle storage choice.
- Covered: Also outdoors, covered storage offers some protection from the elements.
- Indoor: Usually the most costly, indoor storage offers the most protection from both weather conditions and theft.
RENT YOUR LOS ANGELES STORAGE UNIT TODAY
After you find the storage solution that you're looking for, you can rent within minutes right here on Storage.com. If you have questions, you can also call in and speak with a storage representative. Thanks for researching your Los Angeles self storage options with Storage.com!